Subj: Actually, there is no evidence to support that WW is buletproof....Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 at 12:32:26 pm EST (Viewed 12 times)
Reply Subj: Re: Except in Wonder Woman's case, it was explicitly stated in comics that she is vulnerable to bullets and other pointed attacks, big diff.
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 at 12:02:17 am EST (Viewed 559 times)
Quote:With Thor, we have actual showings where he withstood bullets,
Yes. That's why I said there's evidence for both sides rather than "Thor isn't bulletproof."
Because he has been stated-- and yes, shown-- not to be bulletproof. But he has also been shown to be bulletproof.
Both sides have evidence. What makes me shake my head is how many people refuse to admit it.
...With Thor, there is only ONE proof that he is not bulletproof, the Black Panther issue, which the author already retracted (or explained as a vibranium piercing bullet). But, regardless his explanation, he admitted that he didn't know about Thor's powers and durability, and he relied only with what Kurt Busiek told him. Besides, it didn't happen in a Thor comic. That could be considered an error (wasn't in Thor comic, and the author didn't know about the character's attributes). All other evidence in a Thor issue show that he is bulletproof. Let me say it another way, the reason the Black Panther issue became so controversial was because of the bullet knockout thing. Prior to that people just assume Thor is bulletproof. I am friends with an elderly comic-store owner, and he has read a great deal of Marvel and DC comics, I asked him (with his considerable comic knowledge) if he thought Thor was not bulletproof, and he said - "No. Thor is bulletproof."
Now, i asked him about Wonder Woman, and he said that she is not. I am not trying to argue with you using a nameless person's opinion. But I really did ask him, and those are the answers he gave me. And, again, John Byrne already wrote an issue explaining WW's durability...durable against blunt attacks, but not against bullets and pointed attacks. She is not especially weakened by bullets or iron, it's the shape of the weapon (or bullet) which can cause here damage. And there are evidence to show that she is not very durable against fire and lasers. So, her durability is not similar, at all, to Thor's.
- I'm kinda ticked off by this DISBELIEF that Thor is NOT bullet-proof... [Spoilers] · Oliva · Mon Dec 12, 2011 at 04:15:11 pm EST
- From the mouth of Stan himself.... [Spoilers] · jazzbass6 · Fri Dec 23, 2011 at 05:53:10 pm EST
- Lol, TG for evolving Characters. [Spoilers] · oceanside1 · Mon Dec 19, 2011 at 11:22:59 am EST
- Re: I'm kinda ticked off by this DISBELIEF that Thor is NOT bullet-proof... [Spoilers] · Doc Boomstick · Mon Dec 19, 2011 at 10:33:44 am EST
- From various sources (Marvel Database, Official Handbooks, etc...) [Spoilers] · jazzbass6 · Sun Dec 18, 2011 at 01:03:37 pm EST
- Re: I'm kinda ticked off by this DISBELIEF that Thor is NOT bullet-proof... [Spoilers] · JesusFan · Thu Dec 15, 2011 at 06:40:23 pm EST
- Re: Why is it so easy to accept that Thor is invulnerable to a gaggle of things... [Spoilers] · Aang · Wed Dec 14, 2011 at 04:30:57 pm EST
- I don't think there is a conspiracy, but I do agree with the statement that the editor hates to admit to being wrong. [Spoilers] · Cyrus · Wed Dec 14, 2011 at 02:48:43 pm EST
- Although I do feel for what you are saying, dude, a piece of advise, give the conspiracy theory a rest. [Spoilers] · Mighty_Thor · Tue Dec 13, 2011 at 04:00:06 pm EST
- Re: I'm kinda ticked off by this DISBELIEF that Thor is NOT bullet-proof... [Spoilers] · Blacky · Tue Dec 13, 2011 at 01:23:01 pm EST
- Ditto. · Brizelli · Mon Dec 12, 2011 at 06:07:57 pm EST
- Re: I'm kinda ticked off by this DISBELIEF that Thor is NOT bullet-proof... [Spoilers] · Jonathanos · Mon Dec 12, 2011 at 04:59:39 pm EST