Avengers >> View Thread




Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.11 on Windows Vista
Author
CapA





Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows Vista
katefan




> http://comicnewsi.com/article.php?catid=231&itemid=11041

And once more Tigra looks weak and ineffectual. Pity that no one told Bendis:

1) Tigra is actually a NYC police officer. That happened in her mini series a few years back. Hence the cops who pulled guns on her a few issues ago would have known her (cat-cop is pretty big news). If that changed somehow I would love to hear when it did.

2) Tigra is one of the most recognizeable super heroes on the planet; she is a cat woman! This is not Gravity trying to stop a bank robbery, for Christ's sake. She was an Avenger both in NYC and on the left coast and is very much a public figure.

3) Tigra is a member of the Initiative, right? So unlike Parker, who had to worry about loved ones being hurt, she can actually turn to the likes of Stark for protection.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Dark Marvel




> > http://comicnewsi.com/article.php?catid=231&itemid=11041
>
> And once more Tigra looks weak and ineffectual.


***Against The Hood and her army she is.


Pity that no one told Bendis:
>
> 1) Tigra is actually a NYC police officer. That happened in her mini series a few years back. Hence the cops who pulled guns on her a few issues ago would have known her (cat-cop is pretty big news). If that changed somehow I would love to hear when it did.

***What NYPD will do against The hood and his army...I have no idea...probably a little less then nothing.


>
> 2) Tigra is one of the most recognizeable super heroes on the planet; she is a cat woman! This is not Gravity trying to stop a bank robbery, for Christ's sake. She was an Avenger both in NYC and on the left coast and is very much a public figure.

***What does any of that have to do with her getting her arse beat by a foe who is more powerful than her, has an army to back her up and will threaten her and her loved ones life to gt what he wants...so what she is a public figure...all that means is it will be a highly publicized death.


>
> 3) Tigra is a member of the Initiative, right? So unlike Parker, who had to worry about loved ones being hurt, she can actually turn to the likes of Stark for protection.

***LOL you mean like Peter Parker did, and Stark promised him his aunt May would be fine...then she gets shot and damn nears ends her life...ok.


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.11 on Windows XP
Anthony




> > > http://comicnewsi.com/article.php?catid=231&itemid=11041
> >
> > And once more Tigra looks weak and ineffectual.
>
>
> ***Against The Hood and her army she is.
>
>
> Pity that no one told Bendis:
> >
> > 1) Tigra is actually a NYC police officer. That happened in her mini series a few years back. Hence the cops who pulled guns on her a few issues ago would have known her (cat-cop is pretty big news). If that changed somehow I would love to hear when it did.
>
> ***What NYPD will do against The hood and his army...I have no idea...probably a little less then nothing.
>

I'm pretty sure he's not referring to this preview but rather to Tigra's previous N.A. appearance when she took down Jigsaw.
>
> >
> > 2) Tigra is one of the most recognizeable super heroes on the planet; she is a cat woman! This is not Gravity trying to stop a bank robbery, for Christ's sake. She was an Avenger both in NYC and on the left coast and is very much a public figure.
>
> ***What does any of that have to do with her getting her arse beat by a foe who is more powerful than her, has an army to back her up and will threaten her and her loved ones life to gt what he wants...so what she is a public figure...all that means is it will be a highly publicized death.

Again, it seems more likely that he's referring to the fact that NY cops pulled a gun on one of their own.
> >
> > 3) Tigra is a member of the Initiative, right? So unlike Parker, who had to worry about loved ones being hurt, she can actually turn to the likes of Stark for protection.
>
> ***LOL you mean like Peter Parker did, and Stark promised him his aunt May would be fine...then she gets shot and damn nears ends her life...ok.

It seems to me that the circumstances are very different. Peter was a fugtive from the law when May got shot. Tigra is a law official. Add to that the fact that she knows exactly who's after her and what their abilites are. I'm not saying her mother would be untouchable (17 dead Sheild agents is nothing to sneeze at!) I'm just saying that if she went to Stark or went public with the blackmail, the Initiative's integrity would be on the line. They'd have to pull out all the stops to make sure both Tigra and her family were kept safe.

