|The Flash >> View Post|
Subj: The Flash "Vs. Zoom" Review *SPOILERS*
Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 at 01:22:31 pm EDT (Viewed 416 times)
Finally, we get the answers are looking for about Zoom. While not every mystery is revealed in this episode, there are plenty of answers given. But before we get to that, we have Barry testing the tachyon enhancer to his chest which enhances his speed. The test is a huge success because Barry annihilates his old speed record. Nothing is mentioned about Barryâ€™s adventures on Supergirlâ€™s Earth but that was to be expected.
The more I think about it, the more I donâ€™t like Zoom. Why? Because he is essentially the Reverse Flash 2.0. Letâ€™s see:
1. Dr. Wells acted as a mentor and so did â€œJayâ€.
2. Dr. Wells was pretending to be someone he is not and so did â€œJayâ€.
3. Dr. Wells lied about who he was and so did â€œJayâ€.
4. Dr. Wells trained Barry to get faster and so did â€œJayâ€.
So, Zoom is nothing more than a Reverse Flash rip off and itâ€™s pretty much repeating the same villain from last season. I donâ€™t know about you dear reader, but that is all kinds of LAZY writing right there not to mention lacking the ability to come up with something more original. I really hope season 3 will be better than this season. True, some awesome stuff happened but this season has been a repeat of season 1, the only difference is season 2 was put through the blender to make it look more original. But the same basic theme and overall story along with Reverse Flash 2.0 was there.
I kept expecting Team Flash to pull off a double cross. A way to keep Barry's speed and defeat Zoom, at least temporarily. That is how this episode SHOULD have ended. I thought for sure Barry would have Cisco open a breach and Barry speed punches Zoom into Earth-2. But Fake Wally HAD to be kidnapped without Barry even TRYING to have Cisco open a breach and get a rescue going! IDIOT! And then Caitlin gets kidnapped. Now Team Flash have two people to rescue.
All in all, just an average episode that left me feeling pretty disappointed. Zoom is Reverse Flash 2.0 and this whole season just seems like a re-do of season 1 with plenty of sprinkles of original ideas.
5 out of 10 stars.
NOTE: Sorry for the short review. I have not been feeling well this week so I didnâ€™t feel up to writing more on this episode.
1. I really donâ€™t like Hunter Zolomonâ€™s origin in this episode since itâ€™s a far cry from his comic book roots. But since this is Earth-2 Hunter Zolomon, anything can happen in alternate Earths. So for once, Iâ€™ll let this alteration of the characterâ€™s history slide.
2. Barry puts the tachyon enhancer on his chest, the same one he wore in the Supergirl episode. Finally, we have the connection I have been wanting to see.
3. So, Cisco can open breaches to other Earthâ€™s? Wow. If I could do that, Iâ€™d certainly do it with gusto since it would be so awesome to do!
4. Iâ€™m on Harryâ€™s side. Since we know Zoom is dying, then Barry has no need to go to Earth-2. Eventually, Zoom would die and itâ€™s game over, itâ€™s as simple as that. But nooooo, Barry needs to do things the hard way.
5. I think itâ€™s becoming very clear that Zoom cannot go to Earth-Prime without a portal.
6. Careful Barry, your getting a little cocky being faster than Zoom.
7. So, I was wrong about the clone thing. The double Jay we saw â€œdieâ€ was a time remnant, a past version of Hunter Zolomon.
8. I think there is more to Zoom than we think. I mean, how does he change his voice and make his eyes go pitch black? And what is with this, â€œYou canâ€™t stop the darkness?â€ Hmm.
9. Now more than ever the man in the Iron Mask had BETTER BE JAY GARRICK! Jay is a hero not a villain.
1. Wait a minute! WAIT A MINUTE! If Barry put on that device on his chest and just ran fast then WHY on Earth did he need Supergirl to give him a boost?! Barry could have done it himself!
2. Wait a minute! If Zoom murdered his past self, HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THAT ZOOM EVEN EXISTS?! Grrrr. These writers really, REALLY, need to write down some time travel rules and stick with them instead of doing whatever they freakin' want.
3. Barry's an idiot for not pulling off a double cross and so is Zoom for leaving Barry alive.
It's interesting that a hero/villain performs one amazing feat, or use a power they haven't used for 20+ years, and that automatically propels them to a high status despite scans and evidence to the contrary. I don't know what is worse, selective feat picking that has only been done once or twice 20, or more, years ago or ignoring evidence from scans or the lack thereof. We need to stop putting our favorite heroes/villains on pedestals and start putting them where they really belong. But it's evident that people never will because they would rather accuse others of cherry picking feats, when they don't, and being 'morally superior' when they aren't. I guess being honest and as fair as possible only opens one up to being the target of childish accusations and fault finding by those who insist on acting petty and childish. What happened to a good debate between two civil, mature, adults?
Posted with Mozilla 11.0 on Windows 7
|Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software|