The Flash >> View Thread

Author
Sethno


Location: in front of computer or tablet
Member Since: Fri Mar 09, 2012
Posts: 3,386



Barry saves Mom.

Slightly younger Barry, in costume and hiding in the doorway, DISAPPEARS.

This suggests Barry never became The Flash, or at least never went back in time to save his mother.

Why does slightly older Barry, also in costume, NOT disappear? Hasn't his reason for going back in time also turned to vapor? If the slightly younger has vanished, why not the slightly older?

And, for the free cotton candy, the final question-

Thawne was laying on the floor after Barry put his lights out.

DID THAWNE ALSO DISAPPEAR? Hmmmmmmmm?????



Posted with Mozilla Firefox 46.0 on Windows 10
JesusFan


Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008


Think this Barry create da Flashpoint here, and that the big result will be that there will be but one earth now, and that on his world will be the Jsa, and kara and her scooby gang!


Posted with Google Chrome 50.0.2661.102 on Linux
Knight


Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008




    Quote:

    Barry saves Mom.


After accepting her death just TWO episodes before this. It's like that episode never happened...


    Quote:
    Slightly younger Barry, in costume and hiding in the doorway, DISAPPEARS.


At least he disappears happy. At least one of us was...


    Quote:
    This suggests Barry never became The Flash, or at least never went back in time to save his mother.


Yep.


    Quote:
    Why does slightly older Barry, also in costume, NOT disappear? Hasn't his reason for going back in time also turned to vapor? If the slightly younger has vanished, why not the slightly older?


Time Paradox. I could also ask why didn't the timeline reset completely after Eddie killed himself? I don't care if Barry saved the city, perhaps the world, from a singularity, the timeline should have become very different. I could also ask why didn't Barry get erased from time when his past self (the Time Remnant) sacrificed himself to save the Multiverse? Time Paradox. Worse yet, the writers know these are time paradoxes and yet they don't care because they LOVE to break them and ignore them.

The writers COULD stick to their own time travel rules, but they don't. Why? Because they are far more interested in telling a good story rather than thinking, "Should this be possible?" So, instead of coming up with a clever work-around, they the ignore the problem and just write the episode. The ironic thing is, they aren't creating good stories because they keep ignoring every time paradox they create. The stories only make the episodes themselves "Jump the shark" and are so horribly written that the "good" story is buried under a mountain of problems that even a 5 year old could spot. And thus, that "good" story only ends up being a badly written one that isn't to be taken seriously.

This is why I view season 2 of the Flash as overall it's weakest season thus far. And if season 3 does not bring about a much needed course correction then the future of this TV show will be in serious trouble.


    Quote:
    And, for the free cotton candy, the final question-



    Quote:
    DID THAWNE ALSO DISAPPEAR? Hmmmmmmmm?????


Most likely not since he's from a different time period. But if Flash just leaves him there, he could still become trapped in the past, still kill Dr. Wells and take over, etc, etc. So Barry will have to do something about that. But will he? Probably not. The writers continue to ignore obvious solutions.





It's interesting that a hero/villain performs one amazing feat, or use a power they haven't used for 20+ years, and that automatically propels them to a high status despite scans and evidence to the contrary. I don't know what is worse, selective feat picking that has only been done once or twice 20, or more, years ago or ignoring evidence from scans or the lack thereof. We need to stop putting our favorite heroes/villains on pedestals and start putting them where they really belong. But it's evident that people never will because they would rather accuse others of cherry picking feats, when they don't, and being 'morally superior' when they aren't. I guess being honest and as fair as possible only opens one up to being the target of childish accusations and fault finding by those who insist on acting petty and childish. What happened to a good debate between two civil, mature, adults?
Posted with Mozilla 11.0 on Windows 7
Iron Man Unit 007





Posted with Mozilla Firefox 46.0 on Windows 7
Dakota


Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008



    Quote:
    Time Paradox. I could also ask why didn't the timeline reset completely after Eddie killed himself? I don't care if Barry saved the city, perhaps the world, from a singularity, the timeline should have become very different. I could also ask why didn't Barry get erased from time when his past self (the Time Remnant) sacrificed himself to save the Multiverse? Time Paradox. Worse yet, the writers know these are time paradoxes and yet they don't care because they LOVE to break them and ignore them.


The only way the time remnant things makes any sense to me is if it is the future version that dies. Since they split up, the past version continues living on in a new life and the future one is gone. The whole thing the way they described it isn't logical. Is this something brand new? Was this time remnant thing ever in the comics?


Posted with Google Chrome 50.0.2661.102 on Windows 7
Knight


Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008




    Quote:
    The only way the time remnant things makes any sense to me is if it is the future version that dies. Since they split up, the past version continues living on in a new life and the future one is gone. The whole thing the way they described it isn't logical.


Unfortunately, the episode clearly points out the Time Remnant was a "past" version of Barry. Meh...


    Quote:
    Is this something brand new? Was this time remnant thing ever in the comics?


It's brand new as far as I'm concerned.





It's interesting that a hero/villain performs one amazing feat, or use a power they haven't used for 20+ years, and that automatically propels them to a high status despite scans and evidence to the contrary. I don't know what is worse, selective feat picking that has only been done once or twice 20, or more, years ago or ignoring evidence from scans or the lack thereof. We need to stop putting our favorite heroes/villains on pedestals and start putting them where they really belong. But it's evident that people never will because they would rather accuse others of cherry picking feats, when they don't, and being 'morally superior' when they aren't. I guess being honest and as fair as possible only opens one up to being the target of childish accusations and fault finding by those who insist on acting petty and childish. What happened to a good debate between two civil, mature, adults?
Posted with Mozilla 11.0 on Windows 7
Sethno


Location: in front of computer or tablet
Member Since: Fri Mar 09, 2012
Posts: 3,386



Posted with Mozilla Firefox 46.0 on Windows 10

Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software