Amazing Spider-Man Message Board >> View Thread

Author
levi




Ok I read spiderman strenght is 10 tons. Is this still the current spiderman strenght.

How strong was spiderman when he was like this

Black spider- how strong was he then

Manspider- anybody know this strenght

spiderman as a vampire- I seen him as a vampire in blade but did his strenght increase as a vampire

Take it he was'nt that strong as a zombie

And last how strong was he as spiderhulk


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Blargh




> Ok I read spiderman strenght is 10 tons. Is this still the current spiderman strenght.
>
> How strong was spiderman when he was like this
>
> Black spider- how strong was he then

Through some (weird) logic, he was never really that powered up with the black costume, probably because of his already augmented strength. He did become more aggressive and was able to use the symibote's power of emulating clothes.

> spiderman as a vampire- I seen him as a vampire in blade but did his strenght increase as a vampire

He wasn't a vampire for long, but he is supposed to reappear in an upcoming arc.


Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.3 on Windows XP
Common-Sense, Tingling!




He’s “classily” a class 10 (ten tons). However he became a class 15 in Disassembled and either a class 25 or a class 20 (the Civil War Battle Damage Report and the Back in Black Handbook say two different things) since the Other.
    
I have no idea what you’re talking about with the vampire thing and I’m not too familiar with Marvel Zombies.

For reasons that never made much sense to me, the symbiote didn’t make Peter any stronger than normal even though it can make a normal person like Eddie Brock stronger than he is.

All we really have to go on with the others are the broad ranges (his typical strength of a four out of seven could be anything from 800 lbs to 25 tons) in the Spider-Man Encyclopedia from about five years back. Spider-Hulk – who was obviously a lot stronger than regular Spidey – has a seven out of seven (which represents anything over 100 tons). Most of the others (Spider-Lizard, Six-Armed Spidey, ect) are listed in the same ballpark as regular Spidey (four out of seven).
spiderhulk


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
rukkdeez




This is as of this month's update book.

Another thing some of you should be aware is you seem to get the strength classes and what they mean all twisted. There IS no "class 15". Being able to lift 15 tons puts you in the "class 25" range which is anywhere from 11 to 25 tons lifting capacity. It kills me every time I read someone messin' this up!

Class 10: 801 lbs to 10 tons:
Nighthawk/1,Beast/2,Tigra/5,Spiderwoman/7,USAgent/10
Class 25: 11 tons to 25 tons:
Lizard/12,Kaine/15,Spider-Man/20,Cage(minimum)/25 at least
Class 50: 26 tons to 50 tons:
Cage/between 26 to 50,Hogun/25,Venom/40,Valkyrie/45,Hyde/50
Class 75: 51 tons to 75 tons-Ironclad/60,Ms Marvel/75 or better
Class 90: 76 tons to 99 tons-Rhino/80,Thing/85,Namor(low end)/85 on average,Iron Man/90 minimum,She Hulk/90 minimum
class 100: 100 tons and up to incalculable levels: Abomination/100,Namor/100 at least, Thor,Hercules,Sentry,Hulk,Thanos,Galactus-middle to top end




> > Ok I read spiderman strenght is 10 tons. Is this still the current spiderman strenght.
> >
> > How strong was spiderman when he was like this
> >
> > Black spider- how strong was he then
>
> Through some (weird) logic, he was never really that powered up with the black costume, probably because of his already augmented strength. He did become more aggressive and was able to use the symibote's power of emulating clothes.
>
> > spiderman as a vampire- I seen him as a vampire in blade but did his strenght increase as a vampire
>
> He wasn't a vampire for long, but he is supposed to reappear in an upcoming arc.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Common-Sense, Tingling!




