Quote:...as far as explanation go, they said something like - the Hulk's durability is tied to his increasing strength...the angrier he gets, the stronger he gets and the more durable be gets. So, early on, bullets can harm him, but later on he is bulletproof.
Hulk is never vulnerable to bullets. Even when he's calm, bullets bounce off.
Quote:I can't really aacknowledge something which has not be shown to be as such. Thor fleeing some cops is no proof of his durability. It's vague because it seems (to me at least) he was more puzzled than threatened. And because there are subsequent showings where he is bulletproof (without any explanation that he somehow increased his durability over time), there is no reason to believe that he was not bulletproof early on.
I really don't see how you get that he seems puzzled.
I can deflect their shells with my enchanted mallet before they strike me!"
He would later say that orders to kill would be carried out if he couldn't deflect the bullets with Mjolnir.
30 years later, in Thomas' second run, he stops deflecting bullets. He treats them as if they pose no more than an annoyance. (In fact, I don't believe Thomas had Thor deflect bullets even once in his second run.) Thor goes so far as to say that all Asgardians are bulletproof. The Godpack, created using Asgardian DNA, were also bulletproof.
Quote:I will just agree to disagree. We can't really settle this issue if you have your own set of thinking and I have mine. This topic has been discussed enough. Both have expressed their sides at length.
That's fine with me.
...I remember reading a letters page question asking Hulk's durability, and Marvel explained it that the Hulk's durability is tied to his increasing strength.
And the Thor versus cops, he was puzzled why they were attacking him, more than posing a threat to his life.
- I'm kinda ticked off by this DISBELIEF that Thor is NOT bullet-proof... [Spoilers] · Oliva · Mon Dec 12, 2011 at 04:15:11 pm EST
- From the mouth of Stan himself.... [Spoilers] · jazzbass6 · Fri Dec 23, 2011 at 05:53:10 pm EST
- Lol, TG for evolving Characters. [Spoilers] · oceanside1 · Mon Dec 19, 2011 at 11:22:59 am EST
- Re: I'm kinda ticked off by this DISBELIEF that Thor is NOT bullet-proof... [Spoilers] · Doc Boomstick · Mon Dec 19, 2011 at 10:33:44 am EST
- From various sources (Marvel Database, Official Handbooks, etc...) [Spoilers] · jazzbass6 · Sun Dec 18, 2011 at 01:03:37 pm EST
- Re: I'm kinda ticked off by this DISBELIEF that Thor is NOT bullet-proof... [Spoilers] · JesusFan · Thu Dec 15, 2011 at 06:40:23 pm EST
- Re: Why is it so easy to accept that Thor is invulnerable to a gaggle of things... [Spoilers] · Aang · Wed Dec 14, 2011 at 04:30:57 pm EST
- I don't think there is a conspiracy, but I do agree with the statement that the editor hates to admit to being wrong. [Spoilers] · Cyrus · Wed Dec 14, 2011 at 02:48:43 pm EST
- Although I do feel for what you are saying, dude, a piece of advise, give the conspiracy theory a rest. [Spoilers] · Mighty_Thor · Tue Dec 13, 2011 at 04:00:06 pm EST
- Re: I'm kinda ticked off by this DISBELIEF that Thor is NOT bullet-proof... [Spoilers] · Blacky · Tue Dec 13, 2011 at 01:23:01 pm EST
- Ditto. · Brizelli · Mon Dec 12, 2011 at 06:07:57 pm EST
- Re: I'm kinda ticked off by this DISBELIEF that Thor is NOT bullet-proof... [Spoilers] · Jonathanos · Mon Dec 12, 2011 at 04:59:39 pm EST