Avengers >> View Thread

Author
Brand Echh




So Cap knew she was a traitor...

Even She-hulk considers her .. um.. of loose morals..

Jarvis thinks she's a %#*&...

Now the Hulk wants her dead?!

Man... what did she ever do to the Marvel Universe?

She's just a cop-turned feminist icon-turned werecat-turned sexpot. Does she deserve all this negativity?




Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Nick




> So Cap knew she was a traitor...

Well that was a dumb move on Tony's part you dont send someone cap has known and worked with for years to spy on him, he can read any avenger like a book so it wasnt that hard.
>
> Even She-hulk considers her .. um.. of loose morals..

She wears a bikini into battle
>
> Jarvis thinks she's a %#*&...

Whos more uptight then the butler. Also I think Jarvis is responisble for civil war after the its the Butler whos always done it....wait thats murder never mind \:P
>
> Now the Hulk wants her dead?!

Hulk wants everyone dead odds are she just shot her mouth off to him and made the list
>
> Man... what did she ever do to the Marvel Universe?

no idea
>
> She's just a cop-turned feminist icon-turned werecat-turned sexpot. Does she deserve all this negativity?

I just have one major tigra question...where was she hiding that phone during civil war???
>
>


Posted with Apple Safari on MacOS X
Dermie




> So Cap knew she was a traitor...

After Black Panther told him...

> Even She-hulk considers her .. um.. of loose morals..

When did she say that?

> Jarvis thinks she's a %#*&...

Which was a completely out of character remark. Jarvis has shown affection for Tigra in the past.

> Now the Hulk wants her dead?!

The Hulk is pissed off with everyone. The fact that she is a friend and ally of Stark is enough for him to want her dead at this point.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows 98
Darryl Blackshear




> > So Cap knew she was a traitor...
>
> Well that was a dumb move on Tony's part you dont send someone cap has known and worked with for years to spy on him, he can read any avenger like a book so it wasnt that hard.
> >
> > Even She-hulk considers her .. um.. of loose morals..
>
> She wears a bikini into battle
> >
> > Jarvis thinks she's a %#*&...
>
> Whos more uptight then the butler. Also I think Jarvis is responisble for civil war after the its the Butler whos always done it....wait thats murder never mind \:P
> >
> > Now the Hulk wants her dead?!
>
> Hulk wants everyone dead odds are she just shot her mouth off to him and made the list
> >
> > Man... what did she ever do to the Marvel Universe?
>
> no idea
> >
> > She's just a cop-turned feminist icon-turned werecat-turned sexpot. Does she deserve all this negativity?
>
> I just have one major tigra question...where was she hiding that phone during civil war???
> >
> >

I have been reading these post on the cival war for quite a while. And though you guys make many valid points i must say. and understand this its just my openion. The fact that most of you find what iron-man and shield are doing is ok scares the heck out of me. cap is dead and no one seems to care. but for a second lets under stand what that means, the liveing symbole of what america truely means,is the first person to side aginst this. now i know what some of you will say he surenderd. but understand he did that only because innocent people were getting hurt and they seemed to agree with stark.However as luke cage commented slavery was once a law, but that did not make it right. Just because something seems to be the right way to go doesent mean it is.And by the way is anyone payeing attention to the marvel universe now? because i am haveing trouble reconizeing these people. I appears we dont need villians anymore, The heroes are fillng that role just fine. \:\-\(


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Jon Y.




> So Cap knew she was a traitor...
>
> Even She-hulk considers her .. um.. of loose morals..
>
> Jarvis thinks she's a %#*&...
>
> Now the Hulk wants her dead?!
>
> Man... what did she ever do to the Marvel Universe?

I wouldn't take that link too seriously. They did the same kind of chart during Avengers Disassembled a few years back... and the only deaths that actually seem to have counted were Jack O'Harts and Ant Man... and there's already another Ant Man.

Hawkeye, Thor, Vision... everyone else is either back or on their way.

That chart trick only works on fans once if you're not really planning on seriously offing anyone.

Tigra can sleep easy (I hear she's an easy sleeper). ;\-\)


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Brand Echh





> > Even She-hulk considers her .. um.. of loose morals..
>
> When did she say that?

Maybe I'm misremembering, but I swear she made an off-hand remark to that effect sometime since Slott began writing her...

> > Jarvis thinks she's a %#*&...
>
> Which was a completely out of character remark. Jarvis has shown affection for Tigra in the past.

That comment still freaks me out. Maybe meant playfully and he and Tigra kid each other like that.



Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Brand Echh





> She wears a bikini into battle

And there's nothing wrong with that!

