Firstly, We can agree to disagree.
Marvel should have been iron-clad in their verbiage so that no "loop-holes" could be found and exploited.
Secondly (in regard to my parting comment: i.e. Feeding Frenzy) YOU know better than most (except for maybe Jonathanos) how zealous other posters here are in defense of Thor and his current status in his portrayals and how you and others have been called Trolls. Â
I told you to beware the word "ASSUME", right?Â (Yes or No?).Â The first three letters are ASS. I was trying to point out that your example would give STRONG ammunition to likes ofÂ Shiango, Oliva, Mjolnirspower, etc...
With regard to fanning the flame, You kinda did that in your responseÂ to my original post. AÂ simple NO would have sufficed and would have been the end of it. I avoided this thread for the longest time untilÂ YOU pulled Marvel's database into it and from the language- it DID NOT support your argumentÂ without "ASSUMING" (and as the phrase goes: assuming makes an ass...). It's like a dictionary or an encyclopedia: the language is VERY SPECIFIC in the defintion/descriptors.Â
I actually really do respect you and your commentaries/insights a great deal and as I have previously stated to you before: whether I agree with you or not is immaterial. But, I also feel that: "NO ONE Can CHANGE Anothers Opinion, You CAN Only Change Their Opinion of YOU". I would keep that in mind with regard to who you respond to and how you respond. The Zealots-Keep it short and sweet, Those you feel you can have meaningful debate with: Then do so.
You know there's no reason to call someone a zealot. I do have strong opinions when it comes to Thor this is true. What gets me more upset than anything are people who are clearly haters but disguise themselves as "intellectuals".
I'm sorry but there is nothing "intellectual" about arguing over a characters state of being, which has been well established, in the MU.
Or downplaying a feat with some of the most repetative and Intuitively ignorant arguments ever thought up.
I'm sorry but those are by definition trolling tactics. They have no merit. They are not some deep attempt at making an intellectual debate. Nor are they a deep discusion on the oppossing duality of, for an example, Thor and Dr. Donald Blake. They are, to put them in their very simplest form "NuH-Uh Thor can't do that/isn't that" comments.
If you see another purpose behind such statements then I appreciate you can try to look past the obvious and see nothing more than an attempt at a "debate". I can not do so.
I am not fooled by some attempts at appearing genuinely interested in a deep sophisticated debate about this character. It is not only apparent, but excruciatinly so, that the posts were not about debate but about attempting to tell one Thor fan why he was "wrong" and nothing more. Which is hysterical in it's very hypocrisy as most of what has been said in opposition, has in fact, been Wrong.
I have no problem with you Jazz. As I see it, you are attempting to keep things civil. But imho it is incredibly rude of you to call other Thor fans Zealots. While praising two individuals who were clearly posting in this topic, not for an intelligent, peaceful debate, but were in fact in here to tell a fan why he was "wrong", in an out right display of unabashed arrogance.
"Pay Homage to the Might of Thor, Son of Odin!"- Odin
- The Problem Marvel has with Thor · Shango of The Oshiras · Sun Jan 15, 2012 at 11:02:16 pm CST
- Re: The Problem Marvel has with Thor is that he peaked in the 1960s & could not evolve past his Marvel imposed CAP. (no text) · oceanside1 · Sat Jan 21, 2012 at 10:26:42 pm CST
- Okay everyone, let's keep this civil, no personal attacks or snide remarks. Play nice (no text) · Lightning Strike · Sat Jan 21, 2012 at 07:46:40 pm CST
- The actual problems Marvel has with Thor · The Mandarin · Sat Jan 21, 2012 at 12:07:15 am CST
- Re: Created By stan the man To be The "Marvel Superman!" Same position/power! (no text) · JesusFan · Tue Jan 17, 2012 at 10:06:31 pm CST
- Re: The Problem Marvel has with Thor · Oliva · Tue Jan 17, 2012 at 03:14:49 pm CST
- The problem Marvel has with Thor... · MjolnirsPower · Tue Jan 17, 2012 at 11:34:42 am CST
- I find this criticism to be really really one sided... · bd2999 · Mon Jan 16, 2012 at 03:44:19 pm CST
- Re: The Problem Marvel has with Thor · Jonathanos · Mon Jan 16, 2012 at 11:33:09 am CST
- Re: The Problem Marvel has with Thor · Would be Watcher · Mon Jan 16, 2012 at 08:46:08 am CST