With Thor, we have actual showings where he withstood bullets, while Wonder Woman ALWAYS have to block with her bracelets. John Byrne, in one of his issues of Wonder Woman explained this already, and he said that she is tough, so she can survive blunt attacks, but her skin is not invulnerable and she can be injured by bullets and pointed objects.
The only argument WW fans have are the instances she can fight powerful opponents (and she can), but at the same time, she was consistently shown to be not as durable as Thor, Superman or Hulk. Thor walked through Superman's heatvision, while Wonder Woman was immediately incapacitated by one martian heat vision.
The difference with Thor....with Thor, we have concrete evidence showing his bulletproofness and durability...it's only the argument that "well, he blocks bullets...blah...blah...blah" which muddies up the situation. While with Wonder Woman, she was never shown to be that durable. The only argument in her favor is her knack of surviving fighting powerful opponents (which if we consider realistically, she ought to survive because DC is not liable to kill her on a monthly basis).
...because he too can take punches from the mightiest around without batting an eye and still be rather easily pierced, cut or gun down. WW is hardly alone to have that weird durability in comics. Yes, I agree, it's weird. But weird and false aren't the same. What's cool is that there is no doubt about Thor anymore. He's bulletproof in a more convincing way than ever before. Why does the past matter all that much anyway?
- I'm kinda ticked off by this DISBELIEF that Thor is NOT bullet-proof... [Spoilers] · Oliva · Mon Dec 12, 2011 at 04:15:11 pm EST
- From the mouth of Stan himself.... [Spoilers] · jazzbass6 · Fri Dec 23, 2011 at 05:53:10 pm EST
- Lol, TG for evolving Characters. [Spoilers] · oceanside1 · Mon Dec 19, 2011 at 11:22:59 am EST
- Re: I'm kinda ticked off by this DISBELIEF that Thor is NOT bullet-proof... [Spoilers] · Doc Boomstick · Mon Dec 19, 2011 at 10:33:44 am EST
- From various sources (Marvel Database, Official Handbooks, etc...) [Spoilers] · jazzbass6 · Sun Dec 18, 2011 at 01:03:37 pm EST
- Re: I'm kinda ticked off by this DISBELIEF that Thor is NOT bullet-proof... [Spoilers] · JesusFan · Thu Dec 15, 2011 at 06:40:23 pm EST
- Re: Why is it so easy to accept that Thor is invulnerable to a gaggle of things... [Spoilers] · Aang · Wed Dec 14, 2011 at 04:30:57 pm EST
- I don't think there is a conspiracy, but I do agree with the statement that the editor hates to admit to being wrong. [Spoilers] · Cyrus · Wed Dec 14, 2011 at 02:48:43 pm EST
- Although I do feel for what you are saying, dude, a piece of advise, give the conspiracy theory a rest. [Spoilers] · Mighty_Thor · Tue Dec 13, 2011 at 04:00:06 pm EST
- Re: I'm kinda ticked off by this DISBELIEF that Thor is NOT bullet-proof... [Spoilers] · Blacky · Tue Dec 13, 2011 at 01:23:01 pm EST
- Ditto. · Brizelli · Mon Dec 12, 2011 at 06:07:57 pm EST
- Re: I'm kinda ticked off by this DISBELIEF that Thor is NOT bullet-proof... [Spoilers] · Jonathanos · Mon Dec 12, 2011 at 04:59:39 pm EST