Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008
Subj: Re: Whosoever,if he be worthy,shall possess THE POWER OF THOR.Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 at 02:14:45 pm EST (Viewed 181 times)
Reply Subj: Whosoever,if he be worthy,shall possess THE POWER OF THOR.
Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 at 12:36:55 pm EST (Viewed 13 times)
Here are Thor's basic powers:
Thor, sans hammer, has fired energy blast before (against Durok, against Hercules, and a very old example, from his finger tips). We know he is strong and invulnerable by himself, with or without the hammer, that is a given. So...I really don't know what you are asking here.
The hammer is a tool. Thor use it to channel his attacks, but it doesn't mean he cannot whip up an energy blast on his own, he just needs the hammer to focus it. Take note the Silver Surfer, he can fly without his board, but he is more efficient with it. Kind of like the same deal here.
About Thor, at one point, not being worthy...During Dan Jurgen's run (right?)...he couldn't lift mjolnir, true, but he had plenty of power on his own (he didn't need to "charge up").
About the other exotic powers you listed, well, in cartoons he can fly without the hammer. In comics this was not specifically shown, but it doesn't mean he cannot do it. After all, creators are not really concerned regarding message board power discussions. They are more keen to tell a good and entertaining story, and Thor twirling his hammer to fly is gosh-darn as good an eye candy as Anne Hathaway in the buff.
"About Thor, at one point, not being worthy...During Dan Jurgen's run (right?)...he couldn't lift mjolnir, true, but he had plenty of power on his own (he didn't need to "charge up")."
...and this is another thing that bothers me about this incident. thor inherited the odinpower, and he couldn't lift mjolnir because of the enchantment that odin put on it?? the odinpower should have cancel out the worthiness clause and thor should have been able to do whatever he wanted with mjolnir. hell, with the odinpower, thor could have removed all the enchantment and put his own enchantment in it. mjolnir's exotic powers are all derived from the odinpower. so what's the problem?? it's like having a computer being corrupted. if all fails, you reinstall the original software and that should solve the problems.
i want the WRITERS to be smart and do a better job of making thor AND odin smart and not look like an imbeciles.
Posted with Mozilla Firefox 3.6.13 on Windows Vista
All the content of these boards Copyright © 1996-2022 by Comicboards/TVShowboards. Software Copyright © 2003-2022 Powermad Software
- THOR & MJOLNIR... (where does the power REALLY come from?) · Battle Wizard · Sun Mar 06, 2011 at 12:02:16 pm EST
- Re: THOR & MJOLNIR... (where does the power REALLY come from?) · Odin's Eye · Mon Mar 07, 2011 at 09:26:18 am EST
- What doe sthe Hammer SAY? · Tim Gagnon · Sun Mar 06, 2011 at 08:43:51 pm EST
- Might the hammer not be a catalyzing agent? · The Real Lance Eason · Sun Mar 06, 2011 at 08:03:16 pm EST
- Both. · Jonathanos · Sun Mar 06, 2011 at 05:51:31 pm EST
- Re: THOR & MJOLNIR... (where does the power REALLY come from?) · MjolnirsPower · Sun Mar 06, 2011 at 05:36:38 pm EST
- This is where all the "Thor Clones" muddies the waters. · Chen · Sun Mar 06, 2011 at 01:00:50 pm EST
- Whosoever,if he be worthy,shall possess THE POWER OF THOR. · Odin's illegitimate Son · Sun Mar 06, 2011 at 12:36:55 pm EST
- Re: THOR & MJOLNIR... · Vartha1 · Sun Mar 06, 2011 at 12:35:34 pm EST