Captain America >> View Thread

Author
minorl




Spoilers:

As everyone already knows, Marvel has effectively killed Steve Rogers a.k.a. Captain America. Marvel, as it its right, tries to shake up the comic world occasionally and make quick money. Whereas DC has always shown a certain amount of respect for its core characters, Marvel has basically told the world and especially Stan Lee to go to hell. Every character that Stan Lee had something to do with is on the verge of ruin. DC killed Superman a few years ago, but since that character had basically four or five titles, no one seriously thought he was really dead. However, I have read many post on several message boards about Captain America over the years and what you find is that people for countries other than America really didn't care for CA. I came up on CA, Avengers, Batman, Thor and some others. I thought Spiderman was too silly and whinny. However, CA was a character that everyone would follow into hell. Even in the JLA/Avengers cross over, the JLA absolutely trusted CA to lead them. Whom in the Marvel universe is a real leader that people would follow? Definitely not Iron Man. The Avengers won most of their battles because they trusted CA. CA and Namor are the only remaining characters that Marvel has left from the Timely error. I know Bucky is back, but it really isn't Bucky yet. Respect is due to long time characters that kept Marvel going in rough times. That was Spiderman, Thor, IronMan, Captain America, Avengers, and the Hulk. In the rough times, the X-men was barely making it. The other characters pulled Marvel though.

I feel that Marvel crossed the line by killing Steve Rogers. Yes, someone else can where the custome, but it wouldn't be the real CA. That is like killing Bruce Wayne and having someone else be Batman. Come on, it isn't the same.

Marvel has every right to shake things up. But, killing a character like this one is really stupid. Maybe younger readers will come on to see what will happen. But, the older readers may just stop the ride and get off. This really isn't about buying a book and reading it. It is about people growing up with certain characters and identifying with their nature and character. CA was my favorite. no replacement came close. I lost all respect and desire to buy and read Iron Man, Warbird/Ms. Marvel, wonderman, and many others because of the betrayal they showed in the Civil War. Yes, it was a law. Yes, it was a stupid law, blah, blah, blah. But, these characters fought against impossible odds and won because they loved, liked and trusted each other and watched each other's backs. That can't possibly happen now.

I know the writers will come up with stories whereby they play down the lives losts, and friendships lost like is was nothing. You can see it now in the current stories. However, when CA dies, the world should stop. But did it? NO, Warbird and Iron Man went on and began picking new Avengers as if nothing happened. Where is the respect? Thor gone. CA (Steve Rogers) Gone. Why? to make a quick buck? to shake thing up?, no! Because Iron Man has a movie coming and Marvel has to play him up. Because the FF must get back together before the new movie comes out. Ask the veterans how they felt when they read CA in WWII? and how they feel now. I have most of the CA books from the forties and all through now. I have every Avengers book. The glue that held Marvel together, the one character that everyone stopped and listened to, even Thor, was Captain America.

sorry for the rant. I won't read any CA story that doesn't have Steve Rogers as CA. Replacements don't interest me.

Marvel, in my opinion, made another very big mistake.




Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
John Birch




> Spoilers:
>
> As everyone already knows, Marvel has effectively killed Steve Rogers a.k.a. Captain America. Marvel, as it its right, tries to shake up the comic world occasionally and make quick money. Whereas DC has always shown a certain amount of respect for its core characters, Marvel has basically told the world and especially Stan Lee to go to hell. Every character that Stan Lee had something to do with is on the verge of ruin. DC killed Superman a few years ago, but since that character had basically four or five titles, no one seriously thought he was really dead. However, I have read many post on several message boards about Captain America over the years and what you find is that people for countries other than America really didn't care for CA. I came up on CA, Avengers, Batman, Thor and some others. I thought Spiderman was too silly and whinny. However, CA was a character that everyone would follow into hell. Even in the JLA/Avengers cross over, the JLA absolutely trusted CA to lead them. Whom in the Marvel universe is a real leader that people would follow? Definitely not Iron Man. The Avengers won most of their battles because they trusted CA. CA and Namor are the only remaining characters that Marvel has left from the Timely error. I know Bucky is back, but it really isn't Bucky yet. Respect is due to long time characters that kept Marvel going in rough times. That was Spiderman, Thor, IronMan, Captain America, Avengers, and the Hulk. In the rough times, the X-men was barely making it. The other characters pulled Marvel though.
>
> I feel that Marvel crossed the line by killing Steve Rogers. Yes, someone else can where the custome, but it wouldn't be the real CA. That is like killing Bruce Wayne and having someone else be Batman. Come on, it isn't the same.
>
> Marvel has every right to shake things up. But, killing a character like this one is really stupid. Maybe younger readers will come on to see what will happen. But, the older readers may just stop the ride and get off. This really isn't about buying a book and reading it. It is about people growing up with certain characters and identifying with their nature and character. CA was my favorite. no replacement came close. I lost all respect and desire to buy and read Iron Man, Warbird/Ms. Marvel, wonderman, and many others because of the betrayal they showed in the Civil War. Yes, it was a law. Yes, it was a stupid law, blah, blah, blah. But, these characters fought against impossible odds and won because they loved, liked and trusted each other and watched each other's backs. That can't possibly happen now.
>
> I know the writers will come up with stories whereby they play down the lives losts, and friendships lost like is was nothing. You can see it now in the current stories. However, when CA dies, the world should stop. But did it? NO, Warbird and Iron Man went on and began picking new Avengers as if nothing happened. Where is the respect? Thor gone. CA (Steve Rogers) Gone. Why? to make a quick buck? to shake thing up?, no! Because Iron Man has a movie coming and Marvel has to play him up. Because the FF must get back together before the new movie comes out. Ask the veterans how they felt when they read CA in WWII? and how they feel now. I have most of the CA books from the forties and all through now. I have every Avengers book. The glue that held Marvel together, the one character that everyone stopped and listened to, even Thor, was Captain America.
>
> sorry for the rant. I won't read any CA story that doesn't have Steve Rogers as CA. Replacements don't interest me.
>
> Marvel, in my opinion, made another very big mistake.
>
>


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.2 on Windows XP
D-Man




Seriously do you honestly believe Steve Rogers is dead? or wont be coming back? Iron Man died....or does everyone forget already the whole Teen Tony thing? Let's see, Tony Stark a traitor then killed? Everyone forget that little thing called The Crossing? Noticed how that little thing got swept under the rug and forgotten about or changed? Wasn't Cyclops killed?
Killed...resurrected.
Anyone here see a pattern? Anyone?

> Spoilers:
>
> As everyone already knows, Marvel has effectively killed Steve Rogers a.k.a. Captain America. Marvel, as it its right, tries to shake up the comic world occasionally and make quick money. Whereas DC has always shown a certain amount of respect for its core characters,

Oh. My. God. Is that a joke? Superman dies, replaced, resurrected. Batman gets beaten by Bane and replaced by Azrael. Hal Jordan goes insane then is killed in Final Night. Jason Todd killed and now resurrected. Superboy Prime and nutjob and killer. Green Arrow killed, replaced, resurrected. Hall Jordan as Spectre. Blue Beetle killed by Max Lord. And that's just the past decade and a half. That's respect for it's core characters????

If that's respect for it's core characters.....then the death of Captain America is the ultimate praise.



Ok people. If you're going to complain about the death, then let's hear some legitimate complaints for once.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows 2000
Uatu




I don't think Marvel has been making many mistakes, as you put it, lately.

The company is doing great. They have half a dozen Hollywood projects under way, not to mention video games, animation and licensing deals too numerous to name. Their publishing wing is doing well and, in fact, has been far more successful that DC's for an entire generation.

Making moves like this, risky moves, is what breathes life into stories. If you like staid repetition and certainty, watch reruns of 70s drama and sitcoms. The characters always stay the same. You know they'll be there from episode to episode. It's dull and it's unrealistic and it makes for terrible storytelling.

I love Captain America and I have decades worth of Cap comics to prove it. But what I like more are good stories. Ed Brubaker and a handful of other super hero comics writers tell good stories.

As for DC respecting its characters more? I think that's nonsense. Batman's back was broken by Bane and he was temporarily replaced. Superman died. There's a new Aquaman. Green Lantern was replaced and only recently reacquired his mantle. The Flash has been replaced twice (three times if you go back to Jay Garrick). I don't think I need to say any more to point out the error in your comment.

I'm totally behind Marvel on this. They haven't always gone the way I want them to with their stories, but since Joe Quesada took over as EIC, they've always been risk takers and innovators within the constraints of the shared super hero universe concept. And for that I'm happy.


