Marvel Universe >> View Thread
1 2  >> All
Author
Tiger Shark




...but first, let me reiterate that I enjoyed the issue thouroughly and felt it was the first time I felt I was reading an Avengers title since perhaps Johns' 'Red Zone' arc.

However, I'm not much of a fan of Bendis' dialogue--there's too much of it that's simply superfluous banter, and it rarely moves the story along. I feel he uses it to disguise the fact that too often there's nothing really going on, his characterizations are generally poor, and to disguise the fact that he doesn't know how to really dramatize his New Avengers arcs, though there have been moments in which this is not the case.

But the larger problem I'm referring to in my subject line is Ms. Marvel's calling Hank Pym Jan's 'Crazy Husband' to Tony, or whatever the exact words are.

Yes, we all know that Hank has had personal / moral / ethical / mental / sustance abuse problems over the years. So have Carol and Tony had some variation of these (and Tony's having a lot of them right now).

So have Pietro, Wanda, Hawkeye, T'Challa, She Hulk, Dr. Druid, Namor, Thor, the Vision, Moondragon, Sersi, Mantis, the Hulk, Swordsman, Crystal, and other Avengers.

And Carol and Tony know that.

So, when you've fought alongside Hank Pym against Kang, Ultron, the Masters of Evil, Egghead, the Molecule Man, Korvac, the Collector, the Scarlet Witch, Magneto, Graviton, the Grim Reaper, Immortus, the Grand Master, the Red Skull, Dr. Doom, the Gatherers, HYDRA, the Zodiac, the Skrulls, Master Pandemonium, Maelstrom, Halflife, the High Evolutionary, the Savage Land Mutates, the Squardon Sinister, the Enchantress, Diablo, Bloodhawk, the Lava Men, the Yellow Claw, Terminus, the Master of the World, the Taskmaster, Loki, the Absorbing Man, the Time Keepers, the X-Men, Zeus, the Wizard, the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Ymir and Surtur, the Kree, Morgan Le Fey, Baron Zemo...

...and others in very bitter battles to the death, and Hank has been there for you, watching your back on principle, and fighting the same foe to the end....

...do you make snide, cast-off commnents like Carol made, ff you have any character at all?

Especially in light of her own history and problems, which she's recently been reviewing and reflecting upon vis-a-vis her status as a public hero?

I don't think you do.

Unless you're in the Bendis/Ellis/Millar world, where most AVERAGE people are callous, treacherous, secretive, manipulative, rude, sociopathic, selfish, desperate, and mean-spirited at worst, and rather simple-minded, easily swayed, and superficial at best (Bendis' Spider Man and Sentry, to name two).

So that remark by Carol was another point in the story in which I was rudely reminded that I was reading a story---and one written by Bendis.

The Black Widow's &*$!! remark was another. She's not a 'gabby' person. She weighs her words carefully, and takes no guff from anyone. She's sophisticated, a tough cookie, who 'takes no prisoners' passed a certain point. Chattery 'banter' while fighting for her life and the life of her team is something that would be completely alien to her.

Peace.




Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Tiger Shark




> ...but first, let me reiterate that I enjoyed the issue thouroughly and felt it was the first time I felt I was reading an Avengers title since perhaps Johns' 'Red Zone' arc.
>
> However, I'm not much of a fan of Bendis' dialogue--there's too much of it that's simply superfluous banter, and it rarely moves the story along. I feel he uses it to disguise the fact that too often there's nothing really going on, his characterizations are generally poor, and to disguise the fact that he doesn't know how to really dramatize his New Avengers arcs, though there have been moments in which this is not the case.
>
> But the larger problem I'm referring to in my subject line is Ms. Marvel's calling Hank Pym Jan's 'Crazy Husband' to Tony, or whatever the exact words are.
>
> Yes, we all know that Hank has had personal / moral / ethical / mental / sustance abuse problems over the years. So have Carol and Tony had some variation of these (and Tony's having a lot of them right now).
>
> So have Pietro, Wanda, Hawkeye, T'Challa, She Hulk, Dr. Druid, Namor, Thor, the Vision, Moondragon, Sersi, Mantis, the Hulk, Swordsman, Crystal, and other Avengers.
>
> And Carol and Tony know that.
>
> So, when you've fought alongside Hank Pym against Kang, Ultron, the Masters of Evil, Egghead, the Molecule Man, Korvac, the Collector, the Scarlet Witch, Magneto, Graviton, the Grim Reaper, Immortus, the Grand Master, the Red Skull, Dr. Doom, the Gatherers, HYDRA, the Zodiac, the Skrulls, Master Pandemonium, Maelstrom, Halflife, the High Evolutionary, the Savage Land Mutates, the Squardon Sinister, the Enchantress, Diablo, Bloodhawk, the Lava Men, the Yellow Claw, Terminus, the Master of the World, the Taskmaster, Loki, the Absorbing Man, the Time Keepers, the X-Men, Zeus, the Wizard, the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Ymir and Surtur, the Kree, Morgan Le Fey, Baron Zemo...
>
> ...and others in very bitter battles to the death, and Hank has been there for you, watching your back on principle, and fighting the same foe to the end....
>
> ...do you make snide, cast-off commnents like Carol made, ff you have any character at all?
>
> Especially in light of her own history and problems, which she's recently been reviewing and reflecting upon vis-a-vis her status as a public hero?
>
> I don't think you do.
>
> Unless you're in the Bendis/Ellis/Millar world, where most AVERAGE people are callous, treacherous, secretive, manipulative, rude, sociopathic, selfish, desperate, and mean-spirited at worst, and rather simple-minded, easily swayed, and superficial at best (Bendis' Spider Man and Sentry, to name two).
>
> So that remark by Carol was another point in the story in which I was rudely reminded that I was reading a story---and one written by Bendis.
>
> The Black Widow's &*$!! remark was another. She's not a 'gabby' person. She weighs her words carefully, and takes no guff from anyone. She's sophisticated, a tough cookie, who 'takes no prisoners' passed a certain point. Chattery 'banter' while fighting for her life and the life of her team is something that would be completely alien to her.
>
> Peace.
>
>


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
CyberCoyote




Toss in Jarvis' Tigra comment and you've got most of my little irksome problems with an otherwise pretty good book together.

