Comic Battle >> View Post
·
Post By
Defensor

In Reply To
atrimus

Location: Saint Louis, MO
Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008
Posts: 2,463
Subj: Re: Eight questions because I'm bored.
Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 at 12:38:11 pm EDT (Viewed 107 times)
Reply Subj: Eight questions because I'm bored.
Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 at 05:20:25 pm EDT (Viewed 154 times)


> why eight? because i couldn't think of a ninth.
>
> 1. assume you have Superman Prime-level durability. which assualt would you rather take (no choices; you have to take one): Thor's Godblast, Destroyer's Disintegration Beams, or a throat-rattling scream from Black Bolt?
IMO, Godblast > Disintegration Beams > BB Scream
So given that, I'd rather have BB's scream, it's the weakest of the 3.

> 2. assume you're Hulk, and you're submerged 2,000 under sea level. who would you rather fight for the easier bout: Namor or Aquaman?
Aquaman. Namor's already fought him rather evenly in the past under water, and it's already been established AM's durability isn't as high as Namor's.

> 3. assume you can fly, have class-100 strength, Quicksilver reflexes, Luke Cage's durability, Dr. Doom's intelligence, Emma Frost-level telepathy, and Binary-level ep; which team do you think you would have better chances against: Big-7 JLA, Infinity Watch (each with a gem), or the Defenders?
Big 7 JLA. Several of them are gonna go down to Binary level EP and/or Emma Frost level Telepathic assault. The remainder can either be BFR'd and/or beaten down in time with repeated use of Quicksilver speed punching and attacks.

> 4. to date, what has been the greatest story arc ever told in Marvel or DC?
I really liked how the Secret Wars played out that first time. Wasn't too much liking the second one. There's others just as good as the first one, though. Death of Superman and the Reign of the Supermen was pretty good too.


> 5. assume you're a newely conceived herald-level brick, and you're a villain. who would you rather be the publisher of your fate: Marvel or DC? (keep in mind, you will be a main-stay character for the duration of that company's existance)
Marvel, because DC has WAY too many reboots and redesigning after-the-fact of all the battles and how things went down. Marvel at least keeps their editing and writing teams in-continuity far more than DC does. However, it still hasn't stopped me from purchasing roughly even numbers of Marvel/DC publications throughout all this time, either.

> 6. if given the choice, who would you rather have as your benefactor: Cyttorak, Visahnti, SHAZAM! or Nabu?
Vishanti is more powerful than any other others, IMO. So why not them?

> 7. what sub-teambuster hero in Marvel or DC has the most powerful and most impressive rogues gallary?
Possibly Thor, Superman, Green Lantern Corps, & Silver Surfer. All their typical enemies are rather powerful and impressive overall.

> 8. what would you say is the single-most overrated thing on the board? (could be a writer, a character, a powerset, a power-catagory, a publisher, etc.)
To me, DC's constant reboots. If they would just buckle down and force their creative writing/editing teams to stay in continuity like Marvel does, then there would be WAY less reboots. I REALLY hate the reboots DC does.



Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP
Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software
All the content of these boards Copyright © 1996-2022 by Comicboards/TVShowboards. Software Copyright © 2003-2022 Powermad Software