Batman >> View Thread

Author
Lightning Strike




From Comicbookresources.com:

The last two LITG columns... this one and this one, have covered the death of Bruce Wayne, his ascendancy as a Fifth World New God, and his replacement here on Earth.

I can now tell you that the new Batman will be designed by Alex Ross and will see Jason Todd under the cowl.

Poor Dick Grayson. Don't you hate it when someone junior to you is promoted above your head?

This is all part of a cross-continuity, longform story by Grant Morrison and in terms of structure bears similarity to his “New X-Men,” but on a far wider scale. It sounds rather good.


I said further down the board when it was first reported that DC might be killing off Batman, that Jason Todd was the most sensible choice to replace Bruce. This might be interesting

GAMS Member #12
Make A Wish Foundation
Jesus Forever
Lo, I am with you always,
even unto the end of the earth
-MATTHEW 28:20




Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Icon




> From Comicbookresources.com:
>
> The last two LITG columns... this one and this one, have covered the death of Bruce Wayne, his ascendancy as a Fifth World New God, and his replacement here on Earth.
>
> I can now tell you that the new Batman will be designed by Alex Ross and will see Jason Todd under the cowl.


colour me unimpressed by that one.

Poor Dick Grayson. Don't you hate it when someone junior to you is promoted above your head?

Actually, I'm extremey relieved, someone recognising that Dick is NOT Bruce's automatic replacement.

> This is all part of a cross-continuity, longform story by Grant Morrison and in terms of structure bears similarity to his “New X-Men,” but on a far wider scale. It sounds rather good.

Interesting, especially as Morrison's "future Batman" story references Bruce and Dick both being Batman at some point prior to Damian taking over, but not Jason.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
panther7




> From Comicbookresources.com:
>
> The last two LITG columns... this one and this one, have covered the death of Bruce Wayne, his ascendancy as a Fifth World New God, and his replacement here on Earth.
>
> I can now tell you that the new Batman will be designed by Alex Ross and will see Jason Todd under the cowl.
>
> Poor Dick Grayson. Don't you hate it when someone junior to you is promoted above your head?
>
> This is all part of a cross-continuity, longform story by Grant Morrison and in terms of structure bears similarity to his “New X-Men,” but on a far wider scale. It sounds rather good.

>
> I said further down the board when it was first reported that DC might be killing off Batman, that Jason Todd was the most sensible choice to replace Bruce. This might be interesting

Sorry. I don't believe this rumor. Not only does it not make sense, but with TDK coming out as a movie, it seems like they'd want to keep Bruce Wayne as Batman.

But, if true, then I'm not buying any Batman comics for a while.



Posted with Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.12 on MacOS X
Uninvited Guest




...I was reading.
Didio need to go. Nobody hurt the DC Universe as much as he has done in the last few years.
Fortunatly, most Indy properties are handled by their creators, so they're always made in a respectful way. Unlike what happens at DC and Marvel, where no one respects the characters.



"Ladies and gentlemen! You've read about it in the newspapers! Now, shudder as you observe, before your very eyes, that most rare and tragic of nature's mistakes! I give you... the average man!"
(by Joker, from The Killing Joke).


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.7;MEGAUPLOAD on Windows XP
Blue Jay




> ...I was reading.
> Didio need to go. Nobody hurt the DC Universe as much as he has done in the last few years.
> Fortunatly, most Indy properties are handled by their creators, so they're always made in a respectful way. Unlike what happens at DC and Marvel, where no one respects the characters.
>
>
>
> "Ladies and gentlemen! You've read about it in the newspapers! Now, shudder as you observe, before your very eyes, that most rare and tragic of nature's mistakes! I give you... the average man!"
> (by Joker, from The Killing Joke).

I gave up on DC and Marvel Comics quite some time ago. Ever since they ceased to care about their properties I have not gotten a single new comic from them. Dark Horse Comics is now my favorite publisher of comics.

The only comics I will get from DC are the hardcover re-releases of Batman: The Man Who Laughs and Batman: The Killing Joke, along with some of Alan Moore's material.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
The Iron Stark




The thing that really bothers me, if this is true, is that they are going to END the almost 70 year run of the Batman comic and start it over with a new #1 issue. Batman is so close to reaching the 700th issue, it would be a shame to start it over before it makes it to that landmark issue. There are not many comics around these days that reach the 700th issue milestone. What long running comic will be left...Action Comics and Detective? \:\-\(

And why mess up a good thing? Batman is doing great on the sales charts, selling nearly 80,000 issues last month.

