Marvel Universe >> View Post
·
Post By
Bryan D

In Reply To
The Black Guardian
Moderator

Location: Paragon City, RI
Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008
Subj: Re: People are just missing out on this book
Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 at 04:07:17 am CDT (Viewed 59 times)
Reply Subj: Re: People are just missing out on this book
Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 at 11:55:02 pm CDT (Viewed 58 times)


> > > > To Tell you the truth AS a die Hard New Warriors fan, I am happy
> > > > with this book.
> > > >
> > > > It was set up for sales failure. A no name writer (whose
> > > > improved dramatically)..a team consisting of NO old warriors,
> > > > and whose actually IDs as X-cast offs, was held secret for
> > > > several issues.
> > >
> > > The way you say that, you seem to imply the series is a sales
> > > success. It's not. It is basically the lowest selling series at
> > > Marvel (excluding those titles Marvel has a reason to keep going).
> > > It's at 20K now, and is still losing alot of readers.
> >
> > Nah, I didnt mean it was selling..but I understand WHY it is not
> > selling. At any rate 25 issues will be a nice run for the book.
> >
> > > I would guess cancelled at issue 25. I don't really see a reason
> > > for Marvel to keep the book around despite the sales.
> >
> > I'd probably say issue 20
> >
> > > > If you were not a fan of Jubes or NT, this book probably wasn't
> > > > for you. Personally, I love the Night Thrasher stuff..he's
> > > > always been a fav of mine and Bandit seems to be doing just fine.
> > >
> > > I am a big fan of both Jubes and Night Thrasher, but not of Wondra
> > > and Bandit. I read the first 6 issues of the series with the hope
> > > that it would be Dwayne, and when it wasn't, I left.
> >
> > Well I disagree, I have really dug Bandit and , like you, I was mad
> > when it was not Dwayne. Donyell's basically been acting exacly like
> > Dwayne though..sometimes I forget its even Donyell. Bandit was a
> > silly character before. His look and backstory were over the top
> > cliche. It is clear Kevin Grievioux was given an exceptionally short
> > leash on this book. Griev's admitted at SDCC he was "made" to use
> > these characters. I am sure he would have rather used Dwayne, as
> > that is exactly who he is writing IMO.
> >
> > > > So I am happy it has made it to its solicited issue 17. People
> > > > seem to really want an "old warrior" book, and this series when
> > > > it does end will have helped convey that.
> > >
> > > If it's a series you enjoy reading, please continue reading it.
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> Like you, I'm really enjoying this series, and this has shocked me. I wasn't a fan of the original New Warriors. This isn't to say that I disliked them. I just never paid them much mind. When they met their end, I was pissed because I didn't think they deserved to go out like that. I think my initial reason for buying this series was because I thought the original team had been treated poorly since the Zeb Wells mini.
>
> I also haven't been a fan of Jubilee and Chamber. Jubilee had been one of my least favourite X-Characters. Chamber was always too emo for me, and the whole blown apart face aspect of the character turned me off, as well. In fact, I disliked most of Generation X (M being the only exception).
>
> Nor was I a fan of Morrison's X-Men. However, among the few things from his run that I did like were the Omega Gang, Beak, and Angel Salvadore. So, naturally, I was tickled when it was revealed these guys were in this series.
>
> I can understand what's kept and driven people away from this series, for the reasons you mentioned, plus the very sluggish start. I definitely don't think it should have been done the way it was. I'm glad I was patient with Grevioux, though, because I think the last several issues have been stellar! I've even started to like Jubilee and, sorta, Jono.
>
> This latest issue was, I think, my second favourite read of the month. Only the latest X-Men Legacy excited me more.

yeah man, I agree that Griev's has really improved and some of the characters I had NO interest in are growing on me..and I have been a cold X fan for years, probably since the late 90s.

I still think if the book we to introduce 1 old school warrior ..it could really click.


Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows Vista
Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software
All the content of these boards Copyright © 1996-2022 by Comicboards/TVShowboards. Software Copyright © 2003-2022 Powermad Software