Quote:...not just some vague scene where he blocks bullets or flee from them. The Hulk has ran away from gunfire as well, but we all know he is bulletproof.
Fleeing while stating there's a threat is not vague.
In the first couple of issues, there's actually a strong case for Hulk not being bulletproof. Igor shot him and said, "I have put a .38 slug in your shoulder..." and he shielded himself in the next issue. But since then, Hulk has been shot on literally hundreds of occasions and the bullets always bounce off. Any examples that might suggest he isn't bulletproof are exceptions, not the rule.
Thor, on the other hand, deflected bullets without exception for 30 years (give or take), even when doing so put others in danger, and referred to them as a threat on occasion.
I'm not trying to convince you that Thor isn't bulletproof. All I ask is that you acknowledge that there's evidence for both points of view.
...as far as explanation go, they said something like - the Hulk's durability is tied to his increasing strength...the angrier he gets, the stronger he gets and the more durable be gets. So, early on, bullets can harm him, but later on he is bulletproof.
I can't really aacknowledge something which has not be shown to be as such. Thor fleeing some cops is no proof of his durability. It's vague because it seems (to me at least) he was more puzzled than threatened. And because there are subsequent showings where he is bulletproof (without any explanation that he somehow increased his durability over time), there is no reason to believe that he was not bulletproof early on.
I will just agree to disagree. We can't really settle this issue if you have your own set of thinking and I have mine. This topic has been discussed enough. Both have expressed their sides at length.
- I'm kinda ticked off by this DISBELIEF that Thor is NOT bullet-proof... [Spoilers] · Oliva · Mon Dec 12, 2011 at 04:15:11 pm EST
- From the mouth of Stan himself.... [Spoilers] · jazzbass6 · Fri Dec 23, 2011 at 05:53:10 pm EST
- Lol, TG for evolving Characters. [Spoilers] · oceanside1 · Mon Dec 19, 2011 at 11:22:59 am EST
- Re: I'm kinda ticked off by this DISBELIEF that Thor is NOT bullet-proof... [Spoilers] · Doc Boomstick · Mon Dec 19, 2011 at 10:33:44 am EST
- From various sources (Marvel Database, Official Handbooks, etc...) [Spoilers] · jazzbass6 · Sun Dec 18, 2011 at 01:03:37 pm EST
- Re: I'm kinda ticked off by this DISBELIEF that Thor is NOT bullet-proof... [Spoilers] · JesusFan · Thu Dec 15, 2011 at 06:40:23 pm EST
- Re: Why is it so easy to accept that Thor is invulnerable to a gaggle of things... [Spoilers] · Aang · Wed Dec 14, 2011 at 04:30:57 pm EST
- I don't think there is a conspiracy, but I do agree with the statement that the editor hates to admit to being wrong. [Spoilers] · Cyrus · Wed Dec 14, 2011 at 02:48:43 pm EST
- Although I do feel for what you are saying, dude, a piece of advise, give the conspiracy theory a rest. [Spoilers] · Mighty_Thor · Tue Dec 13, 2011 at 04:00:06 pm EST
- Re: I'm kinda ticked off by this DISBELIEF that Thor is NOT bullet-proof... [Spoilers] · Blacky · Tue Dec 13, 2011 at 01:23:01 pm EST
- Ditto. · Brizelli · Mon Dec 12, 2011 at 06:07:57 pm EST
- Re: I'm kinda ticked off by this DISBELIEF that Thor is NOT bullet-proof... [Spoilers] · Jonathanos · Mon Dec 12, 2011 at 04:59:39 pm EST