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.10 on Windows 2000
Fiasco





DC respects it's characters? Since when?? It's a virtual bloodbath over in their universe every single year for their major characters. Most all of their flagship characters series numbers are below 25 because DC keeps killin them off or replacing them. Marvels (like Cap) are similar in numbering with the exception that Cap's series has been ongoing and simply rebooted to please an oncoming creative team (a practice I abhor, by the way). They've always been faithful to their core characters.

Keeping it strictly on Cap - before we write his eulogy, let's let the story play out. I've seen issues solicited beyond #27. If they're continuing to publish the series, what does that tell you? Hang in there.

If Marvel (or anyone for that matter) only published 'safe' stories that everybody wanted to see happen, they'd have been out of business a long time ago. I'm trusting Brubaker on this. I think he's had a plan in place for a long time now. He hasnt let me down yet.

To anyone angered by the events in Cap, Marvel has angered you deliberately. You can fall off the bandwagon if you choose, or stick around and see where they're going with this. I imagine there's going to be a lot of satisfaction in Cap's eventual re-emergence.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
The Winter Soldier




Cap will be back, I guarantee it. Once they make his movie, he'll be resurrected to cash in on it. It's simply business. Either that or he's Ronin, lol

> Spoilers:
>
> As everyone already knows, Marvel has effectively killed Steve Rogers a.k.a. Captain America. Marvel, as it its right, tries to shake up the comic world occasionally and make quick money. Whereas DC has always shown a certain amount of respect for its core characters, Marvel has basically told the world and especially Stan Lee to go to hell. Every character that Stan Lee had something to do with is on the verge of ruin. DC killed Superman a few years ago, but since that character had basically four or five titles, no one seriously thought he was really dead. However, I have read many post on several message boards about Captain America over the years and what you find is that people for countries other than America really didn't care for CA. I came up on CA, Avengers, Batman, Thor and some others. I thought Spiderman was too silly and whinny. However, CA was a character that everyone would follow into hell. Even in the JLA/Avengers cross over, the JLA absolutely trusted CA to lead them. Whom in the Marvel universe is a real leader that people would follow? Definitely not Iron Man. The Avengers won most of their battles because they trusted CA. CA and Namor are the only remaining characters that Marvel has left from the Timely error. I know Bucky is back, but it really isn't Bucky yet. Respect is due to long time characters that kept Marvel going in rough times. That was Spiderman, Thor, IronMan, Captain America, Avengers, and the Hulk. In the rough times, the X-men was barely making it. The other characters pulled Marvel though.
>
> I feel that Marvel crossed the line by killing Steve Rogers. Yes, someone else can where the custome, but it wouldn't be the real CA. That is like killing Bruce Wayne and having someone else be Batman. Come on, it isn't the same.
>
> Marvel has every right to shake things up. But, killing a character like this one is really stupid. Maybe younger readers will come on to see what will happen. But, the older readers may just stop the ride and get off. This really isn't about buying a book and reading it. It is about people growing up with certain characters and identifying with their nature and character. CA was my favorite. no replacement came close. I lost all respect and desire to buy and read Iron Man, Warbird/Ms. Marvel, wonderman, and many others because of the betrayal they showed in the Civil War. Yes, it was a law. Yes, it was a stupid law, blah, blah, blah. But, these characters fought against impossible odds and won because they loved, liked and trusted each other and watched each other's backs. That can't possibly happen now.
>
> I know the writers will come up with stories whereby they play down the lives losts, and friendships lost like is was nothing. You can see it now in the current stories. However, when CA dies, the world should stop. But did it? NO, Warbird and Iron Man went on and began picking new Avengers as if nothing happened. Where is the respect? Thor gone. CA (Steve Rogers) Gone. Why? to make a quick buck? to shake thing up?, no! Because Iron Man has a movie coming and Marvel has to play him up. Because the FF must get back together before the new movie comes out. Ask the veterans how they felt when they read CA in WWII? and how they feel now. I have most of the CA books from the forties and all through now. I have every Avengers book. The glue that held Marvel together, the one character that everyone stopped and listened to, even Thor, was Captain America.
>
> sorry for the rant. I won't read any CA story that doesn't have Steve Rogers as CA. Replacements don't interest me.
>
> Marvel, in my opinion, made another very big mistake.
>
>


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Shaun Musgrave




Cap will be back. Even Bucky isn't Bucky-dead anymore. No one is Bucky-dead anymore.