All this said, Tigra better find a way to get a message over to the N.A. otherwise she just lost the right to call herself an Avenger IMO.

- Anthony


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
spiderprince




> > http://comicnewsi.com/article.php?catid=231&itemid=11041
>
> And once more Tigra looks weak and ineffectual. Pity that no one told Bendis:
>
> 1) Tigra is actually a NYC police officer. That happened in her mini series a few years back. Hence the cops who pulled guns on her a few issues ago would have known her (cat-cop is pretty big news). If that changed somehow I would love to hear when it did.

First off it was really only one cop that pulled a gun on her. What if the cops were new? Who says she's still a cop anyway?

> 2) Tigra is one of the most recognizeable super heroes on the planet; she is a cat woman! This is not Gravity trying to stop a bank robbery, for Christ's sake. She was an Avenger both in NYC and on the left coast and is very much a public figure.

So because she's a cat-person she's that noticeable? Hellcat got a raw deal there then.

I'm sure being an Avenger raises your profile, but just how not everyone knows who someone is just because they've been in movies doesn't mean everyone knows who Tigra is because she's been in the Avengers.

> 3) Tigra is a member of the Initiative, right? So unlike Parker, who had to worry about loved ones being hurt, she can actually turn to the likes of Stark for protection.

I think this would apply if just she was in danger. If she sics Stark on the Hood who's to say Stark could take him down BEFORE he gets to her mom?


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
katefan




> First off it was really only one cop that pulled a gun on her. What if the cops were new? Who says she's still a cop anyway?

Would be nice if that information was made more clear, then. If she is no longer a cop then that should be addressed. And if the cop were new the cop should have been punished, not her.

> So because she's a cat-person she's that noticeable? Hellcat got a raw deal there then.

Big difference between wearing a cat costume and actually being a cat person, especially one well known as having a costume consisting of a blue bikini.

> I'm sure being an Avenger raises your profile, but just how not everyone knows who someone is just because they've been in movies doesn't mean everyone knows who Tigra is because she's been in the Avengers.

Even if they did not know her as an Avenger, she is still a very unique figure.

> I think this would apply if just she was in danger. If she sics Stark on the Hood who's to say Stark could take him down BEFORE he gets to her mom?

And that is a crock. If a cop's family were threatened by a known dangerous criminal you can be sure something would be done about it. And considering what Tigra did for Stark (betraying Cap) I would think he owes her a big one.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
katefan




Anthony addressed the other statements pretty effectively.

> ***What NYPD will do against The hood and his army...I have no idea...probably a little less then nothing.

The point I was making there was this little fact has been completely ignored by Bendis. If she were no longer a cop it would be nice if the issue were addressed somehow.


> ***What does any of that have to do with her getting her arse beat by a foe who is more powerful than her, has an army to back her up and will threaten her and her loved ones life to gt what he wants...so what she is a public figure...all that means is it will be a highly publicized death.

It goes back to when that cop pulled a gun on her and started all her problems. If she were still a cop then she could have identified herself as being one as well, for example. Why she got into trouble instead of the cop really makes not sense as Tigra is a highly recognizeable hero; how many cat women are running around in the MU?

> ***LOL you mean like Peter Parker did, and Stark promised him his aunt May would be fine...then she gets shot and damn nears ends her life...ok.

