|The Flash >> View Post|
Subj: Barry's mental state and power levels
Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 at 12:27:44 am EST (Viewed 6 times)
okay so from Season 1 and 2, Barry has now time warped a total of 3 times.
The second one was planned and utilized the particle accelerator where Barry hit Mach2 speed and hit the particle to create the wormhole for RF to go home.
The first and third one however were both at times when a great catastrophe was occurring.
Weather Wizard creating a Tsunami to destroy the city
Vandal Savage nuking the Team Arrow+Team Flash+the entire city.
In both cases Barry was running for his life as well as trying to save everyone and he hits time warp speeds and goes back 24 hours both times and manages to alter things.
The first time when he went and stopped Weather Wizard (and inadvertently saved Cisco), RF warned him that whatever disaster he averted, fate/time will conspire to make something just as bad or worse. Later in that episode, Cisco was abducted and forced to out Barry to Captain Cold. Thus Barry and Cold have their agreement.
This latest time, Barry tells Oliver that William is his kid, no DNA test was run in this revised timeline and thus Felicity does not know and doesn't go ballistic on Oliver. Also Oliver revises the plan, rechecks the special gauntlets, they get the Nth metal, alter how to awaken hawkgirl and turn Vandal Savage to ashes. Thus no one dies and the city isn't nuked. Oliver speaks to his ex and becomes the new family friend to the kid and cannot publicly claim him or tell the others. No cosmic/karmic consequences.......YET.
Anyway, the point is this: RF stated to Barry that he was the one holding himself back.
And RF is correct.
However I suspect that most of Barry's problems are due to all the trauma he has endured.
1. Bullied by other kids before and after his Mom's murder.
2. Father framed and sent to jail.
3. He witnessed his mother's murder, much like how Bruce Wayne saw his parents murdered.
4. He repressed his love for IRIS for a long time.
5. He was STRUCK BY LIGHTNING.
6. He gains super powers. (that IS a shock for most people wouldn't you say?)
7. He slowly but surely learns that it was all due to the sociopathic Reverse Flash who was also serving as his mentor and friend.
8. RF plays with Barry's head and at the same time coaches and trains him in his powers.
9. RF induces a near hypnotic state in Barry's mind so that Barry can phase for the first time,
10. Barry struggles to clear his father's name is continually frustrated by RF
11. Barry finally gets the chance to go back and save his mom, but his older self there signals him to not.
12. Barry comforts his mother and watches her die and the comes back to the present fighting mad to face RF but still can't take him on.
Yet Barry's desire to save everyone, combined I'm sure with a strong sense of FEAR and self preservation allowed him to accidentally hit time warp speeds twice and change a day each time.
Barry needs few barrels of prozac and zoloft combined and a few months of therapy.
Posted with Mozilla Firefox 42.0 on Windows 7
|Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software|