Batman >> View Post
·
Post By
Icon

In Reply To
CensusTaker

Subj: Re: I disagree
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 at 04:52:11 am EDT
Reply Subj: I disagree
Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 at 10:28:42 pm EDT

Previous Post

> > > > Hi, during the first Hush storyline the Riddler knew Batmans secret id. Whatever happened to that? Does he not still know?
> > >
> > > Dini established in his first issue that the Riddler had spent the previous year in a coma, and when he recovered he barely knew who HE was, so he no longer knows Batman's identity.
> >
> > Then the Ridler was shown holding his had over a photograph of bruce wayne, declaring "of course, it was him!" or some such, infering that he may indeed remember who Bats really is.
>
> He's sitting at his desk with no photo near him and says "Heh, Eddie you idiot, it was HIM all along". He's referring to the fact that Batman was the one who had outsmarted him and actually solved the case. No reference to Bruce Wayne I think... though Dini could make sucha twist work, though Riddler knowing the secret more or less renders him useless as a character IMHO.


I believe Eddie not knowing the secret would make him useless as a character (he's supposed to be all about riddles and puzzles and clues and he hasn't figured out the identity of his greatest opponant yet?! When tim Drake did! Come on!) And I see absolutely no reason why Eddie knowing that Bats is Bruce would actualyl change his behavior at all (he wouldn't tell anyone- because where'd the fun be in that? He like shaving Batman around, almost as much as the Joker does. He enjoys having a peer.)


> I believe Eddie not knowing the secret would make him useless as a character

It's worked nicely for the past 60+ years! \:\)

>(he's supposed to be all about riddles and puzzles and clues and he hasn't figured out the identity of his greatest opponant yet?!

Yup, that's what drives him. And he can't cheat on this one, he has to work it all out.

>When tim Drake did! Come on!)

Tim isn't a mentally disturbed obsessive, he can think clearly and unemcumbered by expectations (He was about five or six when he made the connection. Plus Tim is, by Bruce's estimation, a brilliant natural detectiv, and he has made a knack of figuring out other people's ID's too)

>And I see absolutely no reason why Eddie knowing that Bats is Bruce would actualyl change his behavior at all (he wouldn't tell anyone- because where'd the fun be in that? He like shaving Batman around, almost as much as the Joker does. He enjoys having a peer.)

Not so sure about that, I see where you're coming from, but Riddler doesn't seem the kind to want a peer, he want's to be #1, and whilst it's good to have a worthy challenger, he want's that challenger to know who the _really_ smart one is.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
  •   quick Riddler question · DXD · Sat Apr 21, 2007 at 07:11:01 am EDT
    •   Nope · Icon · Sat Apr 21, 2007 at 08:38:02 am EDT
      •   Re: Nope · DXD · Sat Apr 21, 2007 at 08:55:25 pm EDT
        •   Re: Nope · Icon · Sat Apr 21, 2007 at 09:15:00 pm EDT
          •   Re: Nope · TJ Burns · Sat Apr 21, 2007 at 09:16:48 pm EDT
            •   Re: Nope · Omar Karindu · Sun Apr 22, 2007 at 12:01:40 pm EDT
              •   Re: Nope · Icon · Sun Apr 22, 2007 at 01:38:17 pm EDT
                •   Re: Nope · TJ Burns · Sun Apr 22, 2007 at 05:15:55 pm EDT
                  •   Re: Nope · CensusTaker · Sun Apr 22, 2007 at 10:31:42 pm EDT
                    •   Re: Nope · Icon · Mon Apr 23, 2007 at 04:44:43 am EDT
                      •   Re: Nope · CensusTaker · Mon Apr 23, 2007 at 11:32:15 pm EDT
      •   but... · Big Daddy Dale · Sat Apr 21, 2007 at 03:22:58 pm EDT
        •   Re: but... · Icon · Sat Apr 21, 2007 at 04:07:04 pm EDT
          •   I disagree · CensusTaker · Sun Apr 22, 2007 at 10:28:42 pm EDT
Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software
All the content of these boards Copyright © 1996-2022 by Comicboards/TVShowboards. Software Copyright © 2003-2022 Powermad Software