|Marvel Universe >> View Post|
Subj: Box office
Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 at 04:06:40 pm EDT (Viewed 71 times)
Reply Subj: Black Widow film: summer popcorn action movie, not boring but blatantly incoherent plot & one-dimensional villain [no spoilers]
Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 at 01:15:24 pm EDT (Viewed 115 times)
This one had a solid opening weekend and the Disney Plus numbers were good but it fell off 67% second weekend in the theaters. I am a little surprised by this.
What do you guys thinks is the reason?
I have several thoughts...
1. A fair number of people are still not ready to go to the movie theater.
2. Some theaters are still not open or at reduced capacity.
3. Releasing on Disney Plus means you can spend $30 and have a watch party. Instead of $15 per ticket for a group of 10 it is $30 for a group of 10.
4. Folks know that if they wait a few extra months it is going to be on Disney Plus with the regular subscription anyway so why go to theaters or fork over for premium content.
5. Mixed reviews.
6. Black Widow not being as marketable as the other original Avengers.
There could be more but those are some of my thoughts on it. I was curious how the next run would do after Endgame anyway. Spider-man Far From Home did very well but was pre-COVID and is a known commodity. The next few movies outside of SM are all unknowns but apparently Disney is using more of a traditional release.
I am curious if this is just Disney trying and failing at a new approach to this or if it is a reflection on Marvel losing some steam with the main story having been told.
Look Raist bunnies...
Posted with Google Chrome 91.0.4472.164 on Windows 10
|Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2021 Powermad Software|