Avengers >> View Thread

Author
Jackdaw




Cap (D-Man)
Vision (Doc Samson)
Hawkeye (Mockingbird, Moira Brandon)
Black Widow (Angel, Iceman, Scott Lang)
Wasp (Jack of Hearts, Scott Lang when he actually accepted)
off the top of my head- there may be more.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Baron13666





Vision (Doc Samson) ???

I don't remember that. In what issue ?

> Cap (D-Man)
> Vision (Doc Samson)
> Hawkeye (Mockingbird, Moira Brandon)
> Black Widow (Angel, Iceman, Scott Lang)
> Wasp (Jack of Hearts, Scott Lang when he actually accepted)
> off the top of my head- there may be more.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Aragorn




>
> Vision (Doc Samson) ???
>
> I don't remember that. In what issue ?
>
> > Cap (D-Man)
> > Vision (Doc Samson)
> > Hawkeye (Mockingbird, Moira Brandon)
> > Black Widow (Angel, Iceman, Scott Lang)
> > Wasp (Jack of Hearts, Scott Lang when he actually accepted)
> > off the top of my head- there may be more.

Don't remember the issue number, but it was when he was recruiting for the Great Lakes Avengers.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Madison Carter




Hawkeye also tried to make le Peregrine an Avenger. Apparently, it didn't take. Or he just forgot to inform the team after he got home, so they never knew about it.

...somewhere in France, le Peregrine is trying to get clearance.

"But I'm an Avenger. Hawkeye even told me I was!"

unimpressed cop: "Sure you are, monsieur. And I'm Marie, Queen of Scots."

-Madison


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Hawkeye7




> Cap (D-Man)
> Vision (Doc Samson)
> Hawkeye (Mockingbird, Moira Brandon)
> Black Widow (Angel, Iceman, Scott Lang)
> Wasp (Jack of Hearts, Scott Lang when he actually accepted)
> off the top of my head- there may be more.

Ya, but...most of those people were elected chairs at the time. I don't have the charter in front of me at the moment, but can it not be safely assumed that the elected/appointed leader of the group has the authority to speak for the group on at least a provisional basis? Those membership offers may have to be confirmed by a vote at a later date and may prove embarassing to the chair if he/she cna't carry the vote, but I think that as the person who leads and speaks for the group the chair ought to have some latitude there. Some side points:

Did Hawkeye really bring Mockingbird in on his own? Vision as chair asked Hawkeye to start up the West Coast branch, and Bobbie was there when the offer was extended. Did Vision offer to make her an Avenger as part of the team? When did BW offer Angel and Ice-Man membership? The Champions weren't ever considered Avengers, when did she offer them spots on the A-team?


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Cthulhudrew




> >
> > Vision (Doc Samson) ???
> >
> > I don't remember that. In what issue ?
>
> Don't remember the issue number, but it was when he was recruiting for the Great Lakes Avengers.

He wasn't recruiting for the GLA (the GLA hadn't even been a glimmer in anyone's eye at the time). The Vision had just started up the WCA team under Hawkeye, and was considering creating another team in the Southwest (New Mexico region) that he wanted Doc Samson to lead and recruit for. (Presumably, they would have covered areas east of the Rockies, and somewhere west of the Appalachians- not sure where, but I'm sure had it taken, the Vision would have put some other teams in there so they wouldn't have had the entire central US to cover themselves).

Doc Samson turned it down.

Now we have the 50 States Initiative- maybe the Vision's consciousness snuck itself into the US federal computer system again after his apparent demise in Disassembled, and decided the time was ripe to re-initiate (heh) this old plan? The Vision is the true mastermind behind Civil War!!!!


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.3 on Windows XP
Lonewolf36




> Did Hawkeye really bring Mockingbird in on his own? Vision as chair asked Hawkeye to start up the West Coast branch, and Bobbie was there when the offer was extended. Did Vision offer to make her an Avenger as part of the team? When did BW offer Angel and Ice-Man membership? The Champions weren't ever considered Avengers, when did she offer them spots on the A-team?

Black Widow offered Archangel and Iceman membership in Avengers Annual 1999 i believe, but i could be wrong on that.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 1.0.0; on Windows XP

Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software