Didn't Pym get some humanitarian award after all of the CW stuff? The guy has as big an IQ as Stark without his enhancements and has beat down anyone that's threatened his team. He's a hero through and through who had no more in the area of psychological challenges than anyone else. He's not liked by Bendis and will suffer for it just as Richards is regarded as the World's Biggest A-Hole by Millar and paid for that in CW. Personally I think Pym is one of the greatest Avengers of all time and the team is NOT an all star one without him.

Natasha..well, I'm pretty sure all things Avengers are Ultimatized so that didn't throw me at all. I still think she's not a requirrement for the team. You want a spy, there's..hmm.. HANK PYM! He can kick twenty times more butt than Ms Leatherbutt, hack into computers a thousand times better, and between his powers and the ants can gather intel faster than she can say, Das Vidana.

But Bendis does what Bendis does, and it's not as bad as Millar. That's how I think about Bendis books now. At least it's not Millar. He'd have had Tony banging Carol while they made plans..


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Dr. Shallot




Still haven't read the issue, but I agree with the dumping on Pym. Please just let it stop. As TS pointed out, with all the problems each and every one of the Avengers have, they should't be making comments like that. Ha, Ha, funny.

As far as Tony and Carol, I wouldn't put the scenario you described too far out of reach.

What bothers me more is my beloved She-Hulk! Check out #45 on this link:
http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/wizard/003767985.cfm?page=2

Please Slott, don't do it!


> Toss in Jarvis' Tigra comment and you've got most of my little irksome problems with an otherwise pretty good book together.
>
> Didn't Pym get some humanitarian award after all of the CW stuff? The guy has as big an IQ as Stark without his enhancements and has beat down anyone that's threatened his team. He's a hero through and through who had no more in the area of psychological challenges than anyone else. He's not liked by Bendis and will suffer for it just as Richards is regarded as the World's Biggest A-Hole by Millar and paid for that in CW. Personally I think Pym is one of the greatest Avengers of all time and the team is NOT an all star one without him.
>
> Natasha..well, I'm pretty sure all things Avengers are Ultimatized so that didn't throw me at all. I still think she's not a requirrement for the team. You want a spy, there's..hmm.. HANK PYM! He can kick twenty times more butt than Ms Leatherbutt, hack into computers a thousand times better, and between his powers and the ants can gather intel faster than she can say, Das Vidana.
>
> But Bendis does what Bendis does, and it's not as bad as Millar. That's how I think about Bendis books now. At least it's not Millar. He'd have had Tony banging Carol while they made plans..




Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Tiger Shark




Jarvis's comment was crude and totally out of line--and character. What could he possibly have against Tigra? Is Bendis inferring he has to clean her litter box? Or was it a clumsy reference to her 'betrayal' status during CW?

Yes, Carol's stupid, inane remark about Hank Pym made no sense--these people are supposed to be longtime friends and collegues who have fought the baddest of the bad in life-and-death struggles, who would die for each other. So the dissing is completely inappropriate.

And to say nothing of the fact that Tony and Hank worked closely on Clor. They're long, longtime associates--Tony shouldn't have let that remark pass.

Bendis has a fairly low opinion of humanity--that's all I can come up with. His work on the traditional title and NA certainly suggests that.

I like Natasha a lot, so I'm glad to see her on the team--she's a big plus for me, as is Jan. But Natasha needs to get her long tresses back.

The rest, I'm not so keen on. Wonder Man I could do without, especially in those clothes. Sentry? Yuch. Ares--well, he has potential. I'm not a huge Ms. Marvel fan either, and let's face it, it's really Tony's team anyway. Carol's just a figurehead.

Peace, CC.




Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Tiger Shark




..however, I'm still hopeful about this title and this arc. I think most of us agree that Ultron Model 890 has become fairly to very stale over the years, and Kurt gave us the ultimate 'Ultron Family Showdown' I think. To be made interesting again, something completely new had to be tried.

We've had female Kangs and female Crimson Cowls, w've had the Red Skull's daughter...why not a shot at a female Ultron, even if it is a somewhat redudnant idea after Alchema and Jocasta?

I'm willing to give it a shopt, especially since the Mole Man is standing by for some reason.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
FirstChAoS




I read Mighty Avengers as well and my views on it are very mixed.

The action scenes vs the monsters almost felt like an old style avengers book again. Almost. Something was missing and I am not quite sure what. I did appreciate the cameo by godzilla though. I also am not sure how they failed to recognize the moloids.

On the other hand the scenes with Carol and Tony I disliked. For someone who claimed to let Carol have her own team, Tony REFUSED to let her disagree with his member pick. Why was Tony so adamant on sentry? (I still suspect he is a sentry addict, after all he went to the moon to drag sentry back in new Avengers). Why was he so adamant on getting a ninja without any good reason other than "we NEED a ninja, everyone needs ninja's nowadays". Was this Bendis poking fun at himself for overdoing Ninja's in New Avengers? Was this a hint that marvel is forcing him to use ninjas when he doesn't want them?

All in all my opinions on Mighty avengers is mixed. I will give it 2 or 3 more issues to see if it picks up or not.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
vermin




