Comic Battle >> View Thread

Author
zvelf




There were some really close ones in round 1 and some slaughtering:

Batman Begins (2005) d. Superman Returns (2006) 11-1
X-Men: The Last Stand (2006) d. Fantastic Four (2005) 6-6 (Last Stand got to 6 first)
Superman (1978) d. Superman 2 (1980) 7-5
Batman (1989) d. Batman Returns (1992) 8-4

X2: X-Men United (2003) d. Blade (1998) 7-5
Spider-Man 2 (2004) d. Blade II (2002) 11-1
Spider-Man (2002) d. X-Men (2000), 11-1
Spider-Man 3 (2007) d. 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer (2007) 9-2

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (1984) tied Heavy Metal (1981) 1-1
Akira (1988) tied Ghost in the Shell (1995) 2-2
The Crow (1994) d. Lone Wolf and Cub: Sword of Vengeance series (1973) 4-1
Mystery Men (1999) d. Oldboy (2003) 5-2

Ghost World (2001) d. American Splendor (2003) 4-1
The Road to Perdition (2002) d. A History of Violence (2005) 4-3
V for Vendetta (2005) d. From Hell (2001) 8-2
Sin City (2005) d. 300 (2006) 5-4

Because too few people have seen the animated films in the bracket, I'm replacing them with Hellboy and Hulk in round 2:

Batman Begins (2005) vs. X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)

Superman (1978) vs. Batman (1989)

X2: X-Men United (2003) vs. Spider-Man 3 (2007)

Spider-Man (2002) vs. Spider-Man 2 (2004)

Hellboy (2004) vs. Hulk (2003)

The Crow (1994) vs. Mystery Men (1999)

Ghost World (2001) vs. The Road to Perdition (2002)

V for Vendetta (2005) vs. Sin City (2005)



Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows 2000
Incriptus




> Batman Begins (2005) vs. X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)

Batman

> Superman (1978) vs. Batman (1989)

Batman

> Spider-Man (2002) vs. Spider-Man 2 (2004)

Spiderman 2

> Hellboy (2004) vs. Hulk (2003)

Hellboy


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Amor Fati




> > Batman Begins (2005) vs. X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)
>
> Batman
>
> > Superman (1978) vs. Batman (1989)
>
> Batman
>
> > Spider-Man (2002) vs. Spider-Man 2 (2004)
>
> Spiderman 2
>
> > Hellboy (2004) vs. Hulk (2003)
>
> Hellboy


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Amor Fati




> There were some really close ones in round 1 and some slaughtering:
>
> Batman Begins (2005) d. Superman Returns (2006) 10-1
> X-Men: The Last Stand (2006) d. Fantastic Four (2005) 6-5
> Superman (1978) d. Superman 2 (1980) 6-5
> Batman (1989) d. Batman Returns (1992) 8-3
>
> X2: X-Men United (2003) d. Blade (1998) 6-5
> Spider-Man 2 (2004) d. Blade II (2002) 10-1
> Spider-Man (2002) d. X-Men (2000), 10-1
> Spider-Man 3 (2007) d. 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer (2007) 9-1
>
> Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (1984)     tied Heavy Metal (1981) 1-1
> Akira (1988) tied Ghost in the Shell (1995) 2-2
> The Crow (1994) d. Lone Wolf and Cub: Sword of Vengeance series (1973) 4-1
> Mystery Men (1999) d. Oldboy (2003) 5-2
>
> Ghost World (2001) d. American Splendor (2003) 4-0
> The Road to Perdition (2002) d. A History of Violence (2005) 4-2
> V for Vendetta (2005) d. From Hell (2001) 7-2
> Sin City (2005) d. 300 (2006) 5-3
>
> Because too few people have seen the animated films in the bracket, I'm replacing them with Hellboy and Hulk in round 2:
>
> Batman Begins (2005) vs. X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)
BB.
>
> Superman (1978) vs. Batman (1989)
BM.
>
> X2: X-Men United (2003) vs. Spider-Man 3 (2007)
SM3.
>
> Spider-Man (2002) vs. Spider-Man 2 (2004)
SM2.
>
> Hellboy (2004) vs. Hulk (2003)
Hulk.
>
> The Crow (1994) vs. Mystery Men (1999)
Crow.
>
> Ghost World (2001) vs. The Road to Perdition (2002)
ugh.
>
> V for Vendetta (2005) vs. Sin City (2005)
SC barely.
>


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Braugi




I still think Men in Black is a big oversight...


