|The Superman Family Message Board >> View Post|
Subj: Re: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly!
Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 at 03:13:18 am EDT (Viewed 260 times)
Reply Subj: Re: SPOILERS in my post here.
Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 at 06:37:58 pm EDT (Viewed 185 times)
1. Superman starts out with his powers grounded at a realistic level. Now if only it would stay close to that level or at the least he needs a device to raise his powers' levels.
2. A young Superman travels the world as a loner on a journey of discovery. Yes, Superman should at first be a loner traveling, but not the world. Superman should just travel across the US since he was raised by US citizens and is meant to be an ideal representation of an immigrant in the US.
3. Superman's permanent suit will be based on Kryptonian technology. If Jor-El was smart enough to make a spaceship capable of intergalactic travel why didn't he make a space suit for his son to wear for protection on Earth? I like this concept but the new suit's look is too Batman. This is what Superman needs.
1. His adopted parents are dead? What the hell? Part of what makes Superman is that he has the best parents in the world who raised him to be a good person. They not only guide Superman, but also serve as the audience's window into understanding Superman. Smallville worked ten long years to give depth to the Kent family and now the comic book will completely ignore the family? Madness!
2. He is more Kryptonian than human? Insanity! Clark Kent is Superman. Superman is meant to be just a normal guy that finds out he has super powers. I am all for more exploration of his Kryptonian past, but the essence of the character is a farm town man. Superman is his alien inheritance he uses so he can work.
1. Grant Morrison writing. While Morrison did a very good job remaking Silver Age Superman in the All Star Superman maxi-series, he turned Batman to crystal meth in his ongoing Batman run. Now it sounds like he is ready to turn Superman to heroin in his ongoing Action Comics run.
2. Superman will be brooding? No, no, no! Superman may mourn, but he doesn't brood. Superman is not Batman. If the worst happens Superman may question himself, but he is not going to brood. Instead he is going to go out and help people.
Posted with Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 4.0; on Windows Vista
|Alvaro's Comicboards powered by On Topic™ © 2003-2022 Powermad Software|