> ...but first, let me reiterate that I enjoyed the issue thouroughly and felt it was the first time I felt I was reading an Avengers title since perhaps Johns' 'Red Zone' arc.
>
> However, I'm not much of a fan of Bendis' dialogue--there's too much of it that's simply superfluous banter, and it rarely moves the story along. I feel he uses it to disguise the fact that too often there's nothing really going on, his characterizations are generally poor, and to disguise the fact that he doesn't know how to really dramatize his New Avengers arcs, though there have been moments in which this is not the case.
>
> But the larger problem I'm referring to in my subject line is Ms. Marvel's calling Hank Pym Jan's 'Crazy Husband' to Tony, or whatever the exact words are.
>
> Yes, we all know that Hank has had personal / moral / ethical / mental / sustance abuse problems over the years. So have Carol and Tony had some variation of these (and Tony's having a lot of them right now).
>
> So have Pietro, Wanda, Hawkeye, T'Challa, She Hulk, Dr. Druid, Namor, Thor, the Vision, Moondragon, Sersi, Mantis, the Hulk, Swordsman, Crystal, and other Avengers.
>
> And Carol and Tony know that.
>
> So, when you've fought alongside Hank Pym against Kang, Ultron, the Masters of Evil, Egghead, the Molecule Man, Korvac, the Collector, the Scarlet Witch, Magneto, Graviton, the Grim Reaper, Immortus, the Grand Master, the Red Skull, Dr. Doom, the Gatherers, HYDRA, the Zodiac, the Skrulls, Master Pandemonium, Maelstrom, Halflife, the High Evolutionary, the Savage Land Mutates, the Squardon Sinister, the Enchantress, Diablo, Bloodhawk, the Lava Men, the Yellow Claw, Terminus, the Master of the World, the Taskmaster, Loki, the Absorbing Man, the Time Keepers, the X-Men, Zeus, the Wizard, the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Ymir and Surtur, the Kree, Morgan Le Fey, Baron Zemo...
>
> ...and others in very bitter battles to the death, and Hank has been there for you, watching your back on principle, and fighting the same foe to the end....
>
> ...do you make snide, cast-off commnents like Carol made, ff you have any character at all?
>
> Especially in light of her own history and problems, which she's recently been reviewing and reflecting upon vis-a-vis her status as a public hero?
>
> I don't think you do.
>
> Unless you're in the Bendis/Ellis/Millar world, where most AVERAGE people are callous, treacherous, secretive, manipulative, rude, sociopathic, selfish, desperate, and mean-spirited at worst, and rather simple-minded, easily swayed, and superficial at best (Bendis' Spider Man and Sentry, to name two).
>
> So that remark by Carol was another point in the story in which I was rudely reminded that I was reading a story---and one written by Bendis.
>
> The Black Widow's &*$!! remark was another. She's not a 'gabby' person. She weighs her words carefully, and takes no guff from anyone. She's sophisticated, a tough cookie, who 'takes no prisoners' passed a certain point. Chattery 'banter' while fighting for her life and the life of her team is something that would be completely alien to her.
>
> Peace.
>
>


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Tiger Shark




> > ...but first, let me reiterate that I enjoyed the issue thouroughly and felt it was the first time I felt I was reading an Avengers title since perhaps Johns' 'Red Zone' arc.
> >
> > However, I'm not much of a fan of Bendis' dialogue--there's too much of it that's simply superfluous banter, and it rarely moves the story along. I feel he uses it to disguise the fact that too often there's nothing really going on, his characterizations are generally poor, and to disguise the fact that he doesn't know how to really dramatize his New Avengers arcs, though there have been moments in which this is not the case.
> >
> > But the larger problem I'm referring to in my subject line is Ms. Marvel's calling Hank Pym Jan's 'Crazy Husband' to Tony, or whatever the exact words are.
> >
> > Yes, we all know that Hank has had personal / moral / ethical / mental / sustance abuse problems over the years. So have Carol and Tony had some variation of these (and Tony's having a lot of them right now).
> >
> > So have Pietro, Wanda, Hawkeye, T'Challa, She Hulk, Dr. Druid, Namor, Thor, the Vision, Moondragon, Sersi, Mantis, the Hulk, Swordsman, Crystal, and other Avengers.
> >
> > And Carol and Tony know that.
> >
> > So, when you've fought alongside Hank Pym against Kang, Ultron, the Masters of Evil, Egghead, the Molecule Man, Korvac, the Collector, the Scarlet Witch, Magneto, Graviton, the Grim Reaper, Immortus, the Grand Master, the Red Skull, Dr. Doom, the Gatherers, HYDRA, the Zodiac, the Skrulls, Master Pandemonium, Maelstrom, Halflife, the High Evolutionary, the Savage Land Mutates, the Squardon Sinister, the Enchantress, Diablo, Bloodhawk, the Lava Men, the Yellow Claw, Terminus, the Master of the World, the Taskmaster, Loki, the Absorbing Man, the Time Keepers, the X-Men, Zeus, the Wizard, the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Ymir and Surtur, the Kree, Morgan Le Fey, Baron Zemo...
> >
> > ...and others in very bitter battles to the death, and Hank has been there for you, watching your back on principle, and fighting the same foe to the end....
> >
> > ...do you make snide, cast-off commnents like Carol made, ff you have any character at all?
> >
> > Especially in light of her own history and problems, which she's recently been reviewing and reflecting upon vis-a-vis her status as a public hero?
> >
> > I don't think you do.
> >
> > Unless you're in the Bendis/Ellis/Millar world, where most AVERAGE people are callous, treacherous, secretive, manipulative, rude, sociopathic, selfish, desperate, and mean-spirited at worst, and rather simple-minded, easily swayed, and superficial at best (Bendis' Spider Man and Sentry, to name two).
> >
> > So that remark by Carol was another point in the story in which I was rudely reminded that I was reading a story---and one written by Bendis.
> >
> > The Black Widow's &*$!! remark was another. She's not a 'gabby' person. She weighs her words carefully, and takes no guff from anyone. She's sophisticated, a tough cookie, who 'takes no prisoners' passed a certain point. Chattery 'banter' while fighting for her life and the life of her team is something that would be completely alien to her.
> >
> > Peace.
> >
> >


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Nitz the Bloody





> Yes, Carol's stupid, inane remark about Hank Pym made no sense--these people are supposed to be longtime friends and collegues who have fought the baddest of the bad in life-and-death struggles, who would die for each other. So the dissing is completely inappropriate.

Colleagues, yes, comrades in arms, yes, " die for each other " yes, friends probably not. Even historically, the Avengers has been the most professional, mission-focused, by-the-book superhero team in the Marvel Universe, one which is a tool devoted to getting the job done. Being an Avenger means that you're devoted to saving lives, not making friends. Especially nowadays, with the militarization of the superhero team.

If it were the Fantastic Four, this sort of remark would be uncalled for because members of that team are family. Even if it were the X-Men, it wouldn't fly because that team is organized so that the members become extended family in their struggle against the power. But the Avengers? The nature of that organization is such that it doesn't care if you like or loathe your teammates, as long as you can work with them on the battlefield. The fact that friendships and relationships have formed on the Avengers is incidental to the nature of the group.

I should also note that Carol's likely referring to the infamous divorce of Hank and Jan, since he was a domestic abuser and she's a feminist, so it doesn't seem particularly jarring for her not to like him.


Posted with Apple Safari on MacOS X
Tiger Shark




Yes, the 'chose the team' conversation was fairly lame: it's Tony's team, clearly, it's not Carol's, and she's smart enough to realize that she's being played.

