Location: The Negative Zone
Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008
Subj: Agree.. and a quote from a HOT Marvel writer..Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 at 04:22:52 pm CDT (Viewed 78 times)
Reply Subj: Re: What is wrong with Marvel now days.
Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 at 06:18:21 am CDT
| > I think it is a lack of understanding of whom these characters are and what the represent. There seems to be the inability, by the writers and editors at marvel, to write and produce characters that are more noble than they are. They seem to want to take the "hero" out of super-hero. I see the same problem at DC also. Not quite as bad but it is there.|
> Another thing that comes to mind is the fans. Fans who buy books that they don't like. If we don't like the direction of a book we need to quit buying it. That is the only true measure of how we like a book. The sales. Poor sales will cause a change. Good sales won't.
Used to be my signature here..
"I don't think there's such a thing as a hero. It's a lovely idea and this isn't meant to be cynical, but I think people are just people who are capable of very good or very bad things.... " Mark Millar: Writer of Super Hero comic books
Folks argue that heroes need flaws. true. But they don't have to be as totally whacked out as the enemy.
Pull List: Fantastic Four-Fire Power-Eternals-Champions-High Republic-Seven to Eternity
Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
All the content of these boards Copyright © 1996-2022 by Comicboards/TVShowboards. Software Copyright © 2003-2022 Powermad Software
- What is wrong with Marvel now days. · CABLE100 · Fri Jun 27, 2008 at 03:10:51 pm CDT
- What is wrong with Marvel nowadays · Grey Gargoyle · Mon Jun 30, 2008 at 12:25:02 pm CDT
- Re: What is wrong with Marvel now days. · SEHS66 · Sat Jun 28, 2008 at 06:18:21 am CDT
- Ok here we go... I will now elaborate... · autochron · Sat Jun 28, 2008 at 01:38:57 am CDT
- One thing at least is wrong there... · MysteryMan · Sat Jun 28, 2008 at 12:02:28 am CDT
- One thing at least is wrong there... · MysteryMan · Sat Jun 28, 2008 at 12:02:26 am CDT
- I'll play · mjyoung · Fri Jun 27, 2008 at 11:37:06 pm CDT
- One word: plenty! With an unfortunate caveat. · autochron · Fri Jun 27, 2008 at 09:52:45 pm CDT
- Two Other Words: Very Little! (nnt) · Blackagar Boltagon Has A sore Foot · Fri Jun 27, 2008 at 09:02:19 pm CDT
- two words - Joe Quesada · stupid baby · Fri Jun 27, 2008 at 05:56:54 pm CDT
- Simple answer: Jeph Loeb. NT · Blargh · Fri Jun 27, 2008 at 04:05:04 pm CDT