But it sounds like maybe you should quit reading comics if they can affect you this much. You're taking this a bit too seriously.



> Spoilers:
>
> As everyone already knows, Marvel has effectively killed Steve Rogers a.k.a. Captain America. Marvel, as it its right, tries to shake up the comic world occasionally and make quick money. Whereas DC has always shown a certain amount of respect for its core characters, Marvel has basically told the world and especially Stan Lee to go to hell. Every character that Stan Lee had something to do with is on the verge of ruin. DC killed Superman a few years ago, but since that character had basically four or five titles, no one seriously thought he was really dead. However, I have read many post on several message boards about Captain America over the years and what you find is that people for countries other than America really didn't care for CA. I came up on CA, Avengers, Batman, Thor and some others. I thought Spiderman was too silly and whinny. However, CA was a character that everyone would follow into hell. Even in the JLA/Avengers cross over, the JLA absolutely trusted CA to lead them. Whom in the Marvel universe is a real leader that people would follow? Definitely not Iron Man. The Avengers won most of their battles because they trusted CA. CA and Namor are the only remaining characters that Marvel has left from the Timely error. I know Bucky is back, but it really isn't Bucky yet. Respect is due to long time characters that kept Marvel going in rough times. That was Spiderman, Thor, IronMan, Captain America, Avengers, and the Hulk. In the rough times, the X-men was barely making it. The other characters pulled Marvel though.
>
> I feel that Marvel crossed the line by killing Steve Rogers. Yes, someone else can where the custome, but it wouldn't be the real CA. That is like killing Bruce Wayne and having someone else be Batman. Come on, it isn't the same.
>
> Marvel has every right to shake things up. But, killing a character like this one is really stupid. Maybe younger readers will come on to see what will happen. But, the older readers may just stop the ride and get off. This really isn't about buying a book and reading it. It is about people growing up with certain characters and identifying with their nature and character. CA was my favorite. no replacement came close. I lost all respect and desire to buy and read Iron Man, Warbird/Ms. Marvel, wonderman, and many others because of the betrayal they showed in the Civil War. Yes, it was a law. Yes, it was a stupid law, blah, blah, blah. But, these characters fought against impossible odds and won because they loved, liked and trusted each other and watched each other's backs. That can't possibly happen now.
>
> I know the writers will come up with stories whereby they play down the lives losts, and friendships lost like is was nothing. You can see it now in the current stories. However, when CA dies, the world should stop. But did it? NO, Warbird and Iron Man went on and began picking new Avengers as if nothing happened. Where is the respect? Thor gone. CA (Steve Rogers) Gone. Why? to make a quick buck? to shake thing up?, no! Because Iron Man has a movie coming and Marvel has to play him up. Because the FF must get back together before the new movie comes out. Ask the veterans how they felt when they read CA in WWII? and how they feel now. I have most of the CA books from the forties and all through now. I have every Avengers book. The glue that held Marvel together, the one character that everyone stopped and listened to, even Thor, was Captain America.
>
> sorry for the rant. I won't read any CA story that doesn't have Steve Rogers as CA. Replacements don't interest me.
>
> Marvel, in my opinion, made another very big mistake.
>
>


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Brand Echh




> Seriously do you honestly believe Steve Rogers is dead? or wont be coming back? Iron Man died....or does everyone forget already the whole Teen Tony thing? Let's see, Tony Stark a traitor then killed? Everyone forget that little thing called The Crossing? Noticed how that little thing got swept under the rug and forgotten about or changed? Wasn't Cyclops killed?
> Killed...resurrected.
> Anyone here see a pattern? Anyone?

Well sure, we all know that eventually he'll be back, but it took Green Goblin 25 years, took Bucky 40 years, took Superman 1 year... so it's really a matter of how long he'll stay dead.

I'm inclined to believe Marvel when they say this dead is meant to last. They say they have no intention or plan for reviving him... so I believe he'll stay dead, at least for the time being.

I don't know how long it will take, but I'll guess this will last more than five years, at least.



Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Miguel




And yeah, they say this death is meant to last, but even though we know it isn't, it'd be foolish to kill someone and then turn around to say, "Yeah, Cap'll be back soon. Don't worry, don't pay attention to what we did." It'd be stupidity in storytelling of the highest order. No one would care.

Even though we know, anyway, that he will be back. Not soon, but not far ahead either: this has spiked a large media spotlight on Cap. They won't let it sit so long that the benefits from bringing him back will atrophy out of that window.