I think that the Sentry is there because of Bendis, not Tony. Bendis utterly failed to do anything interesting with him, and he's just giving it the old college try--I don't think he wants to be known as the scribe who reintroduced him to the MU and then failed to make him interesting. Just as he failed to make Cage or SW interesting.

Yes, the ninja thing was Bendis too--not Tony. Since when has the Avengers, the FF, or the X-men, or the Champions or the Defenders or the JLA--needed a ninja quota?

It wasn't excellent, but it was, for me, a huge step up over the dreary NA.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Jase




> ..however, I'm still hopeful about this title and this arc. I think most of us agree that Ultron Model 890 has become fairly to very stale over the years, and Kurt gave us the ultimate 'Ultron Family Showdown' I think. To be made interesting again, something completely new had to be tried.
>
> We've had female Kangs and female Crimson Cowls, w've had the Red Skull's daughter...why not a shot at a female Ultron, even if it is a somewhat redudnant idea after Alchema and Jocasta?
>

Because aside from being redundant, it doesn't make any sense for a character who previously identified himself as a male in all of his inter-relationships w/ his 'family', regardless of whether he actually was one or not, to now all of a sudden decide to be female. Having Red Skull have a daughter isn't the same as Red Skull having a sex change and becoming female. Having a female take up the inherently genderless mantle of the Crimson Cowl is not the same either, nor is having a female as Kang when it's not the original or prime Kang. Unless the She-Ultron in MA is ultimately revealed as being a divergent Ultron program or a new progeny of his attempting to steal his name, one would have a hard time convincing me that the depth of this character change is no deeper than Frank Cho wanting another set of DD's to draw.

> I'm willing to give it a shopt, especially since the Mole Man is standing by for some reason.


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.1 on Windows XP
spiderprince




> On the other hand the scenes with Carol and Tony I disliked. For someone who claimed to let Carol have her own team, Tony REFUSED to let her disagree with his member pick. Why was Tony so adamant on sentry? (I still suspect he is a sentry addict, after all he went to the moon to drag sentry back in new Avengers). Why was he so adamant on getting a ninja without any good reason other than "we NEED a ninja, everyone needs ninja's nowadays". Was this Bendis poking fun at himself for overdoing Ninja's in New Avengers? Was this a hint that marvel is forcing him to use ninjas when he doesn't want them?

First off, I think it was pretty clear Tony would be calling the shots. Remember, we've been told there will be friction as to who's really in charge here.

For Sentry, Tony did promise to help him and say that Avengers would be there for him. It could be an honor thing. Or maybe cause technically Stark Tower = Sentry Watchtower he didn't want to be rude. Or maybe he realized that he's really really powerful and could be useful to hit stuff. I can see reasons for him to push for Sentry.

The ninja thing was just Bendis poking fun at himself imo
>
> All in all my opinions on Mighty avengers is mixed. I will give it 2 or 3 more issues to see if it picks up or not.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows 2000
Spiffy




> Jarvis's comment was crude and totally out of line--and character. What could he possibly have against Tigra? Is Bendis inferring he has to clean her litter box? Or was it a clumsy reference to her 'betrayal' status during CW?

Yeah. Its just bad bad writing. Typical Bendis crap where sometimes he just totally doesn't GET these characters. Its not that Jarvis can't be snarky, but if he is its going to be dry wit, not snotty crude comments.

>
> Yes, Carol's stupid, inane remark about Hank Pym made no sense--these people are supposed to be longtime friends and collegues who have fought the baddest of the bad in life-and-death struggles, who would die for each other. So the dissing is completely inappropriate.

I don't necessarily think Carol has to like Hank Pym, but it did seem a bit out of place.

> And to say nothing of the fact that Tony and Hank worked closely on Clor. They're long, longtime associates--Tony shouldn't have let that remark pass.

Hank is totally Tony's "bitch" too. Then again, we know from his treatment of Peter Parker than Tony doesn't necessarily stand up for his little bitches.

> Bendis has a fairly low opinion of humanity--that's all I can come up with. His work on the traditional title and NA certainly suggests that.

Yup.

> I like Natasha a lot, so I'm glad to see her on the team--she's a big plus for me, as is Jan. But Natasha needs to get her long tresses back.

Natasha is good when used correctly. But there are about 100 ways to easily misuse her. And we know Bendis will commit to at least a few of them.

> The rest, I'm not so keen on. Wonder Man I could do without, especially in those clothes. Sentry? Yuch. Ares--well, he has potential. I'm not a huge Ms. Marvel fan either, and let's face it, it's really Tony's team anyway. Carol's just a figurehead.

Wonder Man has always been as worthless to me as The Sentry is now. Ares I'm just bored with, and I honestly don't think that the "mythological figures inserted into a hero team" works that reliably, because even with Classic Thor and Hercules its sometimes been a real struggle. Now inserting someone like Ares into the modern Marvel "extra gritty" version of the 616 universe, the chances of it working are even less.


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.2 on Windows Vista
Jase




>
> > Yes, Carol's stupid, inane remark about Hank Pym made no sense--these people are supposed to be longtime friends and collegues who have fought the baddest of the bad in life-and-death struggles, who would die for each other. So the dissing is completely inappropriate.
>
> Colleagues, yes, comrades in arms, yes, " die for each other " yes, friends probably not. Even historically, the Avengers has been the most professional, mission-focused, by-the-book superhero team in the Marvel Universe, one which is a tool devoted to getting the job done. Being an Avenger means that you're devoted to saving lives, not making friends. Especially nowadays, with the militarization of the superhero team.
>
> If it were the Fantastic Four, this sort of remark would be uncalled for because members of that team are family. Even if it were the X-Men, it wouldn't fly because that team is organized so that the members become extended family in their struggle against the power. But the Avengers? The nature of that organization is such that it doesn't care if you like or loathe your teammates, as long as you can work with them on the battlefield. The fact that friendships and relationships have formed on the Avengers is incidental to the nature of the group.
>

The only thing I'd note in response to this is that I don't think such a comment occurring in X-Men would be any more out of place there than it would be in Avengers. Any extended family relationships that occur in X-Men are as equally incidental to their primary 'mission statement' as ones that develop in Avengers. On a long enough timeline, any semi-consistent grouping of characters, no matter the premise of the gathering, can believably evolve into a de facto family type of group.

