Quote:Firstly, Beware of the word ASSUME. Secondly, I am just using your own example and its verbiage. Since Marvel did not specifically specify who they were referring to with the term "human beings", then all human beings are to be included at the face value of THEIR definition.
Then Sif, Balder, Hermod, Ares as well as 99% of all the so called gods are in fact not gods since they don't respond to the listed criteria that they are stronger than humans if it must mean ALL humans no matter if it's a mutant or a super-one. Heck, even Thor would not answer the criteria...The assumption made was more than prudent enough. It's logical. Pretending what you suggested is called reaching.
I am taking YOUR example at face value as the words are defined in the KING'S ENGLISH. I am NOT putting my own spin on it, I am not reaching at and/or for anything either. I am making a commentary on Your example and the fact that said example, as Marvel phrased it (NOT MY FAULT they did not specify the WHO in regard to normal, mutant, or meta human), will be felled upon by many here like a pack of ravenous wolves or like sharks who smell blood in the water. As I said, you essentially shot yourself in the ass.
Enjoy the feeding frenzy if/when it hits!!!!
- The Problem Marvel has with Thor · Shango of The Oshiras · Mon Jan 16, 2012 at 12:02:16 am EST
- Re: The Problem Marvel has with Thor is that he peaked in the 1960s & could not evolve past his Marvel imposed CAP. (no text) · oceanside1 · Sat Jan 21, 2012 at 11:26:42 pm EST
- Okay everyone, let's keep this civil, no personal attacks or snide remarks. Play nice (no text) · Lightning Strike · Sat Jan 21, 2012 at 08:46:40 pm EST
- The actual problems Marvel has with Thor · The Mandarin · Sat Jan 21, 2012 at 01:07:15 am EST
- Re: Created By stan the man To be The "Marvel Superman!" Same position/power! (no text) · JesusFan · Tue Jan 17, 2012 at 11:06:31 pm EST
- Re: The Problem Marvel has with Thor · Oliva · Tue Jan 17, 2012 at 04:14:49 pm EST
- The problem Marvel has with Thor... · MjolnirsPower · Tue Jan 17, 2012 at 12:34:42 pm EST
- I find this criticism to be really really one sided... · bd2999 · Mon Jan 16, 2012 at 04:44:19 pm EST
- Re: The Problem Marvel has with Thor · Jonathanos · Mon Jan 16, 2012 at 12:33:09 pm EST
- Re: The Problem Marvel has with Thor · Would be Watcher · Mon Jan 16, 2012 at 09:46:08 am EST