> There were some really close ones in round 1 and some slaughtering:
>
> Batman Begins (2005) d. Superman Returns (2006) 10-1
> X-Men: The Last Stand (2006) d. Fantastic Four (2005) 6-5
> Superman (1978) d. Superman 2 (1980) 6-5
> Batman (1989) d. Batman Returns (1992) 8-3
>
> X2: X-Men United (2003) d. Blade (1998) 6-5
> Spider-Man 2 (2004) d. Blade II (2002) 10-1
> Spider-Man (2002) d. X-Men (2000), 10-1
> Spider-Man 3 (2007) d. 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer (2007) 9-1
>
> Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (1984)     tied Heavy Metal (1981) 1-1
> Akira (1988) tied Ghost in the Shell (1995) 2-2
> The Crow (1994) d. Lone Wolf and Cub: Sword of Vengeance series (1973) 4-1
> Mystery Men (1999) d. Oldboy (2003) 5-2
>
> Ghost World (2001) d. American Splendor (2003) 4-0
> The Road to Perdition (2002) d. A History of Violence (2005) 4-2
> V for Vendetta (2005) d. From Hell (2001) 7-2
> Sin City (2005) d. 300 (2006) 5-3
>
> Because too few people have seen the animated films in the bracket, I'm replacing them with Hellboy and Hulk in round 2:
>
> Batman Begins (2005) vs. X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)
wow, I'm amazed anyone actually voted for the Last Stand...it was quite possibly my least favorite movie of all time. I pick Batman Begins

>
> Superman (1978) vs. Batman (1989)
another tough call IMO. I pick Superman, but could go the other way on any given day

>
> X2: X-Men United (2003) vs. Spider-Man 3 (2007)
tough call, both were decent movies, but not spectacular. I'll go with Spider Man, again for actually pulling off the multiple villains thing fairly effectively

>
> Spider-Man (2002) vs. Spider-Man 2 (2004)
Spider Man because I liked Willem Defoe better, but its a tough call

>
> Hellboy (2004) vs. Hulk (2003)
Hulk had SO much wasted potential, but Jennifer Connely was incredibly hot, and Sam Elliott is one of my favorite actors...and the acting was good...it was really the villain that sucked, so I'll pick Hulk, but think it will be knocked off by any movie left

>
> The Crow (1994) vs. Mystery Men (1999)
Mystery Men

>
> Ghost World (2001) vs. The Road to Perdition (2002)

>
> V for Vendetta (2005) vs. Sin City (2005)
Sin City
>


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Incriptus




> > > Batman Begins (2005) vs. X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)
> >
> > Batman
> >
> > > Superman (1978) vs. Batman (1989)
> >
> > Batman
> >
> > > Spider-Man (2002) vs. Spider-Man 2 (2004)
> >
> > Spiderman 2
> >
> > > Hellboy (2004) vs. Hulk (2003)
> >
> > Hellboy