The X-Men, like the Avengers, are still a group of individuals that have liked and loathed each other yet still been able to get the job done on the battlefield. The main difference between the two, to me (aside from the series premise, of course), is that there can at times be a greater emphasis on the interpersonal bonds in X-Men than in Avengers, which can be attributed mainly to their consistency on who's in the team (well, when there was one team, anyway).

> I should also note that Carol's likely referring to the infamous divorce of Hank and Jan, since he was a domestic abuser and she's a feminist, so it doesn't seem particularly jarring for her not to like him.


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.1 on Windows XP
Tiger Shark




....Bendis hasn't been known for his ideas on the Avengers--not since the redundant, badly-paced Chaos, right out of the gate--but it still remains to be seen why he's going to tell us Ultron has decided to maniest as a female.

Presuming of course that he will tell us--I doubt he won't: he's been taking a lot of heat from fans, and he's proven to me with his two Illuminati books that he can tell a solid, creative, traditional hero story that packs a 'wow' factor.

I really, really believe that Kang, Ultron, and the MOE really need new imaginative twists/redefintions to make them interesting again at this point in history. I would never want to sit through another 12-part Kang War like Kurt gave us.

Peace.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Tiger Shark




The traditional Avengers have been friends for the most part--we know that Moondragon isn't cosy with anyone on the team, that Crystal, Pietro, Sersi, and Dane had their problems, Mantis was largely self-serving back in the day, and there has been heavy tension between T'Challa and IM--but basically these are people who known one another fairly well and care about one another.

If they run into one another on the street, they're happy to see one another. And if one of them walks into the mansion/tower, the others say hello. There were plenty of times 'in the old days' when we saw them sitting around, having tea together and chatting.

Let's not forget that for many of the 'early' Avengers, their realtionships are of many years' duration, and that includes [dead or alive] Cap, IM, Thor, Hank, Jan, Hawkeye, the Vision, the Scarlet Witch, Pietro, T'Challa, Wonder Man, Natasha, Hercules, and others, including Carol and She Hulk, who came a bit later.

Now, they've not all had smooth relations during the periods in which they've known one another, especially Pietro, and we know that Carol felt betrayed when she went wherever she went with whoever that guy was, but for most it's been fairly smooth sailing.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Hank Pym




Carol never liked me. I should smack the........uhh I mean I should talk to her more.







> ...but first, let me reiterate that I enjoyed the issue thouroughly and felt it was the first time I felt I was reading an Avengers title since perhaps Johns' 'Red Zone' arc.
>
> However, I'm not much of a fan of Bendis' dialogue--there's too much of it that's simply superfluous banter, and it rarely moves the story along. I feel he uses it to disguise the fact that too often there's nothing really going on, his characterizations are generally poor, and to disguise the fact that he doesn't know how to really dramatize his New Avengers arcs, though there have been moments in which this is not the case.
>
> But the larger problem I'm referring to in my subject line is Ms. Marvel's calling Hank Pym Jan's 'Crazy Husband' to Tony, or whatever the exact words are.
>
> Yes, we all know that Hank has had personal / moral / ethical / mental / sustance abuse problems over the years. So have Carol and Tony had some variation of these (and Tony's having a lot of them right now).
>
> So have Pietro, Wanda, Hawkeye, T'Challa, She Hulk, Dr. Druid, Namor, Thor, the Vision, Moondragon, Sersi, Mantis, the Hulk, Swordsman, Crystal, and other Avengers.
>
> And Carol and Tony know that.
>
> So, when you've fought alongside Hank Pym against Kang, Ultron, the Masters of Evil, Egghead, the Molecule Man, Korvac, the Collector, the Scarlet Witch, Magneto, Graviton, the Grim Reaper, Immortus, the Grand Master, the Red Skull, Dr. Doom, the Gatherers, HYDRA, the Zodiac, the Skrulls, Master Pandemonium, Maelstrom, Halflife, the High Evolutionary, the Savage Land Mutates, the Squardon Sinister, the Enchantress, Diablo, Bloodhawk, the Lava Men, the Yellow Claw, Terminus, the Master of the World, the Taskmaster, Loki, the Absorbing Man, the Time Keepers, the X-Men, Zeus, the Wizard, the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Ymir and Surtur, the Kree, Morgan Le Fey, Baron Zemo...
>
> ...and others in very bitter battles to the death, and Hank has been there for you, watching your back on principle, and fighting the same foe to the end....
>
> ...do you make snide, cast-off commnents like Carol made, ff you have any character at all?
>
> Especially in light of her own history and problems, which she's recently been reviewing and reflecting upon vis-a-vis her status as a public hero?
>
> I don't think you do.
>
> Unless you're in the Bendis/Ellis/Millar world, where most AVERAGE people are callous, treacherous, secretive, manipulative, rude, sociopathic, selfish, desperate, and mean-spirited at worst, and rather simple-minded, easily swayed, and superficial at best (Bendis' Spider Man and Sentry, to name two).
>
> So that remark by Carol was another point in the story in which I was rudely reminded that I was reading a story---and one written by Bendis.
>
> The Black Widow's &*$!! remark was another. She's not a 'gabby' person. She weighs her words carefully, and takes no guff from anyone. She's sophisticated, a tough cookie, who 'takes no prisoners' passed a certain point. Chattery 'banter' while fighting for her life and the life of her team is something that would be completely alien to her.
>
> Peace.
>
>


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
CyberCoyote




I try to ignore T-Bolts lately because I think the whole killers for hire thing stinks, so it made me forget Carol and Hank worked TOGETHER to spy on everyone and bring Iron Man down along with Sentry through the Bolts.

Guess SHE forgot to.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Nitz the Bloody





> The only thing I'd note in response to this is that I don't think such a comment occurring in X-Men would be any more out of place there than it would be in Avengers. Any extended family relationships that occur in X-Men are as equally incidental to their primary 'mission statement' as ones that develop in Avengers. On a long enough timeline, any semi-consistent grouping of characters, no matter the premise of the gathering, can believably evolve into a de facto family type of group.

I think that the climate of the X-Men is more condusive to friendship than the climate of the Avengers, because there's more than just shared experience, interests, attraction, etc. the two have in common uniting them. For one, every member of the X-Men is a mutant, part of a persecuted minority, so they have a history of being the other in common. For another, they're working towards the common goal of making a more tolerant and unified world, a dynamic which starts at " home " ( I.E. relationships within the Xavier mansion ). Finally, the fact that the X-Men are a persecuted minority means that they really can't develop lives outside their organization, so the group is a team of effective outlaws banded together for survival as opposed to a volunteer organization.