> This is as of this month's update book.
>
> Another thing some of you should be aware is you seem to get the strength classes and what they mean all twisted. There IS no "class 15". Being able to lift 15 tons puts you in the "class 25" range which is anywhere from 11 to 25 tons lifting capacity. It kills me every time I read someone messin' this up!
>
> Class 10: 801 lbs to 10 tons:
> Nighthawk/1,Beast/2,Tigra/5,Spiderwoman/7,USAgent/10
> Class 25: 11 tons to 25 tons:
> Lizard/12,Kaine/15,Spider-Man/20,Cage(minimum)/25 at least
> Class 50: 26 tons to 50 tons:
> Cage/between 26 to 50,Hogun/25,Venom/40,Valkyrie/45,Hyde/50
> Class 75: 51 tons to 75 tons-Ironclad/60,Ms Marvel/75 or better
> Class 90: 76 tons to 99 tons-Rhino/80,Thing/85,Namor(low end)/85 on average,Iron Man/90 minimum,She Hulk/90 minimum
> class 100: 100 tons and up to incalculable levels: Abomination/100,Namor/100 at least, Thor,Hercules,Sentry,Hulk,Thanos,Galactus-middle to top end
>
>
>
>

Sure, never mind that its needlessly complicated and downright misleading to have a system that lumps the guy who can lift two tons in with the robot that can lift ten (though still better than the current one which lumps them both in with the woman who can lift twenty).

I think I’ll stick to doing it the “wrong” way and listing people’s “classes” as what they can actually lift. In Peter’s case the most recent Handbook says that’s twenty tons. The one from two years ago (Post Disassembled but Pre-Other) said fifteen tons. Classically he’s been able to lift ten tons but that was back when the “Spidey gets new powers” stories were more rare and didn’t tend to stick.




Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
sononsj




> Ok I read spiderman strenght is 10 tons. Is this still the current spiderman strenght.

No it's 25.

> How strong was spiderman when he was like this
>
> Black spider- how strong was he then
>
> Manspider- anybody know this strenght
>
> spiderman as a vampire- I seen him as a vampire in blade but did his strenght increase as a vampire

Don't think it increased.

> Take it he was'nt that strong as a zombie

Same strength level.

> And last how strong was he as spiderhulk

Not as strong as the Hulk but still a lot stronger than normal.


-----
Visit the Marvel Gazette for comic news, EXCLUSIVE interviews with Chris Giarusso, Norman Felchle, Mike Oeming, Tom DeFalco, and Kurt Busiek, as well as Bullpen Bits by Chris G, and daily Spider-Man newspaper strips! Advertise on my site! Click on the link, and then on the "Contact Us" page to find out how!
Anouncing Operation: Free Comic Book. A new FREE comic will be posted EVERY DAY! Today's FREE comic:
SPIDER-MAN LOVES MARY JANE #1
www.freewebs.com/marvelgazette


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
rukkdeez




> > This is as of this month's update book.
> >
> > Another thing some of you should be aware is you seem to get the strength classes and what they mean all twisted. There IS no "class 15". Being able to lift 15 tons puts you in the "class 25" range which is anywhere from 11 to 25 tons lifting capacity. It kills me every time I read someone messin' this up!
> >
> > Class 10: 801 lbs to 10 tons:
> > Nighthawk/1,Beast/2,Tigra/5,Spiderwoman/7,USAgent/10
> > Class 25: 11 tons to 25 tons:
> > Lizard/12,Kaine/15,Spider-Man/20,Cage(minimum)/25 at least
> > Class 50: 26 tons to 50 tons:
> > Cage/between 26 to 50,Hogun/25,Venom/40,Valkyrie/45,Hyde/50
> > Class 75: 51 tons to 75 tons-Ironclad/60,Ms Marvel/75 or better
> > Class 90: 76 tons to 99 tons-Rhino/80,Thing/85,Namor(low end)/85 on average,Iron Man/90 minimum,She Hulk/90 minimum
> > class 100: 100 tons and up to incalculable levels: Abomination/100,Namor/100 at least, Thor,Hercules,Sentry,Hulk,Thanos,Galactus-middle to top end
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
> Sure, never mind that its needlessly complicated and downright misleading to have a system that lumps the guy who can lift two tons in with the robot that can lift ten (though still better than the current one which lumps them both in with the woman who can lift twenty).
>
> I think I’ll stick to doing it the “wrong” way and listing people’s “classes” as what they can actually lift. In Peter’s case the most recent Handbook says that’s twenty tons. The one from two years ago (Post Disassembled but Pre-Other) said fifteen tons. Classically he’s been able to lift ten tons but that was back when the “Spidey gets new powers” stories were more rare and didn’t tend to stick.

