Quote:Galactus is in complete oneness with the power cosmic thus cosmic awareness, there is no such thing as a sucker punch. ESPECIALLY when it's within such a close range. Galactus would have seen what was comming, with simple like 1,000/1,000 vision or better.
Characters with cosmic awareness, including Galactus, have been taken by surprise. There is nothing in the comic to indicate he had foreknowledge of an impending attack from Thor.
Quote:Second they DID have an effect. "WHo has struck me so savage a blow. For the first time in Millennia my limbs have tasted pain."
Thor DID have an effect on Galactus, and that with a simple hammer throw. A throw that plowed through Galactus own assault stopping it dead.
"No real effect" is not the same as "no effect at all." He felt it, as I said, but the blows weren't powerful enough to pose a genuine threat. Galactus considered Thor a gnat and hurled him aside, mocking his claim of godhood.
Quote:Lastly Ego didn't HAVE to do anything he Elected to intervene upon Thor's behalf. Thor on the other hand had numerous ways to stop himself Especially with Mjolnir in hand.
As usual, your speculation isn't supported by the comic. You just assume that Thor could have checked his fall. Doggone Ego and his unnecessary intervention!
Quote:These failed attempts at excusese were just that, FAIL, when they were first siezed upon. They, like the Surfer got knocked out by a sledgehammer wielded by Mexicans thing, needs to die. It will never work.
Logic will never work on you.
They haven't been "caught by surprise" while in the middle of the freakin battle. The fact that Thor struck Galactus with an attack that obliterated the Big G's own attack and then hit him with something he hadn't felt for quite some time is indication enough that he wouldn't lose sight of Thor. However while there is the occuring battle to indicate Galactus would be well aware of Thor. There is Absolutely NOTHING, Ever to indicate Galactus wouldn't be aware of, but choose to ignore thor's attack. That would actually fit in with his character.
Pain IS a "real effect".
I don't need the one single comic to support Thor being able to stop himself, Every other comic of his does that for me. Especially with Mjolnir in hand. You claim to know Thor but you don't know that he could have easily stopped himself? Really?
As for your pathetic logic comment. Present some and it may work. As oppossed to your alleged "logic" that a being as powerful, and ancient as Galactus wouldn't be able to stave off his apparent ADD in the heat of battle to pay more attention than just to Ego and nothing more. Poor Galactus all that Cosmic Awareness and he still can't manage to concentrate on more than one thing at a time. Or the "logic" that without Ego apparently Thor's comic career would have ended right there. Or the "logic" that dictates that pain isn't a "real" effect, espcially on a being who hadn't felt it in millennia.
Yes "logic" is what is fueling your attempts to downplay The Thunder God yet again.
"Pay Homage to the Might of Thor, Son of Odin!"- Odin
- The Problem Marvel has with Thor · Shango of The Oshiras · Mon Jan 16, 2012 at 12:02:16 am EST
- Re: The Problem Marvel has with Thor is that he peaked in the 1960s & could not evolve past his Marvel imposed CAP. (no text) · oceanside1 · Sat Jan 21, 2012 at 11:26:42 pm EST
- Okay everyone, let's keep this civil, no personal attacks or snide remarks. Play nice (no text) · Lightning Strike · Sat Jan 21, 2012 at 08:46:40 pm EST
- The actual problems Marvel has with Thor · The Mandarin · Sat Jan 21, 2012 at 01:07:15 am EST
- Re: Created By stan the man To be The "Marvel Superman!" Same position/power! (no text) · JesusFan · Tue Jan 17, 2012 at 11:06:31 pm EST
- Re: The Problem Marvel has with Thor · Oliva · Tue Jan 17, 2012 at 04:14:49 pm EST
- The problem Marvel has with Thor... · MjolnirsPower · Tue Jan 17, 2012 at 12:34:42 pm EST
- I find this criticism to be really really one sided... · bd2999 · Mon Jan 16, 2012 at 04:44:19 pm EST
- Re: The Problem Marvel has with Thor · Jonathanos · Mon Jan 16, 2012 at 12:33:09 pm EST
- Re: The Problem Marvel has with Thor · Would be Watcher · Mon Jan 16, 2012 at 09:46:08 am EST