Well, I don't like this idea, but what can you do......





> From Comicbookresources.com:
>
> The last two LITG columns... this one and this one, have covered the death of Bruce Wayne, his ascendancy as a Fifth World New God, and his replacement here on Earth.
>
> I can now tell you that the new Batman will be designed by Alex Ross and will see Jason Todd under the cowl.
>
> Poor Dick Grayson. Don't you hate it when someone junior to you is promoted above your head?
>
> This is all part of a cross-continuity, longform story by Grant Morrison and in terms of structure bears similarity to his “New X-Men,” but on a far wider scale. It sounds rather good.

>
> I said further down the board when it was first reported that DC might be killing off Batman, that Jason Todd was the most sensible choice to replace Bruce. This might be interesting
>
> GAMS Member #12
> Make A Wish Foundation
> Jesus Forever
> Lo, I am with you always,
> even unto the end of the earth
> -MATTHEW 28:20




Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Taran'Atar




I wouldn't be at all surprised if they went through with it. DC saw the kind of publicity Marvel got when they killed Captain America; it made newspapers, it was on TV, Joe Qeusada even gave Stephen Colbert Cap's shield.

Wonder Woman isn't popular enough, Superman's already died once, and everyone else has either died before or just won't make headlines.

I certainly don't agree with it, but Batman is really the only logical choice.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
BMK!





>
> I said further down the board when it was first reported that DC might be killing off Batman, that Jason Todd was the most sensible choice to replace Bruce. This might be interesting
>


Rich Johnston, author of the LITG column, had this to say to a poster on the Mark Millar forum www.millarworld.tv

"There's one thing you may be missing. 'Written by Grant Morrison'. Trust the man to write something wonderful. Sources are comparing this to his New X-Men run, incorporating his Batwork, Seven Soldiers, JLA, Aztek, Final Crisis and more.

I think Grant has earned our trust here. Storytelling-wise at least."

-BMK!-






Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Taran'Atar




I won't dispute the quality of Morrison's writing; my problem with this is that the character will be cheapened. They're just going to bring him back.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
mantech2003




> From Comicbookresources.com:
>
> The last two LITG columns... this one and this one, have covered the death of Bruce Wayne, his ascendancy as a Fifth World New God, and his replacement here on Earth.
>
> I can now tell you that the new Batman will be designed by Alex Ross and will see Jason Todd under the cowl.
>
> Poor Dick Grayson. Don't you hate it when someone junior to you is promoted above your head?
>
> This is all part of a cross-continuity, longform story by Grant Morrison and in terms of structure bears similarity to his “New X-Men,” but on a far wider scale. It sounds rather good.

>
> I said further down the board when it was first reported that DC might be killing off Batman, that Jason Todd was the most sensible choice to replace Bruce. This might be interesting
>
> GAMS Member #12
> Make A Wish Foundation
> Jesus Forever
> Lo, I am with you always,
> even unto the end of the earth
> -MATTHEW 28:20



Well if this is true, it can only be a temporary thing. Bruce will be back. If so even though I feel that Dick is the only one who can and deserves to replace Bruce (Tim is the second but he is too young), I really think that if Gotham needs a new protector, Dick would take on the role but remain as Nightwing because to me that identity is as prominent as Batman. So let Jason be Batman. I would like the structure to be like this till Bruce returns -

1. Jason as Batman or Red Hood attempting to fill Bruce's shoes

2. Nightwing dividing his time between the Titans (since it is a non-team right?) and JLA (taking over Batman's spot) and at the same time overseeing JAson to make sure he does not screw up.

Robin is under orders by Nightwing to ally himself with Jason to keep tabs on him.



Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Solar Samurai




> I wouldn't be at all surprised if they went through with it. DC saw the kind of publicity Marvel got when they killed Captain America; it made newspapers, it was on TV, Joe Qeusada even gave Stephen Colbert Cap's shield.
>
> Wonder Woman isn't popular enough, Superman's already died once, and everyone else has either died before or just won't make headlines.
>
> I certainly don't agree with it, but Batman is really the only logical choice.

it's like saying, Superman and Captain America can take getting killed, because they're that special, but don't let it happen to Batman. He couldn't take it. If anything Batman's death would be the biggest of them all. My main concern is it's too soon on the heels of Captain America. And the "start the series over with a new number one" is just what happened to the Flash. I mean, it doesn't matter what they do because I'm on board, but there's so much to compare it to. Superman's death was kind of dull but Captain America's was, as it stands, the best thing ever to happen in a comic book. Can even Grant Morrison match that? I'm curious ...


