- Norah goes undercover to interview a bunch of Neo-Nazi bikers who have embraced Norman Osborn. She blows her cover rather easily, forcing Spidey and Black Cat to save her.
- Felicia reveals that she and Spidey are officially "hero and sidekick" as the 'Cat tries gain credibility to join the Avengers. It's also "strictly professional."
- Peter stops by his new hotel suite at the Waldorf Astoria.
- Carly drops in, complains about their jobs preventing them from having any time together, and then has to leave to do forensics on the crime scene Peter just left.
- Carly's idea of a fun date is Netflix.
- Roderick Kingsley stops by a Goblin Lair to load up on ammo and finds Phil Urich there, trying to steal more Goblin Tech to impress Norah.
- Phil goes psycho and uses his Goblin Laugh to stun Kingsley and then behead him with a giant sword.
- Phil tries to talk to Norah but finds himself tongue-tied.
- Peter's first day of work sees him meet two more of the "Big Seven" including a 10-year old boy super genius named after The Watcher and a busty, bohemian, blonde girl.
- The final member of the "Big Seven" has total anonymity.
- Phil Urich attacks as the newest Hobgoblin, and uses his Goblin Laugh to immobilize Peter and prepare to behead him with his big sword. To be continuted....
- Carly's cameo was worthless and did nothing to develop her personality. At least Debra Whitman was "mentally unstable."
- Felicia as Peter's sidekick is a good way to keep her in the title as a back-up girlfriend in case fan backlash against Carly is too much.
- Norah remains the best thing in the title. Very fun character.
- Phil's turn to the darkside and revelation as the newest Hobgoblin is very lame and very out of character for Phil. I buy him as less of a major threat than Mr. Negative or even The Spot.
- All in all a definite step-back after the strong start two weeks ago. Recommendation to avoid.
So Marvel's brought Kingsley out of retirement to kill two Hobgoblins. Heh.
I'm disappointed to hear this. I was hoping Slott had some good ideas for Kingsley, and the ending of 648 gave me great hope.
- Amazing #649 thoughts [Spoilers] · Tobias Funke · Wed Nov 24, 2010 at 04:33:29 pm EST
- My Thoughts on Amazing Spider-Man #649 [Spoilers] · stillanerd · Sun Nov 28, 2010 at 01:21:51 pm EST
- Re: Amazing #649 thoughts [Spoilers] · MichiganWebhead · Sat Nov 27, 2010 at 07:58:16 am EST
- This was one of the best issues of the last 10 years [Spoilers] · esskay · Fri Nov 26, 2010 at 06:04:50 pm EST
- Re: Amazing #649 thoughts [Spoilers] · KaineParker · Thu Nov 25, 2010 at 06:45:32 pm EST
- Re: Amazing #649 thoughts [Spoilers] · Epidot · Thu Nov 25, 2010 at 04:56:11 pm EST
- There's an easy "out" [SPOILERS] [Spoilers] · Pengi · Thu Nov 25, 2010 at 01:57:59 pm EST
- An ode to the fallen [Spoilers] · Unstable Molecule · Thu Nov 25, 2010 at 01:40:12 pm EST
- .....holy crap. [Spoilers] · The Green Ninjas · Wed Nov 24, 2010 at 08:40:00 pm EST
- Re: Amazing #649 thoughts [Spoilers] · Webline · Wed Nov 24, 2010 at 07:21:42 pm EST
- Re: Amazing #649 thoughts [Spoilers] · Anansi · Wed Nov 24, 2010 at 07:17:19 pm EST
- Actually Phil Urich's state of mind was set up in the Loners mini. Spoilers.. [Spoilers] · Zevad · Wed Nov 24, 2010 at 06:08:49 pm EST
- Re: Amazing #649 thoughts [Spoilers] · Edward Whelan · Wed Nov 24, 2010 at 04:46:35 pm EST