Avengers >> View Post
·
Post By
BlakGard

In Reply To
Brand Echh

Subj: Re: Who CAN'T you trust? And why? [NEW AVENGERS 31 SPOILERS]
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 at 02:36:49 am EDT
Reply Subj: Who CAN'T you trust? And why? [NEW AVENGERS 31 SPOILERS]
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 at 12:39:45 am EDT

Previous Post

Alright, so it's Skrulls... so lets assume they've infested themselves in key places, where might they be?

I'm sure the X-Men will be involved in some way, but none of Whedon's team will be a Skrull and I doubt the New X-Men would have one, but it's possible.

I don't think any of the ongoing solo heroes have been replaced.. they did that with Wolverine a few years back and it cheapened the stories (it also meant every issue by Larsen did not technically have Wolverine in it).

It's not Maria Sharpe because, well, that would change the meaning of Civil War, wouldn't it?

Also, don't assume that just because we've seen internal monologue it isn't a Skrull. On multiple occassions the Skrulls have brainwashed their own operatives.

I doubt any of the Thunderbolts have been replaced.

So... here's my list:

Maria Hill - yes, it's the obvious choice, but at least one high-ranking official needs to be obvious.

Baby Cage - well dur.

Wonder Man - I'm thinking some time between the PAD series and Mighty.

Trauma - yes, it may be obvious because he has shape-shifting powers, but he's also the one with the least backstory in the Initiative.

Justice - he always wants to know what's going on and puts up just enough of a fight to seem displeased, but he always does as he's told and keeps secrets anyway.

Ditto from She-Hulk - wouldn't that be a trip? Okay, probably not.

Iron Man - I really want Tony to be a Skrull... not because I want to negate Civil War, that was all Tony, but because it would be the biggest coup the invaders could possibly make. It can't be him, however, as he's too central to World War Hulk right now.

Villains - I would not be surprised if a lot of villains have been replace (because seriously, who would think to check?!), and hey, Punisher just freed up a bunch of identities!

Who's on your list?



> Alright, so it's Skrulls... so lets assume they've infested
> themselves in key places, where might they be?
>
> I'm sure the X-Men will be involved in some way, but none of Whedon's
> team will be a Skrull and I doubt the New X-Men would have one, but
> it's possible.

Honestly, I'd prefer it if they didn't involve the X-Men in this. They've been through (and are going through) enough. Also, Whedon doesn't have a team anymore (unless you count the Runaways, who already have a Skrull). By the time this story even gears up, his run will be a distant memory (for those who even choose to remember it).

> I don't think any of the ongoing solo heroes have been replaced..
> they did that with Wolverine a few years back and it cheapened the
> stories (it also meant every issue by Larsen did not technically have
> Wolverine in it).

Frankly, I'd kiss JoeyQ's stanky feet if they said Wolverine has been a Skrull since at least the last Skrullverine. Everything he's done since has been utter crap.

> It's not Maria Sharpe because, well, that would change the meaning of
> Civil War, wouldn't it?

You mean Miriam Sharpe, and no, I don't think it would necessarily change the meaning of Civil War. Bendis dropped the line about Extremis maybe being started by the Skrull, which would make all of Tony's actions since suspect. Regardless of whether or not that turns out to be true, Miriam Sharpe's no different. I really doubt they will make Tony a Skrull, but I can see him being manipulated by Skrulls.

> Also, don't assume that just because we've seen internal monologue it
> isn't a Skrull. On multiple occassions the Skrulls have brainwashed
> their own operatives.

True, even if it is just making excuses for bad writing. I'd really hope they not use such tripe in this story.

> I doubt any of the Thunderbolts have been replaced.

I don't think we can rule them out. Penance could very well be a Skrull. Oddly survived Stamford. Acting abnormally. Hmm... how Skrully.
____________________




Posted with Netscape Navigator 8.1.3 on Windows XP
Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software
All the content of these boards Copyright © 1996-2022 by Comicboards/TVShowboards. Software Copyright © 2003-2022 Powermad Software