Subj: Re: Okay, let's get into this... (And everyone is welcome to join in!)Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 at 03:07:19 pm CDT (Viewed 219 times)
Reply Subj: Re: Okay, let's get into this... (And everyone is welcome to join in!)
Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 at 02:08:47 pm CDT (Viewed 219 times)
Quote:Kind of agree... my point with Cap was that right from the beginning there have been members connected with other franchises. In fact, even the founding members were more connected with their own franchises than the team... that is kind of the point. "...When earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat."
Quote:The Avengers, more than the FF, X-Men, Defenders or others are intended to bring heroes together. Iron Man was his own brand. So was Thor, the Hulk, Giant Man/Wasp. So, for me, an Avenger's previous connection isn't a deterrent from them joining.
Quote:WCA #4 (I think it was issue 4) is a great example of this. The Thing joins and a lot of the discussion has to do with what a coup it would be to have a former member of the FF join the Avengers. I think if members of other "franchises" join it should be a bigger deal... I don't think that becoming a member has the same status as it used to. THAT is my issue... not what franchises new members were connected with.
Quote:As far as Crystal only being loosely tied to the FF... She had at least 2 stints as a member. I know the second stint was fairly long. How much closer should the ties be?
Quote:I realize that you addressed Justice, Firestar, Beast and Namor in your initial post. Did you notice I was going through the members in a basically chronological manner and indicating which ones had ties to other franchises?
Sorry, I didn't notice the chronological walkthrough, no.
But hey, I think whent it really boils down to it? We're pretty much on the same page.
Yep, I guess we are!
Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 4.0; on Windows XP
All the content of these boards Copyright © 1996-2022 by Comicboards/TVShowboards. Software Copyright © 2003-2022 Powermad Software
- Avengers, Marvel, etc... · Snowstorm · Tue Jul 10, 2012 at 06:30:18 pm CDT
- Re: Avengers, Marvel, etc... (no text) · stovap ah man! remember floating heads???!(nt) · Wed Jul 11, 2012 at 06:51:50 pm CDT
- MNow is probably going to be my jumping off point. · Quantum · Wed Jul 11, 2012 at 01:03:54 pm CDT
- Re: Avengers, Marvel, etc... · Jazzy · Wed Jul 11, 2012 at 12:16:49 pm CDT
- Re: Avengers, Marvel, etc... · Happy Hogan · Wed Jul 11, 2012 at 11:43:14 am CDT
- Re: Avengers, Marvel, etc... · Hank · Wed Jul 11, 2012 at 09:55:27 am CDT
- I'll give it a chance · PCmor · Tue Jul 10, 2012 at 09:57:27 pm CDT
- Re: Avengers, Marvel, etc... · Doc Boomstick · Tue Jul 10, 2012 at 08:58:49 pm CDT
- Re: Avengers, Marvel, etc... · Methuselah · Tue Jul 10, 2012 at 08:24:50 pm CDT
- Re: Avengers, Marvel, etc... · StormBringer · Tue Jul 10, 2012 at 07:59:12 pm CDT