Subj: Well if you include Ion/Sodam Yat in the list of Herald Busters, Mongul with the rings...Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 at 12:33:34 pm EDT (Viewed 85 times)
Reply Subj: Re: Some more to your list...
Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 at 12:01:10 pm EDT
| > > |
> > > Thanks to vermin for bringing this up yesterday.
> > >
> > > Now I want to populate it. Basically, just think of a character who, without too much effort, annihilates a herald character or battles a group of heralds and prime metas.
> > >
> > Using just the definitions above...
> > Post power-up Nefaria
> > WWIII Black Adam (he did battle the combined JLA & JSA teams to a draw)
> Yeah, but he had similar showings before, under his own power IIRC...
> with Isis' power he SHOULD be, but didn't show anything more than his normal levels used effectively IMO.
> > Graviton
> He had one good showing in Thunderbolts where he blindsided all the worlds heroes, but aside from that, he's done nothing out of line with a high end Surfer or Thor issue. Thor has defeated him head to head as well.
> All in all, with his high end showings factored in, he's a solid herald IMO.
> > Red Hulk (qualifies under the "without too much effort annihilates a herald level character" part of your defintion)
> > Sentry pre-Mighty Avengers (he did annihilate Terrax...)
> even post Mighty Avengers is somewhat ambiguous, so yeah, Sentry is there
> > Onslaught
> > 8th Day Juggernaut
> > Mongul with yellow rings
> maybe a low end
... should be even higher based on his performance against the same Sodam who was also at the time backed up in that fight by some top tier GLs.
Spoilers from GL Corps #26 below:
| > |
> > KC Superman (may be borderline here)
> IMO he's a high end herald.
> > Black Mary (before losing her powers in defeating Eclypso)
> maybe...maybe top end herald...at best the bottom end of this category...Isis' powers didn't seem to make her stronger, faster, or more durable, just add a significant amount of other mystic powers, which makes her more like Thor or Surfer, who has comparable physical stats and huge levels of EP as well...such capacity would move a mid range herald like Mary, CM, or even Superman to the top tier category IMO, but because of the combat speed advantage MAY put her slightly over the edge...
> > War Hulk
> > World War Hulk
> > > Agree/Disagree and add more!
> > >
> > > Thanos (for pwning SS among other)
> > > Fernus (for pwning Supes among others)
> > > Mordru
> > > Durok
> > > Desak
> > > Morg WOL
> > > Lord Tantalus
> > > Titannus
> > > Cyborg Supes w/rings
> > > PE Zuras
> > > Tyrant
> > > Highfather
> > > Takion
> > > The Doctor
> > > Dr. Manhatten
> > > Solar
> > > Superboy Prime
> > > Ion Sodam Yat
> > > Karnilla
> > > Monarch
> > > Molecule Man
> > > HP Doomsday
> > > Phoenix (GOTG)
> > > The Void
> > > Super Adaptoid
> > > Amazo
> > > Annihilus (Annihilation)
> > > Afro Magus
> > > Runner
> > > Grandmaster
> > > Champion w/gem
> > > Mangog (recent)
> > > Destroyer
> > > Despero (V&V)
Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
All the content of these boards Copyright © 1996-2022 by Comicboards/TVShowboards. Software Copyright © 2003-2022 Powermad Software
- The Heraldbuster Class · Amor Fati · Tue Aug 26, 2008 at 09:23:53 am EDT
- Classic Thor is easily on Thano's tier. · MjolnirsPower · Tue Aug 26, 2008 at 02:01:17 pm EDT
- Thanks guys... · Amor Fati · Tue Aug 26, 2008 at 12:11:35 pm EDT
- Hela, Captain Universe - Spiderman, Watcher, Jakeem Thunder, Johnny Sorrow nt · The Comedian · Tue Aug 26, 2008 at 11:54:44 am EDT
- Re: The Heraldbuster Class · Sinister · Tue Aug 26, 2008 at 11:49:40 am EDT
- Re: The Heraldbuster Class · Thorion · Tue Aug 26, 2008 at 11:17:30 am EDT
- Some more to your list... · Maestro · Tue Aug 26, 2008 at 11:08:32 am EDT
- Re: The Heraldbuster Class · Braugi · Tue Aug 26, 2008 at 10:03:46 am EDT
- I'd take off Durok and Despero. · vermin · Tue Aug 26, 2008 at 09:56:30 am EDT
- Re: The Heraldbuster Class · Hatman · Tue Aug 26, 2008 at 09:44:37 am EDT