> I just have one major tigra question...where was she hiding that phone during civil war???

A gentleman never asks and a lady never tells.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Brand Echh




> I have been reading these post on the cival war for quite a while. And though you guys make many valid points i must say. and understand this its just my openion. The fact that most of you find what iron-man and shield are doing is ok scares the heck out of me. cap is dead and no one seems to care. but for a second lets under stand what that means, the liveing symbole of what america truely means,is the first person to side aginst this. now i know what some of you will say he surenderd. but understand he did that only because innocent people were getting hurt and they seemed to agree with stark.However as luke cage commented slavery was once a law, but that did not make it right. Just because something seems to be the right way to go doesent mean it is.And by the way is anyone payeing attention to the marvel universe now? because i am haveing trouble reconizeing these people. I appears we dont need villians anymore, The heroes are fillng that role just fine. \:\-\(

See, that's the thing. I don't disagree with you. Tony has been every bit the villain the past few years (of course, he always stradled that edge without anyone noticing...) - however, I do agree with registration in concept and (so far) in practice. Anyone with potentially lethal weapons (even their own hands) should be trained and lisenced to use them properly and be officially accountable for any personal or property damage that results from the possession of said damage. This can only happen with registration. Additionally, some people are just too powerful to give a lisence to fly and let loose, so I also agree with the draft to an extent, although I feel it's been over emphasized somewhat.

To sum: I disagree with Tony's methods, but I agree with the result.



Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Nick M.




Tigra joined at the end of issue #211, A large roster change issue where Moondragon had called numerous others to join the Avengers. On authority Moondragon didn't have. In the end Tigra filled the last of the seven roster spots. The first page of issue #212 Tigra scared Edwin Jarvis on purpose, while he was bring her a glass of milk. Not a good first impression for Jarvis. If Jarvis is going to make a comment like that it would be to Tony Stark rather than any other Avengers considering their history and the death of Stark's Parents.

Issue 212-230 was the Breakdown, Court Martial, & Trial, of Henry Pym. Not really that classic.

Captain America & Tigra didn't interact much since then, Steve Rogers came to Greer Nelson's Police Academy Graduation in her Avengers Icon Solo series. I would say her ties with Jessica Drew the Spider-Woman are closer considering the final Spider-Woman Vol.1 story arc ending with issue #50.

On the loose morals comment. In the Avengers Infinity series, Tigra had been off earth for sometime with Eros of Titan the Starfox. At his trial in She-Hulk's series. Tigra had a "no comment", which was more of a "want happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" comment.



Hulk and Tigra?
I don't think I've ever seen them in the same comic together. I don't think Tigra even made it to Hulk Amnesty Day in Incredible Hulk 277-278. Which had every Marvel Super Hero of the 1980's in it.


>
> Man... what did she ever do to the Marvel Universe?

Tigra hasn't done much, that I think is why the writers don't like her.
What has Tigra done that Wolfbane, Feral, or Hellcat done?


> She's just a cop-turned feminist icon-turned werecat-turned sexpot. Does she deserve all this negativity?

Foreshadowing?
>
>


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Nick




> > I have been reading these post on the cival war for quite a while. And though you guys make many valid points i must say. and understand this its just my openion. The fact that most of you find what iron-man and shield are doing is ok scares the heck out of me. cap is dead and no one seems to care. but for a second lets under stand what that means, the liveing symbole of what america truely means,is the first person to side aginst this. now i know what some of you will say he surenderd. but understand he did that only because innocent people were getting hurt and they seemed to agree with stark.However as luke cage commented slavery was once a law, but that did not make it right. Just because something seems to be the right way to go doesent mean it is.And by the way is anyone payeing attention to the marvel universe now? because i am haveing trouble reconizeing these people. I appears we dont need villians anymore, The heroes are fillng that role just fine. \:\-\(
>
> See, that's the thing. I don't disagree with you. Tony has been every bit the villain the past few years (of course, he always stradled that edge without anyone noticing...) - however, I do agree with registration in concept and (so far) in practice. Anyone with potentially lethal weapons (even their own hands) should be trained and lisenced to use them properly and be officially accountable for any personal or property damage that results from the possession of said damage. This can only happen with registration. Additionally, some people are just too powerful to give a lisence to fly and let loose, so I also agree with the draft to an extent, although I feel it's been over emphasized somewhat.
>
> To sum: I disagree with Tony's methods, but I agree with the result.
>