The X-Men function as a support group, a refugee shelter, and a minority movement. The Avengers, on the other hand, are just an organization. Some members of have been on the team long enough do connect, but aside from being superheroes on the same mission, it doesn't seem like there's a lot of context for them to be good friends.

> The X-Men, like the Avengers, are still a group of individuals that have liked and loathed each other yet still been able to get the job done on the battlefield. The main difference between the two, to me (aside from the series premise, of course), is that there can at times be a greater emphasis on the interpersonal bonds in X-Men than in Avengers, which can be attributed mainly to their consistency on who's in the team (well, when there was one team, anyway).

Unfortunately, the friendships between the X-Men have kind of been forgotten over the years, mostly due to the way the members are so thinly spread apart. Aside from key relationships, mostly romantic ones, you don't really see stuff involving characters bonding over any outside activity. Which is a shame, because that was one of the best parts of the book.


Posted with Apple Safari on MacOS X
Old Comic Fan




I really, really believe that Kang, Ultron, and the MOE really need new imaginative twists/redefintions to make them interesting again at this point in history. I would never want to sit through another 12-part Kang War like Kurt gave us.
>
> Peace.

You know Tiger at this point I couldn't care if we never see another Kang Story I always found Kang stories tedious, to this day I have never been able to finish Avengers Forever.

On another note, Cage & Spiderwoman are 2 reasons I will be sticking with NA, I enjoy the whole Shield/Ninja feel to the book.
I'll see Mighty through to the big showdown but after that It will have to be great for me to stick around.

Tell you what I'll swap NA's Dr Strange with you for Mighty's Natasha & then we will probably both be happy.
(Never did like magic based characters)

The presence of both the Sentry & Ares on the Mighty teamwill almost certainly kill it for me.

Greg




Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Tiger Shark




> I try to ignore T-Bolts lately because I think the whole killers for hire thing stinks, so it made me forget Carol and Hank worked TOGETHER to spy on everyone and bring Iron Man down along with Sentry through the Bolts.
>
> Guess SHE forgot to.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
CyberCoyote




I remember him getting all snarky and holier than thou in an interview when talking about what was happening in T-Bolts and he waived it off saying, "Fabian does what Fabian does.." as if he couldn't possibly care less and didn't even accept another writer's stories if he didn't approve of them. So if Bendis! decides it doesn't matter then it's settled \:\)


"I don't think there's such a thing as a hero.
It's a lovely idea and this isn't meant to be cynical,
but I think people are just people who are capable of
very good of very bad things.... "

Mark Millar: Writer of Super Hero comic books

CyberCoyote-=^..^=-


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.10 on Windows XP
BlakGard




> Toss in Jarvis' Tigra comment and you've got most of my little
> irksome problems with an otherwise pretty good book together.

Where are people seeing this comment? I've read the issue, now, four times, and I don't see it at all. In fact, I don't even see Jarvis or a reference to him, or Tigra, for that matter.
____________________



Posted with Netscape Navigator 8.1.2 on Windows XP
D-Man




However for some reason Mighty Avengers #1 seemed to come off as some cheap knock off of Justice League of America #1.

Well at least there's no "mystery character" like in NA.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
CyberCoyote




"But if you let that Tigra $%^& back on the team you can find someone else to do your laundry."


"I don't think there's such a thing as a hero.
It's a lovely idea and this isn't meant to be cynical,
but I think people are just people who are capable of
very good of very bad things.... "

Mark Millar: Writer of Super Hero comic books

CyberCoyote-=^..^=-


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.10 on Windows XP
Dr. Shallot




I have to say upfront that I was underwhelmed and not impressed. I will still give this series my standard 3-issue commitment to see if it can hook me, but based on the premiere issue I don't think I will be staying with it very long.

Anyone who has watched the show "Scrubs"(a favorite in my house) knows that for the bulk of the show the characters joke, play practical jokes, flirt, daydream/fantasize, and conduct themselves in what could be widely considered as unprofessional behavior. Then, all of a sudden, the show can take a serious turn. This sudden change in tone either works or it doesn't, and your overall enjoyment of the episode usually hinges on how well this sudden shift is executed. To me, most of the time it works, because the writing and the cast are talented enough to pull it off.

How does this relate to the Avengers? Well, when I think Avengers, I certainly don't think of them as the "Scrubs" of the Marvel Universe. Bendis' attempts at snappy banter and tongue-in-cheek action just doesn't work for me. The transitions in tone from joking to serious also fail. The team just doesn't seem to be approaching situations very seriously. This seems like "Avengers light" to me and I've just never cared for that approach with this team. Having two very unlikeable characters on the team doesn't help-Stark and Sentry. For Tony and Carol's conversation concerning the Sentry, they may have well just labelled Tony "Bendis" and Carol as "typical Marvel fan". Marvel is determined that this character will eventually be great one day and they constantly need to try to sell the reader on that idea. Sentry sucks, that's the bottom line.

Stark has become such a despised character in my mind that I just didn't care about his predicament at the end of the book. We all know that he'll emerge from this, so let's enjoy his pain while it lasts. Between this and the last issue of Illuminati it's been a good few weeks for Stark-haters. Thanks Bendis!

I enjoyed Cho's artwork and it is obvious he enjoys drawing the ladies. Female Ultron looks like Jan to me, now maybe she'll become a basket case like her ex-husband. I agree with other poster's comments that joking about Hank Pym and any other Avengers who's struggled through personal problems is very unprofessional and out of character for both Carol and Stark.

I truly think that we need a new writer on at least one of the Avengers' titles. If Bendis can turn things around in 2 issues I'll be pleasantly surprised. For now his mixture of action and character development is too light and fluffy for me.

At this point my hopes for a decent Avengers title hinges on Avengers: The Initiative by Slott.

The Illuminati series has proven that Bendis can write a good action/adventure yarn. I've also been reading Ultimate X-Men stories thanks to the fact that I bought the cd-rom with the first 70 issues. His two arcs on that title were very good. With Mighty Avengers he just seems like he's having silly fun. That just doesn't appeal to me.




