Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008
Member Since: Sat May 17, 2008
Subj: I always like stories that have controversy and coming from left field... Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 at 01:48:12 pm EST (Viewed 220 times)
Reply Subj: Who can you see truly being Thor's wife and pontential queen of Asgard?
Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 at 06:39:32 pm EST (Viewed 366 times)
Sif, Jane, and Enchantress have been his three main love interests. Hela and Valkyrie to a lesser extent. To be Thor's wife means to be both the head of household, someone who can hold their own in battle, and possible be a commanding queen as well.
Sif-Sif is in many ways perfect. Thor can love, trust and respect her. She is a warrior to fight beside. I can even see her becoming a mother eventually. I just can't really see her as a queen. To me, she has never had the same commanding presence required of a ruler nor a willingness to use power.
Jane-I could see there being love, trust, and respect in this relationship. Jane is already a mother. Being a warrior is not an absolute and she could be taught enough about fighting to survive or maybe even some magic. However, I can't see her being queen. I think the whole god thing would get to her. She is from too different a culture. It would take her years if not centuries to adapt. Of course, if it is one thing Thor has it is time. I still think Sif is better due to not having a cultural barrier to cross and the warriors aspect.
Enchantress-In many ways she is the best choice. She served as queen during the Regining. I think their could be love and even to a degree trust and respect there if she ever mended some of her ways. She is certainly capable of taking care of herself and holding her own in a fight. She has no qualms about using power. The problem is her morality does not match up with Thor's own. He would have to keep an eye on her to keep her from going too far.
Hela-She shares many of the same strength and weaknesses as Hela. The main problem is she has shown attraction to Thor, but not vice versa.
Valkyrie-I think she would in a way be the best. She is in many ways like Sif, but to me has always had a bit more of a commanding presence and comes off to me as more willing to give orders than Sif. I could see her doing a good job at it. I could even see her being a firm caregiver if required.
...so my pick would be HELA.
hela always had an attraction for thor. she is not evil in a sense because she lords over the dead. in one story, she said she was lonely and still a woman. some writers write her evil, some don't. i prefer the latter.
i would love to see a story where something chaotic happen and somehow thor and hela was trapped together and trying to get out and escape, but being that they're immortals, i would like to see them trying for centuries to get out. during this time, hela and thor talk and get to know each other. time goes on and they develop a bond for each other.
do anyone here remember a story over at dc comics when superman and wonder woman were trapped in dc's version of the asgardian world? superman and wonder woman fought along side of thor and other asgardians in a war that was going on for 1000 years. it was drawned by doug manke (sp?) and one of my favorite stories. i would like to see the same for thor and hela.
thor and hela would make such an awesome story, because no one would expect seeing and reading a story like this. i would buy this in a heartbeat!
same goes for thor getting to know his mother gaea. i'm still AMAZED that not one writer has presented this storyline to the powers-that-be.
i want marvel to change things up and surprise me. it's always the same old stories. the most used up ones are:
1) odin and thor arguing and odin saving the day. or vice-versa.
2) loki loki loki. yes, i don't mind it if it's written right, but i'm really bored of seeing him being the villain practically every other time.
3) surtur popping up again and causing trouble. it's been done enough. i know he hasn't been around for a little bit, but i would not like to see him for maybe a couple of hundred issues.
Posted with Mozilla Firefox 3.6.15 on Windows Vista
All the content of these boards Copyright © 1996-2022 by Comicboards/TVShowboards. Software Copyright © 2003-2022 Powermad Software
- Who can you see truly being Thor's wife and pontential queen of Asgard? · seeker · Wed Mar 09, 2011 at 06:39:32 pm EST
- Athena of Olympus. She's long overdue anyway..... lol (no text) · Brizelli · Thu Mar 17, 2011 at 01:56:08 pm EDT
- Re: Who can you see truly being Thor's wife and pontential queen of Asgard? · Paul702 · Fri Mar 11, 2011 at 05:01:39 pm EST
- Re: Who can you see truly being Thor's wife and pontential queen of Asgard? · Drogo · Fri Mar 11, 2011 at 01:27:07 am EST
- Re: Who can you see truly being Thor's wife and pontential queen of Asgard? · bd2999 · Thu Mar 10, 2011 at 10:58:26 pm EST
- Re: Who can you see truly being Thor's wife and pontential queen of Asgard? · Oliva · Thu Mar 10, 2011 at 04:03:26 pm EST
- I always like stories that have controversy and coming from left field... · RE-man · Thu Mar 10, 2011 at 01:48:12 pm EST
- That Canadian Chick from Alpha Flight, the One Who Can change into The Great Beasts of The North · Volstagg jr · Thu Mar 10, 2011 at 08:11:26 am EST
- Re: Who can you see truly being Thor's wife and pontential queen of Asgard? · Jase · Wed Mar 09, 2011 at 09:28:58 pm EST
- Wonder Woman... DC's Maxima... or She-Ra... · Battle Wizard · Wed Mar 09, 2011 at 06:56:16 pm EST
- Re: Who can you see truly being Thor's wife and pontential queen of Asgard? · Ancient One · Wed Mar 09, 2011 at 06:54:29 pm EST