See I dont think its a bad thing to have a record of what each hero can do and who they are. However Its another to force someone to serve the government because their special. You see the government can not lisence people to live. Its one thing if you look at heroes like ironman and black widow who choose to be a hero. Yes lisense those who choose. However if the life of tights is not for you then you should not have to fight for the gov. I mean here are someperfect examples Cloud 9 just wants to fly she shouldnt be a soldier. Jessica Jones wants to live her life and raise her child in peace not fight crime she does not need to register. The runaways shouldnt have to register these are kids who only step in to help people when no one else is around to help civilians they want to live their lives and disappearthey do not need to register. Its one thing to keep track of anyone who wants to put on tights and play hero, and i agree young heroes should be trained. However heroes should not work soely for the government that just turns them into weapons for the president to deply on a whim which is wrong. Also every single file on a mutant should be erased because force registering ALL mutants is racisim plain and simple no if ands or buts about it. I am so happy to see the new NEW Warriors showing the youthful rebelion in the face of the iron menace.


Posted with Apple Safari on MacOS X
Attok12




There are Tigra fans over here:

http://members3.boardhost.com/AllStarSquadron/

\:\-\)

Gratuitous plug.

\:\-\)


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Travis Ian




> Tigra joined at the end of issue #211, A large roster change issue where Moondragon had called numerous others to join the Avengers. On authority Moondragon didn't have. In the end Tigra filled the last of the seven roster spots. The first page of issue #212 Tigra scared Edwin Jarvis on purpose, while he was bring her a glass of milk. Not a good first impression for Jarvis. If Jarvis is going to make a comment like that it would be to Tony Stark rather than any other Avengers considering their history and the death of Stark's Parents.
>
> Issue 212-230 was the Breakdown, Court Martial, & Trial, of Henry Pym. Not really that classic.
>
> Captain America & Tigra didn't interact much since then, Steve Rogers came to Greer Nelson's Police Academy Graduation in her Avengers Icon Solo series. I would say her ties with Jessica Drew the Spider-Woman are closer considering the final Spider-Woman Vol.1 story arc ending with issue #50.
>
> On the loose morals comment. In the Avengers Infinity series, Tigra had been off earth for sometime with Eros of Titan the Starfox. At his trial in She-Hulk's series. Tigra had a "no comment", which was more of a "want happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" comment.
>
>
>
> Hulk and Tigra?
> I don't think I've ever seen them in the same comic together. I don't think Tigra even made it to Hulk Amnesty Day in Incredible Hulk 277-278. Which had every Marvel Super Hero of the 1980's in it.

Honestly, since the image with the checklist popped up and I saw Tigra's face...one thing comes to mind every time I think about it: the image in "The Last Avengers Story" where the Hulk rips Tigra right in half.

Maybe they'll bring this into the main universe? I doubt it...but, yeah, that's the only real interaction between them that comes to mind. I'm sure there are others, though.
>
>
> >
> > Man... what did she ever do to the Marvel Universe?
>
> Tigra hasn't done much, that I think is why the writers don't like her.
> What has Tigra done that Wolfbane, Feral, or Hellcat done?
>
>
> > She's just a cop-turned feminist icon-turned werecat-turned sexpot. Does she deserve all this negativity?
>
> Foreshadowing?
> >
> >


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.11 on Windows XP
Jackdaw




> > Hulk and Tigra?
> > I don't think I've ever seen them in the same comic together. I don't think Tigra even made it to Hulk Amnesty Day in Incredible Hulk 277-278. Which had every Marvel Super Hero of the 1980's in it.
>
> Honestly, since the image with the checklist popped up and I saw Tigra's face...one thing comes to mind every time I think about it: the image in "The Last Avengers Story" where the Hulk rips Tigra right in half.

That gets my vote for the most disgusting comics death of all time. Marvel Zombies doesn't come close.
Maybe it's time for the Hulk to do that in 616...now that would step up the stakes of World War Hulk.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
seeker




I am so happy to see the new NEW Warriors showing the youthful rebelion in the face of the iron menace.


Please elaborate.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Nick




> I am so happy to see the new NEW Warriors showing the youthful rebelion in the face of the iron menace.
>
>
> Please elaborate.

Well the whole point of the New NEw warriors book coming out next month is these are young heroes who are capturing villains and gift wrapping them for the poilice and defacing every pro reg poster they can find. These kids dont like the registration and dont plan to register. Since the Initiative is the pro reg young hero book. New X-men and Runaways are neutral to the registration and New Warriors are the anti registration young hero book. Also when I said Iron Menace thats what I'm now calling Ironman. Because Honestly the new warriors are how kids should act kids dont do what their told. They rebel, they question the government. I mean when the only people questioning the government are the adults we have a problem.


Posted with Apple Safari on MacOS X

Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software