> I'm inclined to believe Marvel when they say this dead is meant to last. They say they have no intention or plan for reviving him... so I believe he'll stay dead, at least for the time being.
>
> I don't know how long it will take, but I'll guess this will last more than five years, at least.
>


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.2 on Windows XP
minorl




> I don't think Marvel has been making many mistakes, as you put it, lately.
> I'm not talking about mistakes money wise, I was speaking about how core characters have routinely been treated by Marvel. Especially characters created by Lee and Kirby. They simply want their own characters, not those that Marvel may owe money to others for their part in creating.
> The company is doing great. They have half a dozen Hollywood projects under way, not to mention video games, animation and licensing deals too numerous to name. Their publishing wing is doing well and, in fact, has been far more successful that DC's for an entire generation.
>
> Making moves like this, risky moves, is what breathes life into stories. If you like staid repetition and certainty, watch reruns of 70s drama and sitcoms. The characters always stay the same. You know they'll be there from episode to episode. It's dull and it's unrealistic and it makes for terrible storytelling.
>
> I love Captain America and I have decades worth of Cap comics to prove it. But what I like more are good stories. Ed Brubaker and a handful of other super hero comics writers tell good stories.
I appreciate good stories also, but at the end of the day, after a good story, you still want your character around.
>
> As for DC respecting its characters more? I think that's nonsense. Batman's back was broken by Bane and he was temporarily replaced. Superman died. There's a new Aquaman. Green Lantern was replaced and only recently reacquired his mantle. The Flash has been replaced twice (three times if you go back to Jay Garrick). I don't think I need to say any more to point out the error in your comment.
> You purposely missed my point. I was speaking about core characters that got the companies where they are now from the forties. Batman, Superman, Wonderwoman, Captain America, Namor, etc. Even tho DC injured Batman, they never cancelled his book or killed him completely and let others carry on as Batman in the hopes that fans would follow the fake and forget about the original. Same with Superman. DC killed the character, but as I said earlier, Superman had something like five titles at the time and there was no way DC was cancelling all titles and losing that money. So, no, they really didn't kill him off and no one with half a brain thought they did.

Also, when you kill off characters, you kill the collectability of the comics they were in. Marvel doesn't care about collectability, they care about now.
> I'm totally behind Marvel on this. They haven't always gone the way I want them to with their stories, but since Joe Quesada took over as EIC, they've always been risk takers and innovators within the constraints of the shared super hero universe concept. And for that I'm happy.

Good for you. You are into the now. But answer me this. There are people that collect comics for the heroes they loved. There are people that collect comics to make money. There are people that simply read comics for the now. What I see from Marvel is that Marvel doesn't want a fan base anymore of people that collect for the heroes on a long term basis. They care about stories for now and will not hesitate to kill off characters if that character isn't making money for them. You think for a minute based on what you have seen Marvel do that they wouldn't kill Wolverine if he stopped being large with the fans? That would kill of any collectability of an book he was in. How would fans feel then? Don't say it won't happen. Spiderman was a base Marvel character. Movies, books, etc. More sellable than Captain America because Spiderman can be appreciated worldwide, whereas since the majority of the world can't stand America right now, Captain America can't sell for Marvel. Since that is the case, Marvel kills him off.

What about Thor? Wasn't Thor popular? Wasn't Thor Marvel's strongest charcter? Why get rid of Thor? Answer, to try to build up a new character (Sentry). However, that isn't working, because the Sentry character really sucks. Marvel needs to bring back Thor, Asgard and the Asgardians.

Anyway, again I rant. I have no problem with new characters, strong stories, etc. But, killing off characters that helped Marvel be the best in the sixties, seventies, etc. was just plain wrong.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Uatu




I don't think it's a case of killing off a character who wasn't performing well. If I understand your argument correctly, you're saying this is a Hal Jordan kind of thing. Kill off the old man because no one cares about him and insert someone new. I don't think that's the case here at all. In GL's case, that was an editorial fiat: "Kill Hal. He's not selling comics."

In this case, they had this big event, "Civil War," and Captain America played a major role in it. Ed Brubaker, I believe, and perhaps other members of Marvel's creative staff, determined that it would be dramatic and a valuable story device to kill the character.