Posted with Apple Safari 3.0.3 on MacOS X
DDH




They'll just revert to the previous numbering after the initial burst in sales from the new #1 wears off.

See Amazing Spider-Man when it reached #500 ...

> The thing that really bothers me, if this is true, is that they are going to END the almost 70 year run of the Batman comic and start it over with a new #1 issue. Batman is so close to reaching the 700th issue, it would be a shame to start it over before it makes it to that landmark issue. There are not many comics around these days that reach the 700th issue milestone. What long running comic will be left...Action Comics and Detective? \:\-\(
>
> And why mess up a good thing? Batman is doing great on the sales charts, selling nearly 80,000 issues last month.
>
> Well, I don't like this idea, but what can you do......
>


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.9 on Windows XP
Coisa




there´s a new crisis coming and there´s 52 universes out there;

So, what about... There´s a new fresh universe with new Bruce Wayne Batman, and yes another revision of his origin, in the horizon. AND the older universe finally moves OVER and become parallel EARTH ?
after almost 70 years of comics, and a multiverse as it´s obvious landmark, why NOT having an earth One ( golden age), Earth Two ( silverage), Earth three ( modern age) and EARTH FOUR ( twenty-first century) ?

IF you let your imaginations run wild ,Golden Age Earth could easly turn Batman Terry McGinnis earth. Silverage earth could create another INFINITY INC. with the sons and daughters of Batman, wonderwoman, etc... ANd Modern age.... CAn finnaly set older scores Like Dick Grayson becoming Batman for one.




Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.9 on Windows XP
d




> there´s a new crisis coming and there´s 52 universes out there;
>
> So, what about... There´s a new fresh universe with new Bruce Wayne Batman, and yes another revision of his origin, in the horizon. AND the older universe finally moves OVER and become parallel EARTH ?
> after almost 70 years of comics, and a multiverse as it´s obvious landmark, why NOT having an earth One ( golden age), Earth Two ( silverage), Earth three ( modern age) and EARTH FOUR ( twenty-first century) ?
>
> IF you let your imaginations run wild ,Golden Age Earth could easly turn Batman Terry McGinnis earth. Silverage earth could create another INFINITY INC. with the sons and daughters of Batman, wonderwoman, etc... ANd Modern age.... CAn finnaly set older scores Like Dick Grayson becoming Batman for one.


grayson batman not hardly. no no only bruce!
>
>


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
The Iron Stark




> They'll just revert to the previous numbering after the initial burst in sales from the new #1 wears off.
>
> See Amazing Spider-Man when it reached #500 ...
>
> > The thing that really bothers me, if this is true, is that they are going to END the almost 70 year run of the Batman comic and start it over with a new #1 issue. Batman is so close to reaching the 700th issue, it would be a shame to start it over before it makes it to that landmark issue. There are not many comics around these days that reach the 700th issue milestone. What long running comic will be left...Action Comics and Detective? \:\-\(
> >
> > And why mess up a good thing? Batman is doing great on the sales charts, selling nearly 80,000 issues last month.
> >
> > Well, I don't like this idea, but what can you do......
> >


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
CensusTaker




> > there´s a new crisis coming and there´s 52 universes out there;
> >
> > So, what about... There´s a new fresh universe with new Bruce Wayne Batman, and yes another revision of his origin, in the horizon. AND the older universe finally moves OVER and become parallel EARTH ?
> > after almost 70 years of comics, and a multiverse as it´s obvious landmark, why NOT having an earth One ( golden age), Earth Two ( silverage), Earth three ( modern age) and EARTH FOUR ( twenty-first century) ?
> >
> > IF you let your imaginations run wild ,Golden Age Earth could easly turn Batman Terry McGinnis earth. Silverage earth could create another INFINITY INC. with the sons and daughters of Batman, wonderwoman, etc... ANd Modern age.... CAn finnaly set older scores Like Dick Grayson becoming Batman for one.
>
>
> grayson batman not hardly. no no only bruce!
> >
> >

Anyone but Grayson can be Batman as far as Im concerned... (well actually, I dont think anyone but Bruce should be batman, unless actual Bats and the desire to scare people play a part in their initial motivation to become a superhero, however) if someone else was to become the Batman the person last on my list would be Greyson.

Because he's Nightwing damn-it! The greatest natual leader in the DCU. As Nightwing Dick has earned his place in the top tear of heroes a dozen times over and becomeing Batman would only be a backwards step for him.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Lightning Strike




Stephanie (Spoiler) will be Robin to Jason Todd's Batman, post Final Crisis. Apparently, she didn't die after all.

