Batman >> View Thread

Author
Emperor Doom




Where do you guys rank who can draw the best Batman?

I like

Jim Lee
Turner
Ed McGuiness

who do you guys prefer?


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows Vista
cikman




> Where do you guys rank who can draw the best Batman?
>
> I like
>
> Jim Lee
> Turner
> Ed McGuiness
>
> who do you guys prefer?

I like jim lee as well, hes good


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Captain Kazmir




> Where do you guys rank who can draw the best Batman?
>
> I like
>
> Jim Lee
> Turner
> Ed McGuiness
>
> who do you guys prefer?

My favorites are Marshall Rogers and Neal Adams.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows Vista
cap97




> Where do you guys rank who can draw the best Batman?
>
> I like
>
> Jim Lee
> Turner
> Ed McGuiness
>
> who do you guys prefer?

While Jim Lee is good, I think he's better suited for flashy heroes who stand with legs spread and fists on hips. I wasn't so into his take on Batman, as it wasn't sleek and shadowy enough. I dislike Turner and McGuiness, so I guess you and I aren't going to be shopping for art together anytime soon. ;\)

As for me, I like Dave Mazzucchelli, Steve Rude, Matt Wagner type style when it comes to Batman. Simple, lots of silhouette shots, black and gray costume, all good stuff. For a more classic look, Jim Aparo and Neal Adams did some fun stuff. Bruce Timm and Mike Parobeck for the animated look is also great.

cap97 B\-\)


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.7 on Windows XP
Blue Jay




> > Where do you guys rank who can draw the best Batman?
> >
> > I like
> >
> > Jim Lee
> > Turner
> > Ed McGuiness
> >
> > who do you guys prefer?
>
> I like jim lee as well, hes good

Definitely Neal Adams is the best with Marshall Rogers very close behind him.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Dr.Dom




> Where do you guys rank who can draw the best Batman?
>
> I like
>
> Jim Lee
> Turner
> Ed McGuiness
>
> who do you guys prefer?


Posted with Apple Safari on MacOS X
d




> Where do you guys rank who can draw the best Batman?
>
> I like
>
> Jim Lee
> Turner
> Ed McGuiness
>
> who do you guys prefer?


jim lee
kubert
turner


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Uninvited Guest




> > Where do you guys rank who can draw the best Batman?
> >
> > I like
> >
> > Jim Lee
> > Turner
> > Ed McGuiness
> >
> > who do you guys prefer?
>
> While Jim Lee is good, I think he's better suited for flashy heroes who stand with legs spread and fists on hips. I wasn't so into his take on Batman, as it wasn't sleek and shadowy enough. I dislike Turner and McGuiness, so I guess you and I aren't going to be shopping for art together anytime soon. ;\)


Agree on what you said about Jim Lee, his name will always be associated with the X-Men to me. I also dislke Turner's pencils a lot, I just can't understand what's the appeal, really.
I like McGuinness, sometimes, but definatly not for Batman.


> As for me, I like Dave Mazzucchelli, Steve Rude, Matt Wagner type style when it comes to Batman. Simple, lots of silhouette shots, black and gray costume, all good stuff. For a more classic look, Jim Aparo and Neal Adams did some fun stuff. Bruce Timm and Mike Parobeck for the animated look is also great.

Agree with every word, here. Pretty much sums up everything I think about how Batman should be portrayed artistically.


> cap97 B\-\)

"Ladies and gentlemen! You've read about it in the newspapers! Now, shudder as you observe, before your very eyes, that most rare and tragic of nature's mistakes! I give you... the average man!"
(by Joker, from The Killing Joke).


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.7;MEGAUPLOAD on Windows XP
Icon




Aparo, Adams, Rogers, Perez, Davis, Breyfogle, Parobeck... amongst many others....

Of them all, I believe Don Newton never gets his due enough, his smooth style was always a treat.

I'd personally rank Jim Lee as average at best, his style is adequate but uninspired IMHO I've never understood the fanbase drooling over his work.

McGuiness seems too.. posed and static for my tastes

Turner I don't think I know enough of to judge.


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.8 on Windows XP

Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software