>


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Jase




>
> > The only thing I'd note in response to this is that I don't think such a comment occurring in X-Men would be any more out of place there than it would be in Avengers. Any extended family relationships that occur in X-Men are as equally incidental to their primary 'mission statement' as ones that develop in Avengers. On a long enough timeline, any semi-consistent grouping of characters, no matter the premise of the gathering, can believably evolve into a de facto family type of group.
>
> I think that the climate of the X-Men is more condusive to friendship than the climate of the Avengers, because there's more than just shared experience, interests, attraction, etc. the two have in common uniting them. For one, every member of the X-Men is a mutant, part of a persecuted minority, so they have a history of being the other in common.

Now see, to me, that seems like the type of environment that could just as easily breed contempt just as much as it would solidarity, primarily because they are forced together more by circumstance than choice. That's why you can easier see the X-Men simply learning to have to deal with, say, a Wolverine outburst where he regularly threatens bodily harm on a teammate because they have little else choice, whereas the Avengers on the other hand don't really have to put up with that kind of behavior. They seem more likely to foster camaraderie precisely because they are not so much bound together as willfully assembling.

>For another, they're working towards the common goal of making a more tolerant and unified world, a dynamic which starts at " home " ( I.E. relationships within the Xavier mansion ). Finally, the fact that the X-Men are a persecuted minority means that they really can't develop lives outside their organization, so the group is a team of effective outlaws banded together for survival as opposed to a volunteer organization.
>

I think you've just delineated for me why I ultimately prefer the Avengers to the X-Men. One organization is just sort of a default result of the state of the world they're in while the other while the other makes a more independent choice to do something about it.

> The X-Men function as a support group, a refugee shelter, and a minority movement. The Avengers, on the other hand, are just an organization. Some members of have been on the team long enough do connect, but aside from being superheroes on the same mission, it doesn't seem like there's a lot of context for them to be good friends.
>

Sure there is. The same way anyone does - people are inherently social creatures and look for others whom they can identify with on some level. A lot of times, it simply boils down to how conducive is the environment for developing such a bond. While I can see how the threat of imminent extinction and having an entire world that fears and hates you can force a cramped group of outcasts to develop into a family unit, the Avengers team dynamics also foster close communication and teamwork to an equal, albeit different, degree. I personally think the amount of genuine friendships that have arisen out of the Avengers is a testament to that. Captain America/Hawkeye, Wonder Man/Beast, Black Knight/Hercules, Captain America/Iron Man, Iron Man/Thor, Captain America/Black Panther, Namor/Hercules, and more, IMO, they're just as rich as the ones that have come about in X-Men.

Perhaps a different way of putting my point might be in an analogy. It might be the difference between the unpopular kids in school all hanging out because they have nowhere else to go(the X-Men), versus the school football team(the Avengers). It's no more out of place for genuine friendships and emotional attachment to form in one than in the other, IMO.

Still, some x-cellent points on your part, though.

> > The X-Men, like the Avengers, are still a group of individuals that have liked and loathed each other yet still been able to get the job done on the battlefield. The main difference between the two, to me (aside from the series premise, of course), is that there can at times be a greater emphasis on the interpersonal bonds in X-Men than in Avengers, which can be attributed mainly to their consistency on who's in the team (well, when there was one team, anyway).
>
> Unfortunately, the friendships between the X-Men have kind of been forgotten over the years, mostly due to the way the members are so thinly spread apart.

Sad, but true. I can't remember the last time I got the vibe that Kurt Wagner and Logan were friends because they genuinely enjoyed each other's company(and both liked beer! \:D ), and not just because it's canon.

>Aside from key relationships, mostly romantic ones, you don't really see stuff involving characters bonding over any outside activity. Which is a shame, because that was one of the best parts of the book.

I agree completely. Partly why I think Peter David taking over an X-Men title is long overdue since he used to do a pretty decent job of it over in X-Factor.





Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.1 on Windows XP
Jase




> I have to say upfront that I was underwhelmed and not impressed. I will still give this series my standard 3-issue commitment to see if it can hook me, but based on the premiere issue I don't think I will be staying with it very long.
>
> Anyone who has watched the show "Scrubs"(a favorite in my house) knows that for the bulk of the show the characters joke, play practical jokes, flirt, daydream/fantasize, and conduct themselves in what could be widely considered as unprofessional behavior. Then, all of a sudden, the show can take a serious turn. This sudden change in tone either works or it doesn't, and your overall enjoyment of the episode usually hinges on how well this sudden shift is executed. To me, most of the time it works, because the writing and the cast are talented enough to pull it off.
>
> How does this relate to the Avengers? Well, when I think Avengers, I certainly don't think of them as the "Scrubs" of the Marvel Universe. Bendis' attempts at snappy banter and tongue-in-cheek action just doesn't work for me. The transitions in tone from joking to serious also fail. The team just doesn't seem to be approaching situations very seriously. This seems like "Avengers light" to me and I've just never cared for that approach with this team. Having two very unlikeable characters on the team doesn't help-Stark and Sentry. For Tony and Carol's conversation concerning the Sentry, they may have well just labelled Tony "Bendis" and Carol as "typical Marvel fan". Marvel is determined that this character will eventually be great one day and they constantly need to try to sell the reader on that idea. Sentry sucks, that's the bottom line.
>

Sad, but true. Whatever potential the character might have had, has been beaten out of him by BENDIS! and, ironically enough, his own creator, Paul Jenkins. I simply fail to see how the character, as he currently is, is in any way intriguing or compelling.

> Stark has become such a despised character in my mind that I just didn't care about his predicament at the end of the book. We all know that he'll emerge from this, so let's enjoy his pain while it lasts. Between this and the last issue of Illuminati it's been a good few weeks for Stark-haters. Thanks Bendis!
>
> I enjoyed Cho's artwork and it is obvious he enjoys drawing the ladies. Female Ultron looks like Jan to me, now maybe she'll become a basket case like her ex-husband. I agree with other poster's comments that joking about Hank Pym and any other Avengers who's struggled through personal problems is very unprofessional and out of character for both Carol and Stark.
>

It's just odd to me how sporadically the criticism towards Pym from other characters seems to show up. Wasn't this guy just Man of the Year?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

> I truly think that we need a new writer on at least one of the Avengers' titles. If Bendis can turn things around in 2 issues I'll be pleasantly surprised. For now his mixture of action and character development is too light and fluffy for me.
>
> At this point my hopes for a decent Avengers title hinges on Avengers: The Initiative by Slott.
>
> The Illuminati series has proven that Bendis can write a good action/adventure yarn. I've also been reading Ultimate X-Men stories thanks to the fact that I bought the cd-rom with the first 70 issues. His two arcs on that title were very good.

