Captain America >> View Thread

Author
The One




It's relevance to this board? Well, the Spartans carried shields, didn't they? \:\)

I really could not not share my excitement about this movie to those on this board. Go watch it now!




Posted with Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.10 on Windows XP
bigtimennotime




> It's relevance to this board? Well, the Spartans carried shields, didn't they? \:\)
>
> I really could not not share my excitement about this movie to those on this board. Go watch it now!
>
>

Not only did they carry shields, but they also threw them like our favorite star-spangled avenger. When I saw it last night I thought, "Poor cap..." Still a great movie, but there is a kind-of connection to the board.

-bigtime out.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Joe Mac




> > It's garbage.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Quentin Beck




Somebody is dead! \:\-\)


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Fubard




> > > It's garbage.

It's a beautifully crafted film. It has moments where it seems like the characters are so real they walk off the screen. And it has one of my now all time favorite love-scenes. I swear, this is the first time I've seen a love scene in a movie and said, "THAT's what it's like." Not the typical cliche of neck-up shots and sheet gripping you usually get in a hollywood flick. It was surreal and wonderful.

And some of the coolest fight scenes ever put on film.
Just beautiful.

I realize we're getting off topic, but seriously, if you're going to say it's garbage, you have to give at least ONE reason why.


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.2 on MacOS X
pariscub





> I realize we're getting off topic, but seriously, if you're going to say it's garbage, you have to give at least ONE reason why.

Well, if you want to do a historic movie, you don't chose a Frank Miller story to make it, it's as simple as that.

Aesthetically, the movie is nice. But the Miller story is still as bad and historically inaccurate as when it was released in comic book form.


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.10 on Windows XP
JoeBrown




> > > > It's garbage.
>
> It's a beautifully crafted film. It has moments where it seems like the characters are so real they walk off the screen. And it has one of my now all time favorite love-scenes. I swear, this is the first time I've seen a love scene in a movie and said, "THAT's what it's like." Not the typical cliche of neck-up shots and sheet gripping you usually get in a hollywood flick. It was surreal and wonderful.
>
> And some of the coolest fight scenes ever put on film.
> Just beautiful.
>
> I realize we're getting off topic, but seriously, if you're going to say it's garbage, you have to give at least ONE reason why.


No plot. There's a reason. And the love scene? lol, if neanderthal like thrusting and grunting are what it's really like for you then I guess you're right.


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.2 on Windows Vista
Fubard




> > > > > It's garbage.
> >
> > It's a beautifully crafted film. It has moments where it seems like the characters are so real they walk off the screen. And it has one of my now all time favorite love-scenes. I swear, this is the first time I've seen a love scene in a movie and said, "THAT's what it's like." Not the typical cliche of neck-up shots and sheet gripping you usually get in a hollywood flick. It was surreal and wonderful.
> >
> > And some of the coolest fight scenes ever put on film.
> > Just beautiful.
> >
> > I realize we're getting off topic, but seriously, if you're going to say it's garbage, you have to give at least ONE reason why.
>
>
> No plot. There's a reason. And the love scene? lol, if neanderthal like thrusting and grunting are what it's really like for you then I guess you're right.

Wow, personal attacks are always a good way to make your point. I didn't see anything remotely Neanderthal on the screen, and I'd say that mostly what I saw was HER face looking very satisfied. So, yeah. That IS what it's like for me. Enjoy your smarminess, it suits you.

As for plot, I guess I'm not really concerned that much, since it's a movie ostensibly about a single battle. It was about the battle and about the characters IN that battle. Character was built, and war was done. That was enough for me. Life isn't always about moving the plot. Sometimes life stands still while a single event changes everything. That's what this movie was about.


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.2 on MacOS X

Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software