Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008
Subj: With Time He Can Do It..Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 at 01:38:39 pm EST (Viewed 120 times)
Reply Subj: Would Wolverine Be Able To Beat Batman? If So, How?
Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 at 12:46:25 pm EST (Viewed 98 times)
I love both characters, so this is hard for me, but I think that this is one of the few battles that Batman would lose. Or might lose anyway. Batman and Cap are pretty much equal, and if Wolverine can hold his own against Cap, so can Batman. The main advantage that Bats has is that he can use weapons such as knockout gas, etc. Plus he hss the batmobile and all of that other stuff. Wolverine doesn't go down easily though, and this is a guy who also goes through room full of ninjas like nobody's business. His healing factor will be the killer here. Literally. I think this can go either way, and I can see either one taking the victory home. What do you guys think?
I don't see Batman winning this, not head on anyway. It would be similar to him fighting the Predators except Wolverine is sharper and more canny.
Physically the gap between the two is huge and since the 90s Wolverine has been propelled so far up the skill/power scale he pretty much became a figure of fun - able to outfight Stick and Shang-Chi, beat entire teams of MU heroes, beat Captain America in combat, Embarrass Namor, the list is very long and these near constant excesses writers gave to him make him hard to gauge fairly.
Batman works best with information, If he is able to divine Wolverines abilities and method he would be able to win longterm, there really aren't many people he can't beat with just a little time to improvise.
The question really hinges on how much time he gets therefore because head on Wolverine is near invulnerable and too quick to take chances with. His trademark Stealth wouldn't work either on average as Wolverines senses are so sharp and his depth of experience makes it difficult to find new strategies that he hasn't already dealt with.
Batman can get some good hits in with nerve strikes and the rough stuff but he's fighting a man who can be torn to shreds by the likes of Deathstrike when in combat and push right through it - his pain threshold is at least as high as Batmans and Batman by contrast has zero room for error if he doesn't want to be slashed open...
Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows Vista
All the content of these boards Copyright © 1996-2022 by Comicboards/TVShowboards. Software Copyright © 2003-2022 Powermad Software
- Would Wolverine Be Able To Beat Batman? If So, How? · Comicguy1 · Tue Jan 12, 2010 at 12:46:25 pm EST
- Modern Wolverine beats Bats - and any street leveller really - VERY solidly. (no text) · Liam Gallagher's Unibrow · Tue Jan 12, 2010 at 02:44:20 pm EST
- Current Wolverine heals too good. But in the days of old, humans posed threats to Old James. (no text) · Kadaj · Tue Jan 12, 2010 at 02:14:13 pm EST
- It's Wolverine's to lose. (no text) · ArtTeacher · Tue Jan 12, 2010 at 01:44:34 pm EST
- With Time He Can Do It.. · Daveym · Tue Jan 12, 2010 at 01:38:39 pm EST
- Unless Bats has foreknowledge, he dies 11/10. (no text) · Amor Fati · Tue Jan 12, 2010 at 01:37:51 pm EST
- Hey wolvie boy can kill Galactus...thats > the Batgod :P *nt* · MysteryMan · Tue Jan 12, 2010 at 01:04:26 pm EST
- Re: Would Wolverine Be Able To Beat Batman? If So, How? · dave · Tue Jan 12, 2010 at 12:57:54 pm EST
- By STABBING him....repeatedly.....that is all (no text) · Reedification · Tue Jan 12, 2010 at 12:57:12 pm EST
- Re: Would Wolverine Be Able To Beat Batman? If So, How? · Bootch · Tue Jan 12, 2010 at 12:56:05 pm EST
- Wolverne pwns him · RANDOM · Tue Jan 12, 2010 at 12:54:24 pm EST