You can do whatever you like of course, but the problem with that is if everyone does it their own way, then when it's time to discuss or debate, no one will be on the same page. We can be engaged in a debate and we're not even talking about the same thing!
>
>


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
KP




> > Ok I read spiderman strenght is 10 tons. Is this still the current spiderman strenght.
>
> No it's 25.
>
> > How strong was spiderman when he was like this
> >
> > Black spider- how strong was he then
I belive he was stronger as black spiderman. I remember in the cartoon he tlak about how his strenght increase. I remembered he manhandled the Rhino
> >
> > Manspider- anybody know this strenght
> >
> > spiderman as a vampire- I seen him as a vampire in blade but did his strenght increase as a vampire
>
> Don't think it increased.
>
> > Take it he was'nt that strong as a zombie
>
> Same strength level.
>
> > And last how strong was he as spiderhulk
>
> Not as strong as the Hulk but still a lot stronger than normal.
>
>
> -----
> Visit the Marvel Gazette for comic news, EXCLUSIVE interviews with Chris Giarusso, Norman Felchle, Mike Oeming, Tom DeFalco, and Kurt Busiek, as well as Bullpen Bits by Chris G, and daily Spider-Man newspaper strips! Advertise on my site! Click on the link, and then on the "Contact Us" page to find out how!
> Anouncing Operation: Free Comic Book. A new FREE comic will be posted EVERY DAY! Today's FREE comic:
> SPIDER-MAN LOVES MARY JANE #1
> www.freewebs.com/marvelgazette


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 5 on Windows 98
Common-Sense, Tingling!





> > > How strong was spiderman when he was like this
> > >
> > > Black spider- how strong was he then
> I belive he was stronger as black spiderman. I remember in the cartoon he tlak about how his strenght increase. I remembered he manhandled the Rhino



Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
StanthamanLee




The references were not blatant or obvious - and at the time I first read them, I didn't think to myself "hmmmm . . . Spidey seems to be stronger or faster wearing this new alien suit . . ."

However (and I can't recall if it was in an interview with Tom Defalco, or what), there was discussion from writers that specifically referenced ASM #254 and I think other Spidey comics of that time (prior to ASM #258) as examples showing that the intent was that Sidey WAS indeed slightly stronger and faster when wearing the alien suit.

I can't think of the others off the top of my head, but in ASM #254, Jack O' Lantern "says" (in a thought balloon) something to the effect of Spidey being faster and stronger than he remembered.

That specific reference by itself, would not have mede me think that the suit was truly making him stronger/faster - and since Jack had fought Spidey only once before I believe, I just figured the writer was trying to impress upon the reader just how in-over-his-head Jack was, and/or that Spidey was older now and maybe he has gotten even stronger since the last time Jack & he met . . .

But apparently the writers at the time DID intend that (and apparently other references) to show that the symbiote made Peter stronger/faster - so I believe and accept that interpretation, as it was confirmede by the creative team(s) at the time . . .

-Stan


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
Cypher




> Ok I read spiderman strenght is 10 tons. Is this still the current spiderman strenght.
>
> How strong was spiderman when he was like this
>
> Black spider- how strong was he then
>
> Manspider- anybody know this strenght
>
> spiderman as a vampire- I seen him as a vampire in blade but did his strenght increase as a vampire
>
> Take it he was'nt that strong as a zombie
>
> And last how strong was he as spiderhulk

I find it is difficult to assess Spiderman's strength at any given time, or any superhero for that matter.

Most of the time strength or superpowers are largely dependant upon who is writing the comic and just how they feel about the character.

Some examples of this can be seen in "The Other" story arc in which Spidey had spikes he was able to shoot out of his wrists. Have we seen them since? I don't recall them making any more appearances and i'm not complaining about that either.

On the issue of Spiderman being stronger while in the venom suit: I can recall reading a few comics in which he donned the suit, yet displayed no extraordinary strength (beyond that of usual). It is true that in the cartoon the symbiote gave him the power to lift a fire truck, I believe it was, however the cartoon can't be taken as canon.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Comp




> Some examples of this can be seen in "The Other" story arc in which Spidey had spikes he was able to shoot out of his wrists. Have we seen them since? I don't recall them making any more appearances and i'm not complaining about that either.
>

They've made appearances in Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man.

-Comp


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP

Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software