Subj: Actually Phil Urich's state of mind was set up in the Loners mini. Spoilers..Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 at 06:08:49 pm EST (Viewed 35 times)
Reply Subj: Amazing #649 thoughts
Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 at 04:33:29 pm EST (Viewed 89 times)
- Norah goes undercover to interview a bunch of Neo-Nazi bikers who have embraced Norman Osborn. She blows her cover rather easily, forcing Spidey and Black Cat to save her.
- Felicia reveals that she and Spidey are officially "hero and sidekick" as the 'Cat tries gain credibility to join the Avengers. It's also "strictly professional."
- Peter stops by his new hotel suite at the Waldorf Astoria.
- Carly drops in, complains about their jobs preventing them from having any time together, and then has to leave to do forensics on the crime scene Peter just left.
- Carly's idea of a fun date is Netflix.
- Roderick Kingsley stops by a Goblin Lair to load up on ammo and finds Phil Urich there, trying to steal more Goblin Tech to impress Norah.
- Phil goes psycho and uses his Goblin Laugh to stun Kingsley and then behead him with a giant sword.
- Phil tries to talk to Norah but finds himself tongue-tied.
- Peter's first day of work sees him meet two more of the "Big Seven" including a 10-year old boy super genius named after The Watcher and a busty, bohemian, blonde girl.
- The final member of the "Big Seven" has total anonymity.
- Phil Urich attacks as the newest Hobgoblin, and uses his Goblin Laugh to immobilize Peter and prepare to behead him with his big sword. To be continuted....
- Carly's cameo was worthless and did nothing to develop her personality. At least Debra Whitman was "mentally unstable."
- Felicia as Peter's sidekick is a good way to keep her in the title as a back-up girlfriend in case fan backlash against Carly is too much.
- Norah remains the best thing in the title. Very fun character.
- Phil's turn to the darkside and revelation as the newest Hobgoblin is very lame and very out of character for Phil. I buy him as less of a major threat than Mr. Negative or even The Spot.
- All in all a definite step-back after the strong start two weeks ago. Recommendation to avoid.
Phil fell apart psycholgically. He tried to hook up with Turbo. That didn't work because Turbo was dating Darkhawk. And he just got angrier and angrier and finally snapped and ran off with the ex-Generation X character Penace...well they changed her name to something else because of Robbie Baldwin being Penace..i'm blanking on it/her's new name...he just went nuts. So Phil becoming a villanous character was set up in Loners. It's not out of left field.
- Amazing #649 thoughts [Spoilers] · Tobias Funke · Wed Nov 24, 2010 at 04:33:29 pm EST
- My Thoughts on Amazing Spider-Man #649 [Spoilers] · stillanerd · Sun Nov 28, 2010 at 01:21:51 pm EST
- Re: Amazing #649 thoughts [Spoilers] · MichiganWebhead · Sat Nov 27, 2010 at 07:58:16 am EST
- This was one of the best issues of the last 10 years [Spoilers] · esskay · Fri Nov 26, 2010 at 06:04:50 pm EST
- Re: Amazing #649 thoughts [Spoilers] · KaineParker · Thu Nov 25, 2010 at 06:45:32 pm EST
- Re: Amazing #649 thoughts [Spoilers] · Epidot · Thu Nov 25, 2010 at 04:56:11 pm EST
- There's an easy "out" [SPOILERS] [Spoilers] · Pengi · Thu Nov 25, 2010 at 01:57:59 pm EST
- An ode to the fallen [Spoilers] · Unstable Molecule · Thu Nov 25, 2010 at 01:40:12 pm EST
- .....holy crap. [Spoilers] · The Green Ninjas · Wed Nov 24, 2010 at 08:40:00 pm EST
- Re: Amazing #649 thoughts [Spoilers] · Webline · Wed Nov 24, 2010 at 07:21:42 pm EST
- Re: Amazing #649 thoughts [Spoilers] · Anansi · Wed Nov 24, 2010 at 07:17:19 pm EST
- Actually Phil Urich's state of mind was set up in the Loners mini. Spoilers.. [Spoilers] · Zevad · Wed Nov 24, 2010 at 06:08:49 pm EST
- Re: Amazing #649 thoughts [Spoilers] · Edward Whelan · Wed Nov 24, 2010 at 04:46:35 pm EST