Marvel Universe >> View Thread

Author
Todd Arliss




Although I'm usually against resurrections,I would have to say that the ONE villain I would LOVE to see brought back from the dead is....

Dr. Sun


I have a soft spot for this guy. While he first appeared in TOMB OF DRACULA as a brain in a container,I'm more fond of his appearences as a
brain in a robot body in NOVA. I am pretty sure some writer could find a way to revive him after his apparent death in FF #217. I would love to see him as a member of a new Headmen composed of him, MODAM,Arnim Zola,Brain-Drain,and Headlok.

Anybody else here want to see Dr.Sun revived? Who are your choices for the one baddie you'd like to see resurrected?




Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Dark Marvel


Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008
Posts: 5,946


http://www.comicvine.com/gideon/29-2162/


Former X-Force villain...I always liked the guy. The wealthy business man who lived for Centuries since the Spanish Armada. I would bring him back by saying that Selene took just about 99.7% of his life Force leaving behind a precious .03% That has been growing ever so slowly inside of his corpse and has finally replenished itself to 100%. Then slowly he has been using former business connections to get back to where he formerly was but more behind the scenes, maybe get to some stashed spanish Armada treasure he buried away for a rainy day. When he comes back to his surprise mutants are not only a couple of hundred in number and he would use most of his wealth on experimentaion on how to get former mutants they're power back...and he would come up with it and he would choose and select which mutants would get their power back but only if they worked for him...the possibilities are limitless...




Photobucket
Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows Vista
mjyoung




Sabertooth.

Wolverine is one of Marvel's most popular heroes, probably second only after Spider-Man, in both inside and outside of comics. And his number one villain is Sabertooth, for better or worse.

The character has been up and down in the past, sometimes receiving great treatment, sometimes not. But there are a lot of interesting things you can do with the character.

He obviously serves a unique purpose with regards to villains and Wolverine. Taking the opposite direction of Wolverine, he gives into his animalistic nature.

Killing his was pretty stupid, and didn't serve any purpose at all. It's just a matter of time before he comes back.




Posted with Mozilla Firefox 3.0.9 on Windows XP
Evil G:DR





    Quote:
    http://www.comicvine.com/gideon/29-2162/



    Quote:

    Former X-Force villain...I always liked the guy. The wealthy business man who lived for Centuries since the Spanish Armada. I would bring him back by saying that Selene took just about 99.7% of his life Force leaving behind a precious .03% That has been growing ever so slowly inside of his corpse and has finally replenished itself to 100%. Then slowly he has been using former business connections to get back to where he formerly was but more behind the scenes, maybe get to some stashed spanish Armada treasure he buried away for a rainy day. When he comes back to his surprise mutants are not only a couple of hundred in number and he would use most of his wealth on experimentaion on how to get former mutants they're power back...and he would come up with it and he would choose and select which mutants would get their power back but only if they worked for him...the possibilities are limitless...



It's really some kind of crime against comics that Gideon, Absalom and Crule were killed by a worthless villain like Selene, rather than the other way around. Gideon should get together with Fitzroy and Viper and start a punk band.

Anyways, I have my own choice, who will likely surprise no-one, and I shall talk all all about him tomorrow.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
TJ Burns





In my case, my favorite dead baddy that needs a return would be Cornelius Van Lunt, the only person who was ever able to keep a Zodiac running, apparently. \:\)


TJB


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 4.0 on Windows XP
jwmccay3




Ooh, that's a good one. I remember when I was a kid and in my Easter basket I received the Handbook: Book of the Dead (Yeah, weird, I know), but Dr. Sun was one of the strangest villains I had seen and thought it would be cool to see him make a comeback.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
jwmccay3




I have always been a fan of the second-string characters, including villains. My uncle, who got me into collecting, always thought I was strange, but I just find the second-stringers (and lower) to be more interesting. So on to my choices:

Bragadoom--Villain from Marvel Two-In-One, was literally a mutated vegetable. I think that he would be a cool villain for the Man-Thing--imagine the possibilities of vegetation on vegetation crime.

Sunstroke--Was a villain from the West Coast Avengers early issues, a lackey of Dominus Rex. Just a cool design.

Cuda--One of Darkhawk's nemesis, had an interesting design and background. Thought that Cuda would be a good villain for Namor.

Midnight Sun--Silver Surfer villain who was dressed up like a 1930s gumshoe. Would like to see him with any of the current arcs, but maybe not as a villain, but as an anti-hero type.

Darkoth--A Fantastic Four villain, the man who became the demon was actually one of Ben Grimm's best friends. Cool design, lots of potential, done away with way too early.