Like Anthony said, it is a different circumstance. Tigra is not a fugitive and is entitled to quite a bit more in the way of Initiative cooperation. Her mother could be placed in protective custody while SHIELD takes down The Hood, much like a police officer's family who has been threatened would be.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Dark Marvel




> > > > http://comicnewsi.com/article.php?catid=231&itemid=11041
> > >
> > > And once more Tigra looks weak and ineffectual.
> >
> >
> > ***Against The Hood and her army she is.
> >
> >
> > Pity that no one told Bendis:
> > >
> > > 1) Tigra is actually a NYC police officer. That happened in her mini series a few years back. Hence the cops who pulled guns on her a few issues ago would have known her (cat-cop is pretty big news). If that changed somehow I would love to hear when it did.
> >
> > ***What NYPD will do against The hood and his army...I have no idea...probably a little less then nothing.
> >
>
> I'm pretty sure he's not referring to this preview but rather to Tigra's previous N.A. appearance when she took down Jigsaw.
> >
> > >
> > > 2) Tigra is one of the most recognizeable super heroes on the planet; she is a cat woman! This is not Gravity trying to stop a bank robbery, for Christ's sake. She was an Avenger both in NYC and on the left coast and is very much a public figure.
> >
> > ***What does any of that have to do with her getting her arse beat by a foe who is more powerful than her, has an army to back her up and will threaten her and her loved ones life to gt what he wants...so what she is a public figure...all that means is it will be a highly publicized death.
>
> Again, it seems more likely that he's referring to the fact that NY cops pulled a gun on one of their own.

***Ah in that case...I know nothing about that past mini.

> > >
> > > 3) Tigra is a member of the Initiative, right? So unlike Parker, who had to worry about loved ones being hurt, she can actually turn to the likes of Stark for protection.
> >
> > ***LOL you mean like Peter Parker did, and Stark promised him his aunt May would be fine...then she gets shot and damn nears ends her life...ok.
>
> It seems to me that the circumstances are very different. Peter was a fugtive from the law when May got shot. Tigra is a law official. Add to that the fact that she knows exactly who's after her and what their abilites are. I'm not saying her mother would be untouchable (17 dead Sheild agents is nothing to sneeze at!) I'm just saying that if she went to Stark or went public with the blackmail, the Initiative's integrity would be on the line. They'd have to pull out all the stops to make sure both Tigra and her family were kept safe.


***I don't know I mean these guys just finished going right into a secure SHIELD facility and killed 17 agents and freed every last one of their men. I honestly don't think that Tigra wants to risk it because if something happened to her mother because of her actions she prob couldnt live with herself.


>
> All this said, Tigra better find a way to get a message over to the N.A. otherwise she just lost the right to call herself an Avenger IMO.
>
> - Anthony


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.11 on Windows XP
CyberCoyote





> > I think this would apply if just she was in danger. If she sics Stark on the Hood who's to say Stark could take him down BEFORE he gets to her mom?
>
> And that is a crock. If a cop's family were threatened by a known dangerous criminal you can be sure something would be done about it. And considering what Tigra did for Stark (betraying Cap) I would think he owes her a big one.

Not only does she NOT call in the backup that she has but she doesn't even hide or protect herself? Just a drop in character of convenience for Bendis. He doesn't care if she's Tigra or 'Street Hooker #3'. It seems like he just has a box with names in it and draws 'em out to fit whatever role he wants.

None of these stories are character driven, just forced plot.








CyberCoyote-=^..^=-



Remember kids, The EIC of Marvel says that smoking is bad, divorce is bad, but Satanic Pacts are A-OK!
katefan




> ***I don't know I mean these guys just finished going right into a secure SHIELD facility and killed 17 agents and freed every last one of their men.

This is true, but at the time I don't think Tigra knew just how dangerous The Hood was. Sure, he is part of an organization but when the first assault on her person happened I could not see her just keeping quiet about it, not if her mother were threatened.

> I honestly don't think that Tigra wants to risk it because if something happened to her mother because of her actions she prob couldnt live with herself.

That is a valid point, but it seems that after the first Hood attack she did nothing in regards to protecting her mother else how could the Hood use it as a threat the second time? And if she were shot how did she cover that incident up? If you go to a hospital gunshot wounds are reported, and if she went to SHIELD the same thing would apply, she would have to explain the incident somehow. Especially now that she is part of a huge bureaucracy.

I just think it would have been prudent on her part to hide her mother some place until she dealt with The Hood somehow.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP

Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software