Marvel Universe >> View Thread

Author
Punchdrunk




So Cap and Wolvie are the source of all the Ultimate Universe?
Not much of a surprise if you read the Ultimates and the mutant worshiping love fest that is the Ultimate line.

Nick Fury is a supersoldier who has been around as long as Cap?
Now THAT is interesting.
Builds on the sinister turn things took with Fury in Ultimate Power.

Art wise it went from terrific to infuriatingly obscure.
The jump cuts and angles of the arrest scene and Fury's prison sequence made it very hard to tell what was going on and actually seemed to make the time line appear occasionally flawed.
Example - if Fury and Howlett are arrested at the same time why does it look like Fury has been sitting in the back of the truck for hours when wolvie is being dragged away?
Is he being transported from the US truck to a Canadian one?
Just very unclear film direction and editing.

I will hang in there but I expected a little more WOW you know?


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.14 on Windows 2000
spiderprince




> So Cap and Wolvie are the source of all the Ultimate Universe?
> Not much of a surprise if you read the Ultimates and the mutant worshiping love fest that is the Ultimate line.
>
> Nick Fury is a supersoldier who has been around as long as Cap?
> Now THAT is interesting.
> Builds on the sinister turn things took with Fury in Ultimate Power.
>
> Art wise it went from terrific to infuriatingly obscure.
> The jump cuts and angles of the arrest scene and Fury's prison sequence made it very hard to tell what was going on and actually seemed to make the time line appear occasionally flawed.
> Example - if Fury and Howlett are arrested at the same time why does it look like Fury has been sitting in the back of the truck for hours when wolvie is being dragged away?
> Is he being transported from the US truck to a Canadian one?
> Just very unclear film direction and editing.
>
> I will hang in there but I expected a little more WOW you know?

I expected the decompressed style (it is Bendis afterall) so I found the book pretty enjoyable. I went in not knowing what to expect, but I find myself looking forward to the other issues.

Does it seem to anyone else that Nick Fury is looking like Ultimate Luke Cage?


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Blackagar Boltagon




> > So Cap and Wolvie are the source of all the Ultimate Universe?
> > Not much of a surprise if you read the Ultimates and the mutant worshiping love fest that is the Ultimate line.
> >
> > Nick Fury is a supersoldier who has been around as long as Cap?
> > Now THAT is interesting.
> > Builds on the sinister turn things took with Fury in Ultimate Power.
> >
> > Art wise it went from terrific to infuriatingly obscure.
> > The jump cuts and angles of the arrest scene and Fury's prison sequence made it very hard to tell what was going on and actually seemed to make the time line appear occasionally flawed.
> > Example - if Fury and Howlett are arrested at the same time why does it look like Fury has been sitting in the back of the truck for hours when wolvie is being dragged away?
> > Is he being transported from the US truck to a Canadian one?
> > Just very unclear film direction and editing.
> >
> > I will hang in there but I expected a little more WOW you know?
>
> I expected the decompressed style (it is Bendis afterall) so I found the book pretty enjoyable. I went in not knowing what to expect, but I find myself looking forward to the other issues.
>
> Does it seem to anyone else that Nick Fury is looking like Ultimate Luke Cage?

Does anyone else wonder how the emutant gene got spread around so much if it started with James Hewlett in the Forties? Man, that guy must have gotten it a lot and all over the world to account for the number of Ultimate mutants we've seen so far...


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 4.0 on Windows XP
Pennyforth




> The jump cuts and angles of the arrest scene and Fury's prison sequence made it very hard to tell what was going on and actually seemed to make the time line appear occasionally flawed.
> Example - if Fury and Howlett are arrested at the same time why does it look like Fury has been sitting in the back of the truck for hours when wolvie is being dragged away?
> Is he being transported from the US truck to a Canadian one?
> Just very unclear film direction and editing.

Agreed.

Something I've wondering--was the "symbol" guy that got killed at the beginning of the story supposed to be the Ultimate version of the original Citizen V?


Chuck


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
King.Hyperion




I don't have the issue in front of me, but was it a matter of the gene being discovered in him first or being manufactured in him?


> Does anyone else wonder how the emutant gene got spread around so much if it started with James Hewlett in the Forties? Man, that guy must have gotten it a lot and all over the world to account for the number of Ultimate mutants we've seen so far...


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows Vista
Blackagar Boltagon




> I don't have the issue in front of me, but was it a matter of the gene being discovered in him first or being manufactured in him?
>
>
> > Does anyone else wonder how the emutant gene got spread around so much if it started with James Hewlett in the Forties? Man, that guy must have gotten it a lot and all over the world to account for the number of Ultimate mutants we've seen so far...

James Hewlett is Mutant Zero.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 4.0 on Windows XP
Omar Karindu




> > I don't have the issue in front of me, but was it a matter of the gene being discovered in him first or being manufactured in him?
> >
> >
> > > Does anyone else wonder how the emutant gene got spread around so much if it started with James Hewlett in the Forties? Man, that guy must have gotten it a lot and all over the world to account for the number of Ultimate mutants we've seen so far...
>
> James Hewlett is Mutant Zero.

Well, Ultimate Mutant Zero, anyway. I doubt he's the mystery character in The Initiative series \:\)

- Omar Karindu

"A Renoir. I have three, myself. I had four, but ordered one burned...It displeased me." -- Doctor Doom

"It's not, 'Oh, they killed Sue Dibney and I always loved that character,' it's 'Oh, they broke a story engine that could have told a thousand stories in order to publish a single 'important' one.'" -- John Seavey


Posted with Apple Safari 3.1.1 on MacOS X

Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software