Quote:... Thor was originally created by Stan Lee,.. To be stronger than the hulk. Period. Point Blank. End of story.
If you read the entire passage, he talks about making someone stronger than the strongest man, smarter than the smartest person, etc. Unless you also want to claim Stan created Thor to be smarter than Reed, Banner, and Stark, in context he isn't necessarily saying he created Thor to be stronger than the Hulk; he's simply recounting some of the dilemmas he faced in creating a new character that would excite fans.
Now there is a brief window where maybe Thor was stronger than Hulk, based on Hulk failing to pull Mjolnir out of his hand, but that window was closed quickly. By Stan himself.
Stan was recounting how he wanted to top his strongest creation, so he created a character based on a "god", supposedly stronger than the strongest mortal (hulk). Reed was not mentioned, at all.
When did Stan "quickly" closed the window for Thor? Thor 319? Again, the Hulk had to hostage a girl just to get Thor to throw away the hammer. That's pretty much established. You mean how Hulk "pummeled" Thor? yeah, after he got sucker punched. But the Hulk still failed to get the KO, and when thor's hammer returned, Thor, instead of using it against the Hulk, threw it again and challeneged the Hulk. I think that is pretty badass. It didn't really settle anything. If the Hulk has had a clear advantage over Thor, it's the more recent fights...but definitely not by Stan Lee.
- The Problem Marvel has with Thor · Shango of The Oshiras · Sun Jan 15, 2012 at 11:02:16 pm CST
- Re: The Problem Marvel has with Thor is that he peaked in the 1960s & could not evolve past his Marvel imposed CAP. (no text) · oceanside1 · Sat Jan 21, 2012 at 10:26:42 pm CST
- Okay everyone, let's keep this civil, no personal attacks or snide remarks. Play nice (no text) · Lightning Strike · Sat Jan 21, 2012 at 07:46:40 pm CST
- The actual problems Marvel has with Thor · The Mandarin · Sat Jan 21, 2012 at 12:07:15 am CST
- Re: Created By stan the man To be The "Marvel Superman!" Same position/power! (no text) · JesusFan · Tue Jan 17, 2012 at 10:06:31 pm CST
- Re: The Problem Marvel has with Thor · Oliva · Tue Jan 17, 2012 at 03:14:49 pm CST
- The problem Marvel has with Thor... · MjolnirsPower · Tue Jan 17, 2012 at 11:34:42 am CST
- I find this criticism to be really really one sided... · bd2999 · Mon Jan 16, 2012 at 03:44:19 pm CST
- Re: The Problem Marvel has with Thor · Jonathanos · Mon Jan 16, 2012 at 11:33:09 am CST
- Re: The Problem Marvel has with Thor · Would be Watcher · Mon Jan 16, 2012 at 08:46:08 am CST