Mod of Steel
Location: The Bottle City of Kandor
Member Since: Sun Oct 10, 1999
Subj: well, myslef, my wife and my brothers CANNOT wait! ( nt ) Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 at 10:39:21 pm EDT
Reply Subj: Meh.
Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 at 07:26:22 pm EDT (Viewed 287 times)
| > I'm seen a lot of good reviews for the movie, but it hasn't increased by desire to see it. I saw the first one in the theatre and rewatched it last week at home. Sure, it's gritty, dark and "realistic" -- but I also found it heavy, depressing and gloomy.|
> Like my comics, I like my comic book movies to be bright, light and leave me with a feeling of hope and optimism. Make no mistake, I don't want rainbow-colored camp like "Batman and Robin." But for my money, "Batman Begins" was too much realism.
> There's got to -- no, there is a medium between the leather-clad nipple-protruding, technicolor goth candyland of the Burton/Schumacher films and the dank, depressing gloomfest of "Batman Begins." Filmmakers have just yet to find it.
> I can see why people enjoyed "Batman Begins." But that doesn't mean I have to. :-/
Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
All the content of these boards Copyright © 1996-2022 by Comicboards/TVShowboards. Software Copyright © 2003-2022 Powermad Software
- Rolling Stone's review of The Dark Knight (SPOILERS if it wasn't obvious) · The Anti-Life Equation · Fri Jun 27, 2008 at 09:21:40 pm EDT
- Meh. · omike015 · Tue Jul 01, 2008 at 07:26:22 pm EDT
- Re: Meh. · RodimusBen Batman Begins, DEPRESSING!? · Fri Jul 04, 2008 at 03:27:17 am EDT
- Re: Meh. · jwd · Thu Jul 03, 2008 at 04:29:52 pm EDT
- Re: Meh. · Icon · Thu Jul 03, 2008 at 08:03:24 am EDT
- Nolan's Batman just isn't....Batman....to me. Just doesn't feel like him. nt · Acroyear_of_Spartak · Wed Jul 02, 2008 at 04:41:22 pm EDT
- Re: Meh? · Solar Samurai · Wed Jul 02, 2008 at 12:58:53 pm EDT
- there was · CrimsonThunder · Wed Jul 02, 2008 at 09:19:21 am EDT
- well, myslef, my wife and my brothers CANNOT wait! ( nt ) · stupid baby · Tue Jul 01, 2008 at 10:39:21 pm EDT