Avengers >> View Post
·



Post By
CyberCoyote

In Reply To
Century: Your Alien Hero

Subj: Re: Really.
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 at 08:16:17 pm CST
Reply Subj: Re: Really.
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 at 09:38:38 pm CST

Previous Post

> The whole Illuminati thing never actually happened until Bendis and company decided to say it happened, and they only created this whole thing to create the stuff they've spun out of it. When all those past stories took place the original writers wrote their characters winning WITHOUT the Illuminati, then they say the Illuminati was behind it.
>
> So they had to MAKE the Illuminati to create the problems they've caused and the only real reason to do it was to set all this up. They are the catalysts for everything that happens AFTER they wrote the stories because that's what the whole thing was designed for. I'll agree with the original poster because these things wouldn't be happening if not for the set up they are intrinsically responsible for, and nothing that EVER was written in the past had a single thing to do with the Illuminati so they can only be responsible for anything positive by retroactively SAYING they were even though we know not a single writer in the past was setting all this up.

The one and only "event set in the past" that this groups have been inserted into, which actually has had any effect at all, is their attack on the Skrulls, and given the sheer number of times they've attacked Earth anyway, it's hardly like Marvel "needed" the Illuminati to "set up" a chain of events leading to Secret Invasion. You can "set it up" just as easily with a single page of Skrulls deciding "It's Monday again. Time to conquer Earth."

The Illuminati failed to prevent Secret Wars 2 by telling the Beyonder to leave Earth alone, and haven't been "inserted" into any other past storylines at all, at least so far.

> WITHOUT the Illuminati stuff we could still have these stories, true, because without enemies the MU gets dull. I still like it when the bad guys can come up with devious plots themselves without the 'Heroes' screwing everything up to get it all started.

I tend to think that the reason this is happening Right Here Right Now has less to do with anything humans have done to Skrulls, and more to do with Annihilus' forces crushing the Skrull empire into the dirt.

> Remember kids, The EIC of Marvel says that smoking is bad, divorce is bad, but Satanic Pacts are A-OK!

Well, yeah, clearly The Devil is less-worse than smoking, or marriage. Shouldn't you be picking on "heroes" who think it's OK to make deals with The Devil, over supergeniuses trying to do what's best for the world?


> The Illuminati failed to prevent Secret Wars 2 by telling the Beyonder to leave Earth alone, and haven't been "inserted" into any other past storylines at all, at least so far.

I assumed they eluded to them doing more. Musta misunderstood posts on the series. Only ones I ever actually bought were the first of the original series and last of the.. uh.. er..last.


> I tend to think that the reason this is happening Right Here Right Now has less to do with anything humans have done to Skrulls, and more to do with Annihilus' forces crushing the Skrull empire into the dirt.

It seemed that when the first Annihilation was coming out Bendis and Co had no idea what it was all about, I remember the editor for Annihilation (forget his name) posting regularly on another board (very nice fellow, handled negativity really well)and THEY didn't know what was going on in the Avengers/regular books and pretty much vice-versa. The nod then was there was no coordination between the two and Bendis' Skrull plot had been conceived completely separate from Annihilation. They really should, if they have not, tie the two together, now. If Annihilation hadn't been such a huge success they'd probably ignore it (Reed ran into Super Skrull when it all started and never seemed to care a bit that someone from the Negative Zone was attacking the universe). But as you say, it puts the Skrulls in a desperate situation and gives a lot more purpose to them. Sometimes the fans do a better job of justifying stuff than the writers. Heck, WITHOUT the Illuminati it could come to this, one Skrull agent could gather the genetic materials or whatever it was they nabbed from the Illins.

> > Remember kids, The EIC of Marvel says that smoking is bad, divorce is bad, but Satanic Pacts are A-OK!
>
> Well, yeah, clearly The Devil is less-worse than smoking, or marriage. Shouldn't you be picking on "heroes" who think it's OK to make deals with The Devil, over supergeniuses trying to do what's best for the world?

Nah, I only like picking on the real people in my sigs \:\) I still Think Pete needs to burn in Heck for what he decided, and Reed and Stark need to get force fed some humble pie. Actually it looks like McDuffie baked some up for his last issue of FF coming out next week.








CyberCoyote-=^..^=-



Remember kids, The EIC of Marvel says that smoking is bad, divorce is bad, but Satanic Pacts are A-OK!
Posted with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.11 on Windows Vista
Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software
All the content of these boards Copyright © 1996-2022 by Comicboards/TVShowboards. Software Copyright © 2003-2022 Powermad Software