|Cosmic Marvel >> View Post|
Subj: Re: Starlin INterview about his final THANOS trilogy
Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 at 11:48:26 pm CST (Viewed 702 times)
Reply Subj: Re: Starlin INterview about his final THANOS trilogy
Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 at 02:32:22 pm CST (Viewed 705 times)
Yes DoCM was a good story and it did do a good job of conveying the sense of pain, dread and inevitability one faces when suffering a terminal illness.
However I still believe that in allowing Starlin to write that story, that Marvel boxed themselves into a corner in terms of bringing him back.
Characters who perish from bullets, bombs, lasers, teleport errors, time warps, etc. get to come back. Dying from a terminal disease is a little tricky to reverse.
It would take the following to bring Marv back:
1. Cosmic Cube, it can warp reality and a cube was used to revive TORO, the Android Torch's sidekick from the dead for the big 70th anniversary of the golden age characters. if it can take a long forgotten character like him back to life, it can revive Mar-Vell.
2. Reality Gem : it did it before and can do it again.
3. Time Gem: could be used to slightly warp time so Marv is never exposed to the gas or else temporally diverge his timeline like Immortus did with the Torch so that there were TWO Torches and one is rebuilt into the Vision.
4. Infinity Gauntlet
6. Death herself. She is the one that restored Thanos to life in the 90's for a mission to wipe out half the cosmos to restore balance to the universe. She could have a reason for bringing Marv back, perhaps to shut down Thanos again?
7. The Phoenix force it did it in the Avengers vs Xmen story and could do it again.
The problem as stated before when Thanos used the Reality Gem and when the Phoenix brought Marv back is that he currently does NOT want to come back. He chooses to remain dead thus his spirit is considered at peace for the most part and is not seeking to come back.
Marv CHOSE to become the Protector of the Universe after EON showed him the error of his ways.
Marv CHOSE to accept the kiss of death after Thanos' spirit came to him in his final moments and lectured him about Death.
Marv has chosen to remain dead. So whatever story revives him must have him change his mind first.
There are stories to be told of a revived Marv.
How would the people of Earth react? Will they see him as a messiah? A monster? an abomination in the eyes of the Almighty? When Captain Skrull-Vell was around we saw a cult of mar-vell spring up, is that cult still around?
How would the remaining KREE react? Do they still think him a traitor or did saving them from the Phoenix redeem him in their eyes?
How about Ronan the Accuser? he has long had a grudge against Mar-Vell
How about the assorted species of the universe itself?
Posted with Mozilla Firefox 57.0 on Windows 7
|Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software|