Avengers >> View Thread

Author
Darryl Blackshear




I Just picked this book up in barnes and nobels and i must say, I think marvel has gone too far! As if tony's and natash's tape wasan't enough, The relationship between wanda and her brother made me drop the book and say eeeewwwww! Not to mention the fact that Hawkeye was a total nutjob. This group can be called anyting but heroes at this point! Boarder line villians maybe but heroes? Never! I remeber when comics were fun. A means to excape the trobles of a world becomeing more and more dark,depressing and disturbing. Guess those day's are over! well at lest that other comic company hasaent gone this far south. so i guess i will try them.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
DCR




> I Just picked this book up in barnes and nobels and i must say, I think marvel has gone too far! As if tony's and natash's tape wasan't enough, The relationship between wanda and her brother made me drop the book and say eeeewwwww! Not to mention the fact that Hawkeye was a total nutjob. This group can be called anyting but heroes at this point! Boarder line villians maybe but heroes? Never! I remeber when comics were fun. A means to excape the trobles of a world becomeing more and more dark,depressing and disturbing. Guess those day's are over! well at lest that other comic company hasaent gone this far south. so i guess i will try them.

They newer were super heroes,ok, but boarder line villains? Well, I guess that during Ultimates II when they were invading other countries, they could have been called "villains", but now?
Hawkeye's actions are suspect, OK, but the other didn't do anything wrong. Yet.

And fun comics still exist. The Marvel Adventures line, Exiles, current Spider Man, She Hulk, X-Men first class, current Fantastic Four, Cable & Deadpool (well, this one is getting cancelled), Nova...
Today you can read fun comics, grim'n gitty comics, etc.
But please if you buyed a comics you found dark, don't complain that there was nothing more light hearted you could have buy!




Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Cascadyan




> I Just picked this book up in barnes and nobels and i must say, I think marvel has gone too far! As if tony's and natash's tape wasan't enough, The relationship between wanda and her brother made me drop the book and say eeeewwwww! Not to mention the fact that Hawkeye was a total nutjob. This group can be called anyting but heroes at this point! Boarder line villians maybe but heroes? Never! I remeber when comics were fun. A means to excape the trobles of a world becomeing more and more dark,depressing and disturbing. Guess those day's are over! well at lest that other comic company hasaent gone this far south. so i guess i will try them.

Sorry to hear they have gone so bad... it does sound quite disgusting IMO...

Just goes to show I was right to not dabble in the Ultimates... I never understood the need (or reason) behind the concept... and thought it took talent and resources from the main books (which both sorely needed it, and books that were the genesis of the characters in the MU)

I dont want to see a different version of Cap, an asian Wasp, a silly Thor... I want to see the original characters grow and transform (am loving the slow-burn of the Winter Soldier storyline), being heroic... to me Ultimates has been for lazy writers... thay dont want to be ham-strung by continuity... perhaps cos they cant be bothered or dont have the intelligence to understand their history... well if thats the case... go get another writing job... and leave these guys alone

I hope ultimates will be just another failed experiment... I dont mind Marvel giving it a go... I just hope this all folds in on itself... and free's up creators time to focus on the true MU... then maybe I will get the Spider-Woman series we were promised years ago... and Maybe even Young Avengers again, etc

Cheers
Cas


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Alexandre Juliao




> I Just picked this book up in barnes and nobels and i must say, I think marvel has gone too far! As if tony's and natash's tape wasan't enough, The relationship between wanda and her brother made me drop the book and say eeeewwwww! Not to mention the fact that Hawkeye was a total nutjob. This group can be called anyting but heroes at this point! Boarder line villians maybe but heroes? Never! I remeber when comics were fun. A means to excape the trobles of a world becomeing more and more dark,depressing and disturbing. Guess those day's are over! well at lest that other comic company hasaent gone this far south. so i guess i will try them.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows 98
pariscub




> The relationship between wanda and her brother made me drop the book and say eeeewwwww!

This is nothing new. Wanda and Pietro have always been written as having a relationship that was a bit too "brotherly/sisterly". If you read the first two volumes of Ultimates, it's quite obvious, and Millar has never made a secret they were written like that.

That being said, Ultimates 3 was typical jeff Loeb, i.e., utterly uninspired. i've yet to read anything good by him.


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.11 on Windows XP
Cascadyan




> > The relationship between wanda and her brother made me drop the book and say eeeewwwww!
>
> This is nothing new. Wanda and Pietro have always been written as having a relationship that was a bit too "brotherly/sisterly". If you read the first two volumes of Ultimates, it's quite obvious, and Millar has never made a secret they were written like that.
>
...Having not read a single Ultimates ever, but along the lines of my post below... I can empathise with people if they dont particularly like the b@stardisation of so long established characters...

I just dont see the point of it... what are we meant to do... "Ooh... Wanda and Pietro got all gross" Who cares... its not like these are the real characters... Its a bit like some of the What-If's where everyone always seems to die... it doesn't matter because its not in continuity

So the fact that Millar telegraphed the move does not detract from the LAMENESS of it

just my thoughts tho... I may be a bit biased... but hey, Iits all good cos I never made a secret of it

Cas


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Darryl Blackshear




> > I Just picked this book up in barnes and nobels and i must say, I think marvel has gone too far! As if tony's and natash's tape wasan't enough, The relationship between wanda and her brother made me drop the book and say eeeewwwww! Not to mention the fact that Hawkeye was a total nutjob. This group can be called anyting but heroes at this point! Boarder line villians maybe but heroes? Never! I remeber when comics were fun. A means to excape the trobles of a world becomeing more and more dark,depressing and disturbing. Guess those day's are over! well at lest that other comic company hasaent gone this far south. so i guess i will try them.
>
> They newer were super heroes,ok, but boarder line villains? Well, I guess that during Ultimates II when they were invading other countries, they could have been called "villains", but now?
> Hawkeye's actions are suspect, OK, but the other didn't do anything wrong. Yet.
>
> And fun comics still exist. The Marvel Adventures line, Exiles, current Spider Man, She Hulk, X-Men first class, current Fantastic Four, Cable & Deadpool (well, this one is getting cancelled), Nova...
> Today you can read fun comics, grim'n gitty comics, etc.
> But please if you buyed a comics you found dark, don't complain that there was nothing more light hearted you could have buy!
>
>

Thoug i respect your point completly You miss the point. The avengers Are the flagship book of super teams for the marvel-u This book simply cheapen's that. I even understand the need to tell more gritty stories, But the stories comeing from the u-Avengers are not gritty they are disturbing. They don't do anyone any justice. Leat of all the Heroes.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Punchdrunk




Ultimate Marvel is NOT the conventional flagship of any franchise. It was created specifically to explore radically different and slightly more reality based takes on traditional characters in the mainstream universe.

Your going to an R art movie and wanting a family film. They just aren't the same thing.


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.11 on Windows 2000
Darryl Blackshear




> Ultimate Marvel is NOT the conventional flagship of any franchise. It was created specifically to explore radically different and slightly more reality based takes on traditional characters in the mainstream universe.
>
> Your going to an R art movie and wanting a family film. They just aren't the same thing.

As i stated before,i respect your openion but totally disagree with you. As do quite a few others here.It is neither radically different or remotely realistic it just disturbing. \:\-\) \:\-\)


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP

Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software