So what do you want the Batman status quo to be like after R.I.P.? Myself:
- The drug charges against Thomas Wayne will turn out to be real. The Wayne family reputation will have been ruined by the events of R.I.P.
- R.I.P. will end with a callback to the ending to the Knightfall saga, where Bruce told Jean-Paul that he was Bruce Wayne, and Batman was just a mask. Devastated mentally and physically by the Danse Macabre, after Bruce defeats Dr. Hurt, he will suffer a complete emotional breakdown. Tim will call Julie Madison who will arrive and in an emotional scene, a tearful Bruce will beg his first love to "save me."
- R.I.P. will end with a shot of Bruce and Julie working for the Peace Corps. in a devastated village in Darfur. The final shot will be of Bruce handing out food rations to starving children while Julie looks on, smiling and the narration will read "My name is Bruce Wayne. Once, I helped people as The Batman, but now I help people under my real name. Someday, a long time from now, maybe The Bat will return, but for right now I'm content to just find out who Bruce Wayne really is."
- Tim will take over as Batman, while Dick is seperated more from the Bat-Family to focus on Starfire and Titans.
- Stephanie Brown will once again become the new Robin, and will take over as the main character of the Robin solo series.
- Alfred will have been beaten to death by Monsieur Le Bossu and his thugs.
- Tim and Steph will operate largely independently of the old Bat-Family. Tim will use his dad's old house as his HQ while Steph operates out of her mother's home. Tim and Steph will be equal partners rather than hero-sidekick.
- This will mark the end of Bruce Wayne as a central character in the DCU for the next few years as Tim takes over as Batman in both the Bat titles and the JLA. The Outsiders and Titans will be cancelled while Teen Titans sees a roster that is a hybrid of past and present incarnations with Nightwing, Starfire, Beast Boy, and Cyborg joining Wonder Girl, and the HIV-positive Speedy to reflect a "classic" line-up of sorts of superhero sidekicks. The Puppet Master will also return to his early 80's costume.
> So what do you want the Batman status quo to be like after R.I.P.? Myself:
Batman dies in horrific agony.
Then Batman awakens and discovers the whole Morrison run was just a toxic induced comma resulting from exposure to Scarecrow's fear gas.
Steve Englehart, Matt Wagner, and Neal Adams begin a new run on Batman ignoring completely Morrison's horror and giving everyone the real Batman culminating in Batman retiring after bringing an end to crime in Gotham City for decades to come.