Quote:Actually No. I just want Thor to basically show himself to be at the level that he was intended to be. I mean, do you see Superman or Iron Man fight beings beneath them and struggle? No, that's why I find it so disheartening that I have to see Thor struggle so.
Superman actually does this all the time. Too often I've seen him struggled with character I was wondering how it's even a contest... but it was so nonetheless. Thor hold no monopoly on the subject believe me.
The reason why Thor seems to lose fights is simply because he's trying not to kill them. He holds back much of his power. But what I like about Thor and the Marvel U is that anyone can be beaten at any time including Thor. I also like the fact that Thor can't do everything by himself like Superman. Why does Superman need a justice League when he's as fast as the flash, smart as Batman, can change time, can defeat any god, can do the impossible. Simply boring. Thor struggles with adversity from his family, friends, allies, enemies, and prophesies. How would you like it if your father stripped you of your power and banished you. How about knowing your mother is alive but didn't care to raise you. Also, your Brother is evil and wants to destroy you. Yet you still love them all. These are interesting issues. Yes many Thor writers wrote him weaker than he actually is but was the story a good one? if it was then I don't have a problem with it. In my book Thor is still undefeated. When Thor doesn't hold back, the Hulk gets knocked out halfway to the moon, Arishem the celestial falls, Annhilus flees, even Galactus flees, planets are destroyed, the Fate weave is destroyed, and the Infinites hear him.
- The Problem Marvel has with Thor · Shango of The Oshiras · Sun Jan 15, 2012 at 11:02:16 pm CST
- Re: The Problem Marvel has with Thor is that he peaked in the 1960s & could not evolve past his Marvel imposed CAP. (no text) · oceanside1 · Sat Jan 21, 2012 at 10:26:42 pm CST
- Okay everyone, let's keep this civil, no personal attacks or snide remarks. Play nice (no text) · Lightning Strike · Sat Jan 21, 2012 at 07:46:40 pm CST
- The actual problems Marvel has with Thor · The Mandarin · Sat Jan 21, 2012 at 12:07:15 am CST
- Re: Created By stan the man To be The "Marvel Superman!" Same position/power! (no text) · JesusFan · Tue Jan 17, 2012 at 10:06:31 pm CST
- Re: The Problem Marvel has with Thor · Oliva · Tue Jan 17, 2012 at 03:14:49 pm CST
- The problem Marvel has with Thor... · MjolnirsPower · Tue Jan 17, 2012 at 11:34:42 am CST
- I find this criticism to be really really one sided... · bd2999 · Mon Jan 16, 2012 at 03:44:19 pm CST
- Re: The Problem Marvel has with Thor · Jonathanos · Mon Jan 16, 2012 at 11:33:09 am CST
- Re: The Problem Marvel has with Thor · Would be Watcher · Mon Jan 16, 2012 at 08:46:08 am CST