GAMS Member #12
Make A Wish Foundation
Jesus Forever
Lo, I am with you always,
even unto the end of the earth
-MATTHEW 28:20




Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Uninvited Guest




> I gave up on DC and Marvel Comics quite some time ago. Ever since they ceased to care about their properties I have not gotten a single new comic from them. Dark Horse Comics is now my favorite publisher of comics.


I've gotta try some stuff by Dark Horse. They've always been a good publisher, but because I was so much into DC, I passed on their books.
Now that I dropped everything DC and Marvel, I'm open to stuff from everybody else.


> The only comics I will get from DC are the hardcover re-releases of Batman: The Man Who Laughs and Batman: The Killing Joke, along with some of Alan Moore's material.


I'm still getting some of those Showcase Presents volumes from DC, and some DC Direct action figures. Aside from that, nothing else.


"Ladies and gentlemen! You've read about it in the newspapers! Now, shudder as you observe, before your very eyes, that most rare and tragic of nature's mistakes! I give you... the average man!"
(by Joker, from The Killing Joke).


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.7;MEGAUPLOAD on Windows XP
jwd




> Stephanie (Spoiler) will be Robin to Jason Todd's Batman, post Final Crisis. Apparently, she didn't die after all.

Bringing her back would be easy. The idea that Leslie Thompkins would let someone die is preposterous. With Batman's state of mind back then it would be easy for her to fake Stephanie's death and hide her off in some other country somewhere away from Batman's crazy behavior.

jwd



ninja.monkeylord.org (12.345.67.89)
using Interwebs Stealth Engine 2.0 (0.33 points)
Blue Beetle




nt



Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
d.




> The thing that really bothers me, if this is true, is that they are going to END the almost 70 year run of the Batman comic and start it over with a new #1 issue. Batman is so close to reaching the 700th issue, it would be a shame to start it over before it makes it to that landmark issue. There are not many comics around these days that reach the 700th issue milestone. What long running comic will be left...Action Comics and Detective? \:\-\(
>
> And why mess up a good thing? Batman is doing great on the sales charts, selling nearly 80,000 issues last month.
>
> Well, I don't like this idea, but what can you do......
>
>
>
>
>
> > From Comicbookresources.com:
> >
> > The last two LITG columns... this one and this one, have covered the death of Bruce Wayne, his ascendancy as a Fifth World New God, and his replacement here on Earth.
> >
> > I can now tell you that the new Batman will be designed by Alex Ross and will see Jason Todd under the cowl.
> >
> > Poor Dick Grayson. Don't you hate it when someone junior to you is promoted above your head?
> >
> > This is all part of a cross-continuity, longform story by Grant Morrison and in terms of structure bears similarity to his “New X-Men,” but on a far wider scale. It sounds rather good.

> >
> > I said further down the board when it was first reported that DC might be killing off Batman, that Jason Todd was the most sensible choice to replace Bruce. This might be interesting
> >
> > GAMS Member #12
> > Make A Wish Foundation
> > Jesus Forever
> > Lo, I am with you always,
> > even unto the end of the earth
> > -MATTHEW 28:20




it's pretty sad that dc would mess the bat books up like this-i hate this
and dc will lose me as fan and reader!



Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Superman's Pal




> They'll just revert to the previous numbering after the initial burst in sales from the new #1 wears off.
>
> See Amazing Spider-Man when it reached #500 ...

DC hasn't done the ghost-numbering though or returned any old numbering systems. The closest would be restoring Flash v.2 at #230 or whatever after the aborted Fastest Man Alive relaunch. Prior to that not only do they have any titles over 300 issues except Batman and Superman books, they have cancelled most anything else to reach 200. They cancelled Flash v.2 at #230ish (though it's back), cancelled Wonder Woman v.2 around #230, Superman v.2 in the 200s, GL v.2 in the 220s and v.3 around 180, Impulse, Superboy and Azrael all got around 100 issues. What's left? Robin, Nightwing and Birds of Prey are probably the only other titles above 100.

You've got Action, Superman, Detective and Batman with numbers over 600 and that's about it. Too bad they couldn't have kept the original numbering for Wonder Woman, at least. I guess they could always ghost-number it now, it'd be up to around 570 by my count.

As someone said on the JLA board a while back, there was a case for kicking off the new Justice League of America book at #500 since v.1, JLI and JLA had all equalled 499 issues (not counting zero issues and 1 million) but they didn't bite.





Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.10 on Windows XP

Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software