Quote:My sources are NOT wiki sources. They are from numerous books in my library that state that Thor IS bulletproof and/or highly resistant to conventional injury. As I have posted previously, bullets are conventional weaponry, so it stands to reason that bullets would not do jack. It should also be considered (also as I have previously posted) the his physiology is many times more dense, so yet again what would a bullet (or many bullets) really do to him other than to really piss him off.
Your source sure look like a Marvel universe source. That being said, since current Thor was never what was discussed anyway his current stats are rather irrelevant. Here was his OHOTMU as we could see it back then:
"POWERS AND ABILITIES
Strength: Thor possesses Class 100 strength, enabling
him to lift (press) over 100 tons. Thor's strength is
doubled when he wears his enchanted belt of strength. Known
superhuman powers: Thor possesses the superhuman physical
attributes of an Asgardian, but as the son of Odin, lord of
the Asgardians, and Jord, elder goddess of the Earth, his
strength, endurance, and resistance to injury are greater
than those of the vast majority of his race. Like all
Asgardians, Thor is extremely long-lived (although not
immortal like the Olympians) superhumanly strong (the
average Asgardian male can lift about 30 tons over his head;
Thor can lift over 100 tons above his own), is immune to all
Earthly diseases, and is resistant to conventional injury.
(Asgardian flesh and bone is about three times as dense as
similar human tissue, contributing to the Asgardians'
superhuman strength and weight.) Thor's Asgardian metabolism
gives him far greater than human endurance at all physical
Again, like I said before, being resistant to conventional injury with tissues 3x denser than humans is hardly a strong evidence of complete bulletproofness like we can now see.
PS. I also provide another old Thor entry scan.
Yeah, I have that. I also have the OHMU deluxe ed., Marvel Encyclopedia 2002 (states 6 durability: Superhuman (bulletproof =5)), Marvel Encyclopedia 2006: Powers- Near Invulnerability. All my sources are pre- Modern Thor, there are others that I have, but these were at hand currently.
- I'm kinda ticked off by this DISBELIEF that Thor is NOT bullet-proof... [Spoilers] · Oliva · Mon Dec 12, 2011 at 04:15:11 pm EST
- From the mouth of Stan himself.... [Spoilers] · jazzbass6 · Fri Dec 23, 2011 at 05:53:10 pm EST
- Lol, TG for evolving Characters. [Spoilers] · oceanside1 · Mon Dec 19, 2011 at 11:22:59 am EST
- Re: I'm kinda ticked off by this DISBELIEF that Thor is NOT bullet-proof... [Spoilers] · Doc Boomstick · Mon Dec 19, 2011 at 10:33:44 am EST
- From various sources (Marvel Database, Official Handbooks, etc...) [Spoilers] · jazzbass6 · Sun Dec 18, 2011 at 01:03:37 pm EST
- Re: I'm kinda ticked off by this DISBELIEF that Thor is NOT bullet-proof... [Spoilers] · JesusFan · Thu Dec 15, 2011 at 06:40:23 pm EST
- Re: Why is it so easy to accept that Thor is invulnerable to a gaggle of things... [Spoilers] · Aang · Wed Dec 14, 2011 at 04:30:57 pm EST
- I don't think there is a conspiracy, but I do agree with the statement that the editor hates to admit to being wrong. [Spoilers] · Cyrus · Wed Dec 14, 2011 at 02:48:43 pm EST
- Although I do feel for what you are saying, dude, a piece of advise, give the conspiracy theory a rest. [Spoilers] · Mighty_Thor · Tue Dec 13, 2011 at 04:00:06 pm EST
- Re: I'm kinda ticked off by this DISBELIEF that Thor is NOT bullet-proof... [Spoilers] · Blacky · Tue Dec 13, 2011 at 01:23:01 pm EST
- Ditto. · Brizelli · Mon Dec 12, 2011 at 06:07:57 pm EST
- Re: I'm kinda ticked off by this DISBELIEF that Thor is NOT bullet-proof... [Spoilers] · Jonathanos · Mon Dec 12, 2011 at 04:59:39 pm EST