|The Flash >> View Post|
Subj: Barry's weaknesses
Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 at 06:57:32 am EST (Viewed 9 times)
In the 90's Flash series, Barry had
1. a few matabolic shutdown/blackouts in the pilot movie. These were not seen again in the regular series.
2. From the pilot movie all the way to the end of the 90's series, Barry's stomach was a bottomless pit due to his metabolism.
3. Due to needing caloric consumption in the 90's series there was a limit to how far and fast he could go.
4. Fatigue and overload/burnout. There was an episode in the 90's series where he was over exerting himself and Tina was warning him he needed to take a rest. he ended up cloned and the clone perished by overloading and burning up leaving an empty costume behind ala Crisis on Infinite Earths.
IN the new series:
1. Barry has the accelerated metabolism.
2. He did have the blackouts at first but that was quickly resolved by 50 bags of glucose solution to get him back on his feet followed by dietary adjustments and special calorie bars that Cisco formulated. This prevents the blackouts and keeps his hunger relatively in control.
3. He has the speed force to power him thus there are few limits to how far and fast he can go. his biggest limit is his rather traumatized mind as I spoke of in the thread below.
4. Fatigue/extreme injury: Barry does need to rest, and as we have seen he just had his back snapped by ZOOM and it took a few weeks for his powers to heal him up, but for awhile he wasn't at full speed until he timewarped again.
Posted with Mozilla Firefox 42.0 on Windows 7
|Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software|