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
atrimus




> There were some really close ones in round 1 and some slaughtering:
>
> Batman Begins (2005) d. Superman Returns (2006) 10-1
> X-Men: The Last Stand (2006) d. Fantastic Four (2005) 6-5
> Superman (1978) d. Superman 2 (1980) 6-5
> Batman (1989) d. Batman Returns (1992) 8-3
>
> X2: X-Men United (2003) d. Blade (1998) 6-5
> Spider-Man 2 (2004) d. Blade II (2002) 10-1
> Spider-Man (2002) d. X-Men (2000), 10-1
> Spider-Man 3 (2007) d. 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer (2007) 9-1
>
> Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (1984)     tied Heavy Metal (1981) 1-1
> Akira (1988) tied Ghost in the Shell (1995) 2-2
> The Crow (1994) d. Lone Wolf and Cub: Sword of Vengeance series (1973) 4-1
> Mystery Men (1999) d. Oldboy (2003) 5-2
>
> Ghost World (2001) d. American Splendor (2003) 4-0
> The Road to Perdition (2002) d. A History of Violence (2005) 4-2
> V for Vendetta (2005) d. From Hell (2001) 7-2
> Sin City (2005) d. 300 (2006) 5-3
>
> Because too few people have seen the animated films in the bracket, I'm replacing them with Hellboy and Hulk in round 2:
>
> Batman Begins (2005) vs. X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)

Batman Begins
>
> Superman (1978) vs. Batman (1989)

tough. i'll go with Superman
>
> X2: X-Men United (2003) vs. Spider-Man 3 (2007)

Spiderman 3 by a hair (which is kinda sad really)
>
> Spider-Man (2002) vs. Spider-Man 2 (2004)

wow. this is as tough as they come. i liked GG as a villain more than Doc Oc, but i liked the action sequences and over-all story of 2 more. Spiderman 2 by an infinitesimally small hair.
>
> Hellboy (2004) vs. Hulk (2003)

Hulk
>
> The Crow (1994) vs. Mystery Men (1999)

Crow
>
> Ghost World (2001) vs. The Road to Perdition (2002)

Road to Perdition
>
> V for Vendetta (2005) vs. Sin City (2005)

V for Vendetta
>

The Inventive Inquisitor


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows 2000
zvelf




> I still think Men in Black is a big oversight...

You're right. It is a big oversight! Well, maybe next time!


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows 2000
zvelf




> Batman Begins (2005) vs. X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)

BB easily.

> Superman (1978) vs. Batman (1989)

Superman easily.

> X2: X-Men United (2003) vs. Spider-Man 3 (2007)

X2.

> Spider-Man (2002) vs. Spider-Man 2 (2004)

SM2, although it's close.

> Hellboy (2004) vs. Hulk (2003)

Hellboy easily. It's actually a good movie.

> The Crow (1994) vs. Mystery Men (1999)

Mystery Men. It's hard to do goth well without it looking silly. The Crow doesn't succeed on that count.

> Ghost World (2001) vs. The Road to Perdition (2002)

Ghost World easily.

> V for Vendetta (2005) vs. Sin City (2005)

V for Vendetta.



Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows 2000
Grendel NightShade




> There were some really close ones in round 1 and some slaughtering:
>
> Batman Begins (2005) d. Superman Returns (2006) 10-1
> X-Men: The Last Stand (2006) d. Fantastic Four (2005) 6-5
> Superman (1978) d. Superman 2 (1980) 6-5
> Batman (1989) d. Batman Returns (1992) 8-3
>
> X2: X-Men United (2003) d. Blade (1998) 6-5
> Spider-Man 2 (2004) d. Blade II (2002) 10-1
> Spider-Man (2002) d. X-Men (2000), 10-1
> Spider-Man 3 (2007) d. 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer (2007) 9-1
>
> Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (1984)     tied Heavy Metal (1981) 1-1
> Akira (1988) tied Ghost in the Shell (1995) 2-2
> The Crow (1994) d. Lone Wolf and Cub: Sword of Vengeance series (1973) 4-1
> Mystery Men (1999) d. Oldboy (2003) 5-2
>
> Ghost World (2001) d. American Splendor (2003) 4-0
> The Road to Perdition (2002) d. A History of Violence (2005) 4-2
> V for Vendetta (2005) d. From Hell (2001) 7-2
> Sin City (2005) d. 300 (2006) 5-3
>
> Because too few people have seen the animated films in the bracket, I'm replacing them with Hellboy and Hulk in round 2:
>
> Batman Begins (2005) vs. X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)

Batman Begins.

>
> Superman (1978) vs. Batman (1989)

Superman - This is the movie that got me and most guys from the 70's and 80's into comics.