I've been where you are, but I guess I've learned to look beyond character and more to story. As for collectibility, I think you're mistaken that this event in any way devalues the collectibility of Captain America comics. The title itself is doing very well so sales was not at issue here. It's just a story device.

There are so many wrong reasons to kill a character: character isn't selling well, quick shock value to sell a book, writer doesn't care for the character. This wasn't any of those. This is a writer, a guy who really creates some innovative stuff within the constraints of super hero fiction, doing something purely for the sake of telling an interesting story.


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.10 on Windows 2000
Bucky from the 1950's




> Cap will be back. Even Bucky isn't Bucky-dead anymore. No one is Bucky-dead anymore.
>
> But it sounds like maybe you should quit reading comics if they can affect you this much. You're taking this a bit too seriously.


yeah he is taking it SERIOUS, when reading comics requires you to spend $50-100 a month I would consider it SERIOUS READING


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Bucky from the 1950's




> > I don't think Marvel has been making many mistakes, as you put it, lately.
> > I'm not talking about mistakes money wise, I was speaking about how core characters have routinely been treated by Marvel. Especially characters created by Lee and Kirby. They simply want their own characters, not those that Marvel may owe money to others for their part in creating.
> > The company is doing great. They have half a dozen Hollywood projects under way, not to mention video games, animation and licensing deals too numerous to name. Their publishing wing is doing well and, in fact, has been far more successful that DC's for an entire generation.
> >
> > Making moves like this, risky moves, is what breathes life into stories. If you like staid repetition and certainty, watch reruns of 70s drama and sitcoms. The characters always stay the same. You know they'll be there from episode to episode. It's dull and it's unrealistic and it makes for terrible storytelling.
> >
> > I love Captain America and I have decades worth of Cap comics to prove it. But what I like more are good stories. Ed Brubaker and a handful of other super hero comics writers tell good stories.
> I appreciate good stories also, but at the end of the day, after a good story, you still want your character around.
> >
> > As for DC respecting its characters more? I think that's nonsense. Batman's back was broken by Bane and he was temporarily replaced. Superman died. There's a new Aquaman. Green Lantern was replaced and only recently reacquired his mantle. The Flash has been replaced twice (three times if you go back to Jay Garrick). I don't think I need to say any more to point out the error in your comment.
> > You purposely missed my point. I was speaking about core characters that got the companies where they are now from the forties. Batman, Superman, Wonderwoman, Captain America, Namor, etc. Even tho DC injured Batman, they never cancelled his book or killed him completely and let others carry on as Batman in the hopes that fans would follow the fake and forget about the original. Same with Superman. DC killed the character, but as I said earlier, Superman had something like five titles at the time and there was no way DC was cancelling all titles and losing that money. So, no, they really didn't kill him off and no one with half a brain thought they did.
>
> Also, when you kill off characters, you kill the collectability of the comics they were in. Marvel doesn't care about collectability, they care about now.
> > I'm totally behind Marvel on this. They haven't always gone the way I want them to with their stories, but since Joe Quesada took over as EIC, they've always been risk takers and innovators within the constraints of the shared super hero universe concept. And for that I'm happy.
>
> Good for you. You are into the now. But answer me this. There are people that collect comics for the heroes they loved. There are people that collect comics to make money. There are people that simply read comics for the now. What I see from Marvel is that Marvel doesn't want a fan base anymore of people that collect for the heroes on a long term basis. They care about stories for now and will not hesitate to kill off characters if that character isn't making money for them. You think for a minute based on what you have seen Marvel do that they wouldn't kill Wolverine if he stopped being large with the fans? That would kill of any collectability of an book he was in. How would fans feel then? Don't say it won't happen. Spiderman was a base Marvel character. Movies, books, etc. More sellable than Captain America because Spiderman can be appreciated worldwide, whereas since the majority of the world can't stand America right now, Captain America can't sell for Marvel. Since that is the case, Marvel kills him off.
>
> What about Thor? Wasn't Thor popular? Wasn't Thor Marvel's strongest charcter? Why get rid of Thor? Answer, to try to build up a new character (Sentry). However, that isn't working, because the Sentry character really sucks. Marvel needs to bring back Thor, Asgard and the Asgardians.
>
> Anyway, again I rant. I have no problem with new characters, strong stories, etc. But, killing off characters that helped Marvel be the best in the sixties, seventies, etc. was just plain wrong.


DUDE YOU ARE SO RIGHT


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP

Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software