Lord Tantalus--I really miss the Blackwulf series...

Hangman--I want the demonic-powered bada$$ from the later West Coast Avengers series. Tough character.

Dr. Demonicus--For that matter, bring his butt back too, along with the Pacific Overlords.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
The Black Guardian

Moderator

Location: Paragon City, RI
Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008



    Quote:
    Midnight Sun--Silver Surfer villain who was dressed up like a 1930s gumshoe. Would like to see him with any of the current arcs, but maybe not as a villain, but as an anti-hero type.

Originally, he was a Shang Chi villain. Technically, he's not dead or shouldn't be. He was last seen hanging with the Inhumans (Silver Surfer #60). I was hoping we'd see him in the Annihilation stuff. Dare I hope we see him in the War of Kings?


    Quote:
    Darkoth--A Fantastic Four villain, the man who became the demon was actually one of Ben Grimm's best friends. Cool design, lots of potential, done away with way too early.

Again, this one is not dead (or shouldn't be). He was last seen hanging in Limbo in Excalibur v1 #39.


    Quote:
    Dr. Demonicus--For that matter, bring his butt back too, along with the Pacific Overlords.

Another who is not dead: Dr. Demonicus is a current associate of the Hood, in recent New Avengers issues.

But I agree with you in that I'd love to see more of these three.




City of Heroes is BACK!
Posted with Mozilla Firefox 3.0.9 on Windows Vista
jwmccay3




Missed the "dead" part of the original message...my bad.

Did not know that Midnight Sun was originally from MOKF...interesting change in the character.

As for Darkoth, I haven't seen him since the mid-1980s and since its impossible to pick up every Marvel book, especially the X books, which I dropped when I was in high school in the mid-1990s. Good to see that he is still active...last I seen him was in the OHOTMU (vol 2) Book of the Dead.

Yeah, I have seen Demonicus pop up in the background, but I would like to see him take more of a prominent role.

Another one that I would like to see resurrected: the original Ani-Men...I think that Death Stalker has been resurrected, let's see them try to take revenge.

Later
McCay


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
The Black Guardian

Moderator

Location: Paragon City, RI
Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008



    Quote:
    Did not know that Midnight Sun was originally from MOKF...interesting change in the character.

Shortly after dying in an issue of Master of Kung Fu, his body was unearthed by some Kree and placed in storage. Apparently, they had the foresight that he would be useful one day. Years later they rejuvenated and enhanced him to send against Silver Surfer.


    Quote:
    As for Darkoth, I haven't seen him since the mid-1980s and since its impossible to pick up every Marvel book, especially the X books, which I dropped when I was in high school in the mid-1990s. Good to see that he is still active...last I seen him was in the OHOTMU (vol 2) Book of the Dead.

Darkoth has a habit of overcoming death, but he is a mystically empowered cyborg, so I guess that's to be expected. He died way back in Fantastic Four. Then he returned in a Thor issue, only to die by the end. Then he returned in Excalibur. He's really one of my favourite forgotten characters of all time.


    Quote:
    Another one that I would like to see resurrected: the original Ani-Men...I think that Death Stalker has been resurrected, let's see them try to take revenge.

I love the original Ani-Men (especially Dragonfly). You've got good taste in villains.




City of Heroes is BACK!
Posted with Mozilla Firefox 3.0.9 on Windows Vista
Madison Carter





    Quote:
    Another one that I would like to see resurrected: the original Ani-Men...I think that Death Stalker has been resurrected, let's see them try to take revenge.


While likely not the originals, a new batch of Ani-Men have shown up, as a new Ape-Man, Bird-Man and Cat-Man showed up in Civil War: War Crimes.




Posted with Mozilla 1.8.1.19 on Windows XP
Todd Arliss





    Quote:

      Quote:
      Another one that I would like to see resurrected: the original Ani-Men...I think that Death Stalker has been resurrected, let's see them try to take revenge.


    I think Death Stalker is still dead.


      Quote:
      While likely not the originals, a new batch of Ani-Men have shown up, as a new Ape-Man, Bird-Man and Cat-Man showed up in Civil War: War Crimes.


I'd like to see that new group again too. I think Marvel should use more of their rarely used 'living' villains instead of resurrecting dead ones like the Hood will be doing in PUNISHER. I would really love to see long unseen baddies like Captain Barracuda,Halflife,The Slasher/Razorblade,and Styx & Stone again. They're still among the living.



Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Corn





    Quote:
    A



Posted with Mozilla Firefox 3.0.6 on MacOS X

Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software