Subj: I do, Either way. If not he's a sitting duck afterwards...ntPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 at 09:47:20 pm EDT
Reply Subj: actually, I don't think Thanos would one shot him...
Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 at 09:31:30 pm EDT
| > especially if its a punch, though Thanos' EP might be able to if it was one of his bigger blasts.|
> That said, MM has to fight a Fernuslike fight, but if he does so and uses his abilities in tandem as he has done a couple times, then he's got a pretty good shot.
> > That MM is fighting with 110% of his ability the entire fight *and* that he doesnt job at all. Since jobbing and fighting poorly are consistant with the history of the character, and average portrayal of MM has him at a disadvantage against most opponents in his own weight class. Against an low level skyfather MM is going to be one shoted. Im afraid that Braugis defense below for why MM has a chance only works in 1/100 fights because you have to assume MM uses everything he has at his disposal and never gets hit. This NEVER happens. Again its the old DC wins every time philosophy of super speed = win. We know that this just doesn't happen. Now lets say that MM hits Thanos 1000 times and Thanos only gets 1 hit. Thanos wins. After taking even a single shot from Thanos MM is off his A game and stunned leaving him a sitting duck for anything else Thanos has.
> > This is a mismatch. Baring Thanos defeating himself I can't see MM taking more than 1/400 battles. Face it, MM has the tools to be an A lister but he is a tool due to the way hes been written for years. Hes dead meat. Even Superman on his best days would be in for a life and death struggle with the Titan. Manhunter couldn't even take 1 shot from SBP without crying himself to sleep.
> > (This is all from a guy who loves MM but is glad they put him out of his misery)
> > Oh and thanks for pulling me out of lurking Daveym.
> > >
> > > Martian Manhunter Has read the File On Thanos so knows the Score, tracking him to his lair in New Mexico he prepares to engage the Mad Titan... Thanos has only minimal knowledge of his foe so how does it go
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
- Thanos Vs. Martian Manhunter · Daveym · Tue Aug 26, 2008 at 02:48:10 pm EDT
- MM for the win... · Bootch · Wed Aug 27, 2008 at 01:09:54 pm EDT
- Thanos uttery crushed MM *nt* · MysteryMan · Wed Aug 27, 2008 at 01:49:33 am EDT
- Re: Thanos Vs. Martian Manhunter · Kadaj · Wed Aug 27, 2008 at 12:28:01 am EDT
- Re: Thanos Vs. Martian Manhunter · Bob · Tue Aug 26, 2008 at 11:21:10 pm EDT
- Re: Thanos Vs. Martian Manhunter · gumbo · Tue Aug 26, 2008 at 07:20:29 pm EDT
- To give MM even a shot at this you have to assume at least 1 thing. · Tanthius · Tue Aug 26, 2008 at 06:59:17 pm EDT
- Gotta Agree, This should hardly be called a battle... · Master · Tue Aug 26, 2008 at 05:52:23 pm EDT
- Here's the real question Thanos Vs Fernus · Reedification · Tue Aug 26, 2008 at 05:22:43 pm EDT
- Unless you're of the school... · Amor Fati · Tue Aug 26, 2008 at 03:43:13 pm EDT
- J'onn has the tools at his disposal to defeat Thanos · Hatman · Tue Aug 26, 2008 at 03:25:42 pm EDT
- Trying to keep a straight face. Surely you jest? (no text) · vermin · Tue Aug 26, 2008 at 02:59:31 pm EDT