IMO, not really. He really exposed his weaknesses on writing a team book on those two arcs. If anything, they just showed how he falls into formulaic traps. In the first one, it's almost entirely Wolverine centric with (surprise!) appearances by Daredevil and Spider-Man. In the next one he killed off Hank McCoy in a way that wasn't an eventual progression of the story, but was instead his way of technically spray painting on the wall 'BENDIS! wuz here'.

>With Mighty Avengers he just seems like he's having silly fun. That just doesn't appeal to me.
>
>
>
>
> >


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.1 on Windows XP
Dr. Shallot





> >
>
> Sad, but true. Whatever potential the character might have had, has been beaten out of him by BENDIS! and, ironically enough, his own creator, Paul Jenkins. I simply fail to see how the character, as he currently is, is in any way intriguing or compelling.

I agree, and while Carol and the other Avengers may not have much respect for him or trust in his abilities, we're supposed to believe that his registration with SHIELD caused other heroes to come out and register themselves? I suspect he'll somehow get tied into Captain Marvel's story and Marvel will continue to try to make him important.
>

> >
>
> It's just odd to me how sporadically the criticism towards Pym from other characters seems to show up. Wasn't this guy just Man of the Year?
>
> Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Yes, and I have to believe that this award had something to do with the technology used to manufacture heroes such as the new team of Champions. As we've seen in 52, manufactured heroes that you can turn off and on will eventually blow up in someone's face. If Ultron can gain control of Stark's extremis technology, would it bee too farfetched if he/she can gain control of Pym's? I would think so, since he himself is Pym's creation. I predict that the days of Pym being the cause of some sort of disaster are far from over.
>
> The Illuminati series has proven that Bendis can write a good action/adventure yarn. I've also been reading Ultimate X-Men stories thanks to the fact that I bought the cd-rom with the first 70 issues. His two arcs on that title were very good.
>
> IMO, not really. He really exposed his weaknesses on writing a team book on those two arcs. If anything, they just showed how he falls into formulaic traps. In the first one, it's almost entirely Wolverine centric with (surprise!) appearances by Daredevil and Spider-Man. In the next one he killed off Hank McCoy in a way that wasn't an eventual progression of the story, but was instead his way of technically spray painting on the wall 'BENDIS! wuz here'.
>
The Wolverine arc was too long, I admit that. And I certainly wouldn't have paid $2.50-$3.00 an issue at the time it was originally published for such a decompressed tale, with most chapters coming in at under 5 minutes of reading time. Being able to read the whole saga in one sitting thanks to the cd format helped. I thought the idea that there would be a disgruntled Weapon X squad a logical one, and I don't find Ultimate Wolverine as annoying as the 616 version.

I did like the "New Mutants" arc quite a bit. Yes, Hank's death wasn't very satisfying, particularly due to the fact that he had become almost a joke of a character, mostly due to Millar's treatment. Plus the impact of his death on Storm wasn't very powerful in my eyes mainly because this romance was mostly "off-screen". Their relationship was never given a lot of panel time in the book. Finch's art certainly enhanced my appreciation of the story. Unlike the premiere issue of Mighty Avengers not every character Bendis was writing was trying to spout some lame one-liner.
> >
> >
> >
> > >


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
BlakGard




> > I have to say upfront that I was underwhelmed and not impressed. I will still give this series my standard 3-issue commitment to see if it can hook me, but based on the premiere issue I don't think I will be staying with it very long.
> >
> > Anyone who has watched the show "Scrubs"(a favorite in my house) knows that for the bulk of the show the characters joke, play practical jokes, flirt, daydream/fantasize, and conduct themselves in what could be widely considered as unprofessional behavior. Then, all of a sudden, the show can take a serious turn. This sudden change in tone either works or it doesn't, and your overall enjoyment of the episode usually hinges on how well this sudden shift is executed. To me, most of the time it works, because the writing and the cast are talented enough to pull it off.
> >
> > How does this relate to the Avengers? Well, when I think Avengers, I certainly don't think of them as the "Scrubs" of the Marvel Universe. Bendis' attempts at snappy banter and tongue-in-cheek action just doesn't work for me. The transitions in tone from joking to serious also fail. The team just doesn't seem to be approaching situations very seriously. This seems like "Avengers light" to me and I've just never cared for that approach with this team. Having two very unlikeable characters on the team doesn't help-Stark and Sentry. For Tony and Carol's conversation concerning the Sentry, they may have well just labelled Tony "Bendis" and Carol as "typical Marvel fan". Marvel is determined that this character will eventually be great one day and they constantly need to try to sell the reader on that idea. Sentry sucks, that's the bottom line.
>
> Sad, but true. Whatever potential the character might have had, has been beaten out of him by BENDIS! and, ironically enough, his own creator, Paul Jenkins. I simply fail to see how the character, as he currently is, is in any way intriguing or compelling.

To be honest, I didn't detect anything even remotely similar to Scrubs in this issue.

> > Stark has become such a despised character in my mind that I just didn't care about his predicament at the end of the book. We all know that he'll emerge from this, so let's enjoy his pain while it lasts. Between this and the last issue of Illuminati it's been a good few weeks for Stark-haters. Thanks Bendis!
> >
> > I enjoyed Cho's artwork and it is obvious he enjoys drawing the ladies. Female Ultron looks like Jan to me, now maybe she'll become a basket case like her ex-husband. I agree with other poster's comments that joking about Hank Pym and any other Avengers who's struggled through personal problems is very unprofessional and out of character for both Carol and Stark.
> >
>
> It's just odd to me how sporadically the criticism towards Pym from other characters seems to show up. Wasn't this guy just Man of the Year?
>
> Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

"Persons of the Year" aren't necessarily those above criticism...
Everybody who uses blogs, MySpace, YouTube, etc. (2006), George W Bush (2000, 2004), Rudy Guiliani (2001), Bill Clinton (1992, 1998), Ken Starr (1998), Newt Gingrich (1995). I could go on. Pym's in the company of Hitler and Stalin, as well.
____________________



Posted with Netscape Navigator 8.1.2 on Windows XP
1 2  >> All

Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software