> X2: X-Men United (2003) vs. Spider-Man 3 (2007)

Do I really have to choose? X3, in spite of myself.


> Spider-Man (2002) vs. Spider-Man 2 (2004)

Spiderman 2



> The Crow (1994) vs. Mystery Men (1999)

OMG...The Crow! No comparison at all.



> V for Vendetta (2005) vs. Sin City (2005)

V




Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.5 on Windows XP
ARCHNEMESIS





> Batman Begins (2005) vs. X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)

Batman Begins

> Superman (1978) vs. Batman (1989)

Superman, though Batman was truly great and if seeded differently would have been elimninated on my list MUCH later than it is now. It's just that Superman is the greatest comicbook movie of all time for me.

> X2: X-Men United (2003) vs. Spider-Man 3 (2007)

X2

> Spider-Man (2002) vs. Spider-Man 2 (2004)

Spider-Man II limited the cheese.

> Hellboy (2004) vs. Hulk (2003)

Hulk

> The Crow (1994) vs. Mystery Men (1999)

The Crow is another movie I seem to be in the minority in when I say I loved it. So dark! It's the same reason I preferred Batman Returns to Batman.

> Ghost World (2001) vs. The Road to Perdition (2002)

Ghost World

> V for Vendetta (2005) vs. Sin City (2005)

V for Vendetta. As I said, it'll make it far on my list. Probably my favorite movie of 2005 by a pretty long shot.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
The Pumpkinhead





>
> Because too few people have seen the animated films in the bracket, I'm replacing them with Hellboy and Hulk in round 2:
>
> Batman Begins (2005) vs. X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)
X-Men: The Last Stand
> Superman (1978) vs. Batman (1989)
Batman
> X2: X-Men United (2003) vs. Spider-Man 3 (2007)
Spider-Man 3
> Spider-Man (2002) vs. Spider-Man 2 (2004)
Spider-Man 2
> Hellboy (2004) vs. Hulk (2003)
Hellboy
> The Crow (1994) vs. Mystery Men (1999)
The Crow
> Ghost World (2001) vs. The Road to Perdition (2002)
Road to Perdition
> V for Vendetta (2005) vs. Sin City (2005)
V for Vedetta


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Ull




Batman Begins (2005) vs. X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)
Batman
> Superman (1978) vs. Batman (1989)
Batman
> X2: X-Men United (2003) vs. Spider-Man 3 (2007)
X2
> Spider-Man (2002) vs. Spider-Man 2 (2004)
Spider-Man
> Hellboy (2004) vs. Hulk (2003)
Hellboy
> The Crow (1994) vs. Mystery Men (1999)
Mystery Men
> Ghost World (2001) vs. The Road to Perdition (2002)
The Road to Perdition
> V for Vendetta (2005) vs. Sin City (2005)
V


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Xero





>
> Batman Begins (2005) vs. X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)
BB
>
> Superman (1978) vs. Batman (1989)
Close. Batman.
>
> X2: X-Men United (2003) vs. Spider-Man 3 (2007)
X2
>
> Spider-Man (2002) vs. Spider-Man 2 (2004)
2
>
> Hellboy (2004) vs. Hulk (2003)
Hellboy
>
> The Crow (1994) vs. Mystery Men (1999)
The Crow

