Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008
Subj: Him Facing the Reality of The Void Now Being Himself...Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 at 04:28:08 pm EST (Viewed 138 times)
Reply Subj: How should marvel End The Sentry Saga Now?
Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 at 07:24:43 am EST (Viewed 190 times)
IF his story is finally coming to an end after the Seige...
Just how should Marvel end it?
that Sentry is killed off when he is forced to stop the Void?
That he decided to go off inti Comic Limbo until furhter notice?
That he is shown being Beyonder/Korveck/marvel man etc?
That is just an imanginary figment of some higher power?
That he "burns out" his powers and is reset at Thor levls?
That he goes off into Soace?
The logical way to end it (for now at least) is to have him faced with the unwanted truth that he himself has become The Void. Or Is in real danger of crossing the line into that territory.
I think myself when Osborn recently reinforced the idea in his mind that there was no Void and it was all inside his head it became a self fullfilling prophesy as The Void finally had the power of self-belief to flip over and start taking over Sentry fully. That's why he's increasingly become more loyal to Osborn and may be a part explanation as to who Osborns mysterious Ally/Weapon is - what is The Void is so dominant it is not only now able to seperate from Sentry but has control over him as well?
I think that's the sort of direction they're headed in and has been foreshadowed for much of Bendis' time with the character, that Sentry/Void are one and the same and Bob's going to have to face up to what's going on in his head and what he's responsible for because of his own weakness. It may even be that the reason he's gotten more powerful is due to this mental reinforcing reinforcing of Osborns, with none of the friction between him denying the Void he has better access to his full power range...
(Alternatly wouldn't it be wild if he was revealed to be (at least partly) Odin? Mad idea sure but remember Marnot?
Sentry could be some sort of contingency plan of Odins to get him out of jail at the right time).
Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows Vista
All the content of these boards Copyright © 1996-2022 by Comicboards/TVShowboards. Software Copyright © 2003-2022 Powermad Software
- How should marvel End The Sentry Saga Now? · JesusFan · Mon Jan 11, 2010 at 07:24:43 am EST
- Re: With someone finally jobbing to Galactus! (no text) · zvelf · Mon Jan 11, 2010 at 07:17:54 pm EST
- Him Facing the Reality of The Void Now Being Himself... · Daveym · Mon Jan 11, 2010 at 04:28:08 pm EST
- He beats all the villains, heroes, & cosmics at the same time with ease...and then gets killed by Bone-Claw Wolverine in 1 panel. (no text) · ArtTeacher · Mon Jan 11, 2010 at 04:01:26 pm EST
- Re: How should marvel End The Sentry Saga Now? · The Goddamn Batman · Mon Jan 11, 2010 at 03:31:51 pm EST
- Sentry takes out everyone and then is jumped by Squirrel Girl for the KO. NT · Ragnarok · Mon Jan 11, 2010 at 03:02:11 pm EST
- Soon. (no text) · Nucleon · Mon Jan 11, 2010 at 12:33:27 pm EST
- based on one of the covers · Zeeder · Mon Jan 11, 2010 at 10:04:18 am EST
- I wouldnt mind if he destroyed Marvel 616 and just started it all over again... · Dark Marvel · Mon Jan 11, 2010 at 09:53:21 am EST
- depends · dave · Mon Jan 11, 2010 at 09:33:03 am EST
- The Blob sits on him, suffocating him to his bitter end... nt · Green_Genes · Mon Jan 11, 2010 at 08:42:04 am EST
- Via decapitation courtesy of Captain Britain with Excalibur. :-) (no text) · Liam Gallagher's Unibrow · Mon Jan 11, 2010 at 07:50:43 am EST