>
> V for Vendetta (2005) vs. Sin City (2005)
Real tough. Sin City.
>


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Happy Hogan




> There were some really close ones in round 1 and some slaughtering:
>
> Batman Begins (2005) d. Superman Returns (2006) 11-1
> X-Men: The Last Stand (2006) d. Fantastic Four (2005) 6-6 (Last Stand got to 6 first)
> Superman (1978) d. Superman 2 (1980) 7-5
> Batman (1989) d. Batman Returns (1992) 8-4
>
> X2: X-Men United (2003) d. Blade (1998) 7-5
> Spider-Man 2 (2004) d. Blade II (2002) 11-1
> Spider-Man (2002) d. X-Men (2000), 11-1
> Spider-Man 3 (2007) d. 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer (2007) 9-2
>
> Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (1984) tied Heavy Metal (1981) 1-1
> Akira (1988) tied Ghost in the Shell (1995) 2-2
> The Crow (1994) d. Lone Wolf and Cub: Sword of Vengeance series (1973) 4-1
> Mystery Men (1999) d. Oldboy (2003) 5-2
>
> Ghost World (2001) d. American Splendor (2003) 4-1
> The Road to Perdition (2002) d. A History of Violence (2005) 4-3
> V for Vendetta (2005) d. From Hell (2001) 8-2
> Sin City (2005) d. 300 (2006) 5-4
>
> Because too few people have seen the animated films in the bracket, I'm replacing them with Hellboy and Hulk in round 2:
>
> Batman Begins (2005) vs. X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)
Batman
>
> Superman (1978) vs. Batman (1989)
Batman, due to Jack Nicholson
>
> X2: X-Men United (2003) vs. Spider-Man 3 (2007)
Spider-Man

>
> Spider-Man (2002) vs. Spider-Man 2 (2004)
It's close, but Spider-Man 2.
>
> Hellboy (2004) vs. Hulk (2003)
tie

>
> The Crow (1994) vs. Mystery Men (1999)
pass
>
> Ghost World (2001) vs. The Road to Perdition (2002)
Road to Perdition

>
> V for Vendetta (2005) vs. Sin City (2005)
Sin City




Happy Hogan


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
fan4




> There were some really close ones in round 1 and some slaughtering:
>
> Batman Begins (2005) d. Superman Returns (2006) 11-1
> X-Men: The Last Stand (2006) d. Fantastic Four (2005) 6-6 (Last Stand got to 6 first)
> Superman (1978) d. Superman 2 (1980) 7-5
> Batman (1989) d. Batman Returns (1992) 8-4
>
> X2: X-Men United (2003) d. Blade (1998) 7-5
> Spider-Man 2 (2004) d. Blade II (2002) 11-1
> Spider-Man (2002) d. X-Men (2000), 11-1
> Spider-Man 3 (2007) d. 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer (2007) 9-2
>
> Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (1984) tied Heavy Metal (1981) 1-1
> Akira (1988) tied Ghost in the Shell (1995) 2-2
> The Crow (1994) d. Lone Wolf and Cub: Sword of Vengeance series (1973) 4-1
> Mystery Men (1999) d. Oldboy (2003) 5-2
>
> Ghost World (2001) d. American Splendor (2003) 4-1
> The Road to Perdition (2002) d. A History of Violence (2005) 4-3
> V for Vendetta (2005) d. From Hell (2001) 8-2
> Sin City (2005) d. 300 (2006) 5-4
>
> Because too few people have seen the animated films in the bracket, I'm replacing them with Hellboy and Hulk in round 2:
>
> Batman Begins (2005) vs. X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)

X3
>
> Superman (1978) vs. Batman (1989)

Superman
>
> X2: X-Men United (2003) vs. Spider-Man 3 (2007)

X2
>
> Spider-Man (2002) vs. Spider-Man 2 (2004)

Spider-Man 2
>
> Hellboy (2004) vs. Hulk (2003)

Hulk

(I'll have to pass on the remanining choices, since I haven't seen any of those films.)
>
> The Crow (1994) vs. Mystery Men (1999)
>
> Ghost World (2001) vs. The Road to Perdition (2002)
>
> V for Vendetta (2005) vs. Sin City (2005)
>


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
RANDOM




> Batman Begins (2005) vs. X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)
>
Batman Begins

> Superman (1978) vs. Batman (1989)
>
Batman

> X2: X-Men United (2003) vs. Spider-Man 3 (2007)
>
X-Men

> Spider-Man (2002) vs. Spider-Man 2 (2004)
>
Spiderman

> Hellboy (2004) vs. Hulk (2003)
>
Hellboy

> The Crow (1994) vs. Mystery Men (1999)
>
The Crow

> Ghost World (2001) vs. The Road to Perdition (2002)
>
dunno

> V for Vendetta (2005) vs. Sin City (2